Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep ’N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2022, 6:09 pm

I currently have 6 authorized users. Someone on the forum posted that they heard 6 was the "unlimited" limit and others said it was truly unlimited. I don't have a reason to add another family member, but would try it if I had reason to. My sister-in-law was traveling with girlfriends and only add relatives as authorized users, even though Chase doesn't require it.

If you have a bunch of close relatives, I wouldn't hesitate to sign them up. I only hand out the Priority Pass cards, and keep the actual credit cards in a secure location.

Originally Posted by EccentricINTJ
I also tried to activate the account through the regular PP activation and that site doesn't work. I have to go https://prioritypass.com/jpmdmc to activate it so that's interesting as well. All other PP cards I have were activated normally on PPs activation site, but this one is different.

All interesting and peculiar but like I said, we won't completely verify unless there's more datapoints.
When my sister-in-law lost her Priority Pass card 1-2 years ago, I called Priority Pass and they told me I had to call Chase directly. After I told the Chase rep that she lost her Priority Pass card, he was going to immediately deactivate all 6 credit cards, including my own. Luckily, I was able to convince him that the credit cards were safe, so he only replaced her Priority Pass. Regardless, it was a PITA.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:14 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
I talked to my sister-in-law and she said they only swiped her card one time, but scanned all 6 boarding passes, so I'm not sure if it actually counts as 6 visits, or they may have just been nice in allowing them all in.
The lounge's own policy always determines how many guests are admitted. The credit card company's policy only determines who pays. The lounge attendant knows nothing about anyone's Priority Pass membership. They do not know if you will be charged for guests.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Avis Preffered, Delta GM
I cannot seem to get my priority pass activated. I called the number on my card and the rep transferred me to Marriott customer services, which was useless. When I go through the chase app to lounges it says "We're having trouble finding your digital membership card." I think the card I got in the mail was from Chase and not a replacement AMEX. The paper it came with is long gone and the activation on the priority pass website doesn't;t work with my last 4 digits on my card.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 9:07 am
mia

Originally Posted by fujiteam
....I think the card I got in the mail was from Chase and not a replacement AMEX.....
What does Priority Pass customer service say?
mroseman13 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by mia
What does Priority Pass customer service say?
Chase needs to initiate. The 'new' priority pass card I got around the time of the Chase card was actually for a different Amex. PP can't do anything until Chase initiates generating the ~15 digit PP membership number.

I was transferred to Marriott benefit incorrectly. I was given the Priority Pass customer service line, even though I was told it was a Chase-specific line. I was given the Chase Benefits line, which transferred me to Priority Pass. On the 3rd call to the number on the back of the card, I finally got someone at Chase who found the form they had to fill out. Allegedly I will get the card in 2-3 weeks. I also had them do the form for my AU.

I upgraded from a Boundless on 8/20/22.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 11:13 am
mia

Chase needs to initiate.....
This could have changed, but my recollection from the early days of Sapphire Reserve is that Chase obtains their Priority Pass memberships through a third-party administrator, and does not deal directly with Priority Pass.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
FYI you can now add your PP digital membership card to Apple Wallet directly from the Chase iPhone app, as noted in a recent blog post. I have not yet tried to use the QR code at an actual PP lounge.

IMO this is superior to adding a PP card from the PP app itself, because the Wallet card is entitled "Sapphire Priority Pass" - very useful as I have several PP cards. Of course you it is easy to use the signature panel to label the plastic PP cards.
ntamayo, cuthroat and mroseman13 like this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Originally Posted by Boraxo
FYI you can now add your PP digital membership card to Apple Wallet directly from the Chase iPhone app, as noted in a recent blog post. I have not yet tried to use the QR code at an actual PP lounge.

IMO this is superior to adding a PP card from the PP app itself, because the Wallet card is entitled "Sapphire Priority Pass" - very useful as I have several PP cards. Of course you it is easy to use the signature panel to label the plastic PP cards.
I couldn't find the blog post or this in the app. Can you point me to hoe to do this? Thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2022, 11:23 am

Chase needs to initiate. The 'new' priority pass card I got around the time of the Chase card was actually for a different Amex. PP can't do anything until Chase initiates generating the ~15 digit PP membership number.

I was transferred to Marriott benefit incorrectly. I was given the Priority Pass customer service line, even though I was told it was a Chase-specific line. I was given the Chase Benefits line, which transferred me to Priority Pass. On the 3rd call to the number on the back of the card, I finally got someone at Chase who found the form they had to fill out. Allegedly I will get the card in 2-3 weeks. I also had them do the form for my AU.

I upgraded from a Boundless on 8/20/22.
I finally got my card and my AU's card. The activation website is a special subset of the Priority Pass website it seems. Got the app switched over form an Amex card.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by schalliol
I couldn't find the blog post or this in the app. Can you point me to hoe to do this? Thanks!
I received the information on an email from Chase related to the CSR "fall adventure is calling you." That email provides the following:
You can use your PriorityPass Digital Membership Card to access most of the 1,300+ PriorityPass airport lounges worldwide. Available now, you can find it in the Explore Lounges section under Benefits › Travel. You can also view up-to-date airport lounge information, including locations, hours and available amenities. Be sure to activate your complimentary PriorityPass Select membership, if you haven't already.
On the Chase app for Android the "Benefits" section is at the bottom as soon as you open the app and has a star on top. Once there, you select the CSR from the drop down menu with all your cards, then go to travel which shows up right below along with other options, then scroll down to "Explore Lounges" and tap on the ">" next to it. The next screen will have a button at the bottom with "See digital membership card," which takes you to a screen with the QR code for your Priority Pass with all the details below as well as a button at the bottom of the screen that allows you to save the QR code and PP to your wallet (I saved mine to the Google Wallet). Now my PP is my Google Wallet and there's no need to go to the Chase mobile app to access it. Please note that your PP needs to be activated for the steps above to work.
ntamayo and mangust like this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Have rarely used restaurant benefits for PP, so have a question since I may use them on an upcoming trip.

In the past, I swore terms excluded alcohol at PP participating restaurants, but looked up recently and didn’t see that exclusion (gratuity excluded - saw that for sure). Can you use the benefit to include alcohol, or is that generally not allowed (or does it depend on the specific restaurant). I’m looking at SFO, probably specifically Giants Clibhouse.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by emcampbe
In the past, I swore terms excluded alcohol at PP participating restaurants, but looked up recently and didn’t see that exclusion (gratuity excluded - saw that for sure). Can you use the benefit to include alcohol, or is that generally not allowed (or does it depend on the specific restaurant). I’m looking at SFO, probably specifically Giants Clibhouse.
I suppose it's possible that alcohol could be excluded at a restaurant's discretion, but I've never seen that in the T&Cs. I always get a beer or something when I use the PP restaurant benefit without issue.
emcampbe likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 8:57 pm

Have rarely used restaurant benefits for PP, so have a question since I may use them on an upcoming trip.

I've gotten alcohol and it was included for PP but I expected it not to be. I bet it depends on that specific restaurant's policy and/or server's ignorance.
emcampbe likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,

never been an issue at the PGA club at MSP
Old Dec 4, 2022, 8:10 am

My wife just got a new Priority Pass card from CSR. The card expires 31 Dec 25 while the PP app lists an expiration date of 31 Jan 2023. She went to prioritypass.com/chasedmc to activate, but it said her number was already activated. What should she do to update the expiration date in the app?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.