Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep ’N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:57 am

Hi everyone,
I just closed my CSR card, does that mean the Priority pass stop working imediately? thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM Elite Plus, Aegean
Originally Posted by boniam
Never mind. No lounge in any termnial i am going Bos (B), LAX (4), OGG, ITO, KOA. Premier pass coverage seems really bad in USA.
But they're in most airports in Europe and often quite good.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by hondaman82
Hi everyone,
I just closed my CSR card, does that mean the Priority pass stop working imediately? thanks!
It is supposed to stop working when the card expires. It is possible that it might continue to work and that you might get billed for the entry fee.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:16 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Visited the IASS lounge in Honolulu today. Beverages consisted of canned juices/soft drinks and there was no food. They do offer wi-fi and the seats were comfortable. I was there about 45 mins before my Alaska departure and had some guava juice and a Diet Coke from a small refrigerator.

Was also in The Club at DFW two weeks ago. They did have some finger food out but nothing that interested me. Had a Sam Adams. Capacity controls kick in at 1pm when they move to a smaller room and one of the airlines takes over the larger space I was in. I left when they made the room change. The photo shows about 1/3 of the space in the larger room.

More photos in the lounge gallery linked below.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by hondaman82
Hi everyone,
It should be fairly immediate, yes.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:48 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
I'm enjoying PP Select via CSR. Easy to bring my family of four or five (sometimes a grandparent comes along too) into various lounges. Once had a work trip and brought all 11 of us into a lounge. The front desk receptionist initially tried to say there was some arbitrary limit to the number of people I could bring in but I just told her to try running the card for all 11 and see what happens. When it worked she looked surprised but didn't argue any further. Personally I think it's a great benefit.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by CommentatusMaximus
...Personally I think it's a great benefit.
My guess is that this will be the first CSR benefit that gets reduced by Chase in their cost-cutting quest.
mhdena likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by pallhedge
My guess is that this will be the first CSR benefit that gets reduced by Chase in their cost-cutting quest.
I guess we'll see soon. I'd hope they would keep the Priority Pass since so many competing cards now include it too. Earlier this year the National Car Rental partnership took an extra month to sort out. I think it's kind of ridiculous the credit card companies can keep changing the regular benefits considering that's what we all agreed to upon signing up.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by pallhedge
I don't think the benefit will be eliminated...too many competitors offer it. If it's nerfed, I'd think Chase will limit the amount of guests allowed.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:12 am

...I'd hope they would keep the Priority Pass...
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I don't think the benefit will be eliminated...
I never said "eliminated". 2-3 complementary guests would seem appropriate. Chase footing the bill for the cardholder and 10 business associates is unsustainable.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Once had a work trip and brought all 11 of us into a lounge. The front desk receptionist initially tried to say there was some arbitrary limit to the number of people I could bring in but I just told her to try running the card for all 11 and see what happens. When it worked she looked surprised but didn't argue any further.
This type of stuff is why we can't have nice things...

Regards
Boraxo and mhdena like this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:23 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
I have PP through my CSR, but my PP card expires in September. I won't be able to pick up the new PP card until I return to my US address in November and there is no one who can forward it to me. I have a trip to Bangkok in October, does anyone know if there is any way to access PP clubs at the Bangkok airport with an expired PP card, but a current membership?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scubadu
This type of stuff is why we can't have nice things...

Regards
That is what the banks term "unintended" usage or "not customary usage". I do not believe that the poster does this out of kindness but just to show off and to impress. Yup, that is why many lounges now imposing guest limit on PP holders and that is exactly what is happening with AS and AF lounges in US that are also used by PP.

On top of that while Chase allows unlimited guests it is still subj to individual lounges own policy.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:04 pm

I'm enjoying PP Select via CSR. Easy to bring my family of four or five (sometimes a grandparent comes along too) into various lounges.
I was just on a cruise r/t Amsterdam. I used the lounge in EWR (Art & Lounge) while waiting for the outgoing flight. My wife insisted that we get to the airport early, and having the lounge made it less painful (until she insisted that we go thru security an hour before boarding only to find no wait at TSA, sigh). The food wasn't great (it was mid-afternoon), but it was better than nothing.

In Amsterdam, I ran into two couples who had been friendly with on our cruise when we were going thru security and told them to wait for me and I'd take them into the lounge (#41). The six of us got in with no problem, although I was warned about the 3 hour limit (which apparently I was able to get around by checking in again). The others had earlier flights but my wife and I left at around the 3 hour mark to go thru the D1 security, only to find ourselves back in the main terminal, so we checked into the lounge again for the last half hour . BTW, they did not seem to be enforcing the smart casual dress requirement in AMS, which was a bit annoying since I would have worn shorts if I'd realized that I could get away with it. The good was really good here, they had breakfast stuff when we got there and then switched over to lunch later on.

It really was very nice to have access to these. I've never had a PP before and could definitely get used to it.

Last edited by MisterBill; Sep 4, 2017 at 8:48 pm
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by tom911
Was also in The Club at DFW two weeks ago. They did have some finger food out but nothing that interested me. Had a Sam Adams. Capacity controls kick in at 1pm when they move to a smaller room and one of the airlines takes over the larger space I was in.
There is often a waiting list to get in when they move to "the closet", as some of the lounge agents call it. Going after 1pm is not usually a pleasant experience. Once you are put on the waitlist, they will call you when they have a seat.

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
I have PP through my CSR, but my PP card expires in September. I won't be able to pick up the new PP card until I return to my US address in November and there is no one who can forward it to me. I have a trip to Bangkok in October, does anyone know if there is any way to access PP clubs at the Bangkok airport with an expired PP card, but a current membership?
Mine also expires in September and I was one of the initial wave of CSR sign ups so I imagine a lot of PPs expire then. I haven't seen a new card come yet and I hope they ship soon!

There is a PP app to use instead of card but I hear it doesn't work in all situations...

Actually I just tried the app and despite frequent reference to a "Digital Membership Card" it does not appear to me in the app or on the website when logged in. I presume they don't do it for credit card issues PP memberships. I also see their information about me is limited (including no listed address). No information on expiration date either. Quite poor.

Last edited by dmodemd; Sep 5, 2017 at 9:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.