Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton VISA Infinite. Available by PC from Bountiful/Boundless. Refreshed 09.22

Old Jan 8, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
The Ritz-Carlton Rewards VISA Infinite card was closed for applications in July 2018. The only way to obtain the Ritz card now is to Product Change from a Chase Bonvoy Bountiful or Boundless card, which must be open for a full year to be eligible for Product Change. Upgrades from free Chase Bonvoy Bold will not succeed UNLESS (a) the Bold card was obtained as a downgrade from another Chase Bonvoy card, (b) Or if you convert Bold to Boundless or Bountiful before switching once more to Ritz-Carlton within a few days of the product change (reports here)

Previous thread is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...16-2021-a.html

Ritz card information still available on the Chase SITE.

Feature Summary:
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 Marriott points per dollar at Marriott properties, including former Starwood and Ritz-Carltons.
  • 3 Marriott points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 Marriott points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 85,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals." This does not happen automatically. It must be requested by phone or by private message.
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night. Use code Z34 to check for price; Z38 is club upgrade code and can only be booked by phone
  • Troon Rewards and PRIV ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

AS upgrades from coach to premium coach or first work.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton VISA Infinite. Available by PC from Bountiful/Boundless. Refreshed 09.22

Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
check your first statement and see when was the 1st date acct was opened. Call on that exact date (+1 year). That should be the earliest time you can upg/PC to RC
I have had the Boundless since 2018. If I wait until after my AF posts in February and I receive the 35k cert, would I be subject to the higher AF with the PC to RC or would I be grandfathered in until the subsequent anniversary?

If so, saving the $355 may be worth more than the 50k certespecially since I would receive 2x $300 credits in first year, correct?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:01 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by alexanderwang
since I would receive 2x $300 credits in first year, correct?
I believe that the $300 credit is based on a year from the card anniversary date, not on a calendar year. Check me out on this, though.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I believe that the $300 credit is based on a year from the card anniversary date, not on a calendar year. Check me out on this, though.
It is per calendar year.

https://creditcards.chase.com/marrio...r/ritz-carlton
Boraxo and kalo93406 like this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:08 am

I have had the Boundless since 2018. If I wait until after my AF posts in February and I receive the 35k cert, would I be subject to the higher AF with the PC to RC or would I be grandfathered in until the subsequent anniversary?

If so, saving the $355 may be worth more than the 50k certespecially since I would receive 2x $300 credits in first year, correct?
You're correct. If you product change in February. you won't receive the upgraded 50,000 certificate until your next card anniversary in February, but you will have access to the $300 travel credit immediately and will also have in beginning January, 2023. Good Luck.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
You're correct. If you product change in February. you won't receive the upgraded 50,000 certificate until your next card anniversary in February, but you will have access to the $300 travel credit immediately and will also have in beginning January, 2023. Good Luck.
Thanks! Anyone have any recent DPs on the RC AF if it is prorated or postponed if you wait until after the Boundless AF posts?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Will the Chase Marriott Bonvoy Bold convert to RC?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
Thanks! Anyone have any recent DPs on the RC AF if it is prorated or postponed if you wait until after the Boundless AF posts?
I upgraded mid-December. I immediately got a pro-rated credit for my previous annual fee and the new annual fee still hasn't hit yet (I got a letter in the mail detailing how much time I had to reverse the PC). I got my $300 in credits for 2021 and expect the full annual fee to post within a few weeks.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 12:36 pm

Has anyone PC from Bonvoy Brilliant/Bold to RC after waiting less than a year? Originally applied for Brilliant before December, but just approved this month - would love to get it PC as soon as possible, especially before next December. Thanks for any data points.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by truematic
Has anyone PC from Bonvoy Brilliant/Bold to RC after waiting less than a year? Originally applied for Brilliant before December, but just approved this month - would love to get it PC as soon as possible, especially before next December. Thanks for any data points.
Brilliant is issued by Amex. RC is issued by Chase. You cannot product change from different issuers.
GUWonder, SPN Lifer and Boraxo like this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:25 pm

Wow! 14 years to make your first post?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Wow! 14 years to make your first post?
Welcome to flyertalk?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:57 am

How does Chase look on 5/24 when doing a PC from Bold to RC?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by mroseman13
Welcome to flyertalk?
You welcome, he has been lurking for 9 years before you joined....
msp3 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
How does Chase look on 5/24 when doing a PC from Bold to RC?
5/24 shouldn't matter when doing a PC
Old Jan 6, 2022, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by UnevenGray
5/24 shouldn't matter when doing a PC
I hope you're right.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.