Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Chase allows points earned with different cards, or by members of the same household, or owners of the same business, to combine points in one Ultimate Rewards account.

These are the rules for personal cards:

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household.

Go to chase.com/ultimaterewards, call the number on the back of your card or visit a Chase branch to move your points.

You can't move points to another eligible card if either account is prohibited from earning or using points at the time you attempt to move the points.

These are the rules for business cards. (All INK cards are business cards.)

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you, one member of your household, or your joint business owner, as applicable. If we suspect that you've engaged in fraudulent activity related to your credit card account or Ultimate Rewards, or that you've misused Ultimate Rewards in any way (for example by buying or selling points, moving or transferring points with or to an ineligible third party or account, or repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards) we may temporarily prohibit you from earning points or using points you've already earned. If we believe you've engaged in any of these acts, we'll close your credit card account and you'll lose all your points.

Q: Ok, so I won't be violating any of the above rules. How do I combine or transfer my points?

A: Log in to your Chase Ultimate Rewards account. Click your point balance to reveal a drop down menu. Choose Combine points. You can then choose to move your points between your own credit card UR accounts, or "Add a Household Member" to transfer points to.

If you are experiencing technical problems combining points, please see Problems Combining UR points between accounts.

Combining is not the same as transferring. The rules for transferring to an airline or hotel program are subtly different. Those rules and procedures are discussed in another thread:

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts
Print Wikipost

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:26 am

Chase Sapphire Reserve

When I apply and get my card can I combine all my cards immediately (business included ) so that all my points are together, before I meet the msr?

Because part of my MSR is going to be booking some travel. Also do referrals still work in that I can use a family ref and they get points?

thanks
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:50 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
You can combine points as soon as the Sapphire Reserve card is activated.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
My Chase online account apparently got locked last night/this morning for security reasons. After getting transferred to their senior fraud team, I found out they had concerns about this month's transactions combining my Freedom and Freedom Unlimited points to my Sapphire Reserve. They had no issues unlocking my account after I verified that I did it, but now I'm kinda wondering if I should combine less often than once a month per card.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by tmiw
My Chase online account apparently got locked last night/this morning for security reasons.
I thought Chase generally sends you a text to verify that it was indeed you that did it. Probably for something else, I take it.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by vanillabean
I thought Chase generally sends you a text to verify that it was indeed you that did it. Probably for something else, I take it.
The texts/emails are generally for if a card transaction declines due to tripping their fraud monitoring, at least in my experience.
philemer likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:15 pm
mia

Moderator action

Question about transferring points to spouse's UA account moved to this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-accounts.html

Last edited by mia; Dec 15, 2018 at 8:31 am
Old Dec 15, 2018, 9:50 am
RNE

Originally Posted by tmiw
...I found out they had concerns about this month's transactions combining my Freedom and Freedom Unlimited points to my Sapphire Reserve.
Clearly, Chase was "concerned" that some evildoer had broken into your account to maliciously move points around among your own cards. Oh, the horror! Then, his evil deed done, that villain skulked off... possibly to his, oh, I don't know, yoga class, maybe?

RNE, opining that Chase did not level with you.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Caribgrl
When I apply and get my card can I combine all my cards immediately (business included ) so that all my points are together, before I meet the msr?

Because part of my MSR is going to be booking some travel. Also do referrals still work in that I can use a family ref and they get points?

thanks
Originally Posted by mia
You can combine points as soon as the Sapphire Reserve card is activated.
Quoting myself as well as and thinking out loud... it would just be better for me to book this portion of the trip so that it applies towards the MSR (then I would also get my travel credit) RATHER than combining and using those points at this time...?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:05 am
mia

Originally Posted by Caribgrl
...it would just be better for me to book this portion of the trip so that it applies towards the MSR ....RATHER than combining and using those points at this time...?
The decision to pay for a specific trip with money, rather than redeem points, has no bearing on the separate decision to combine points. I combine points from all of our cards into a single account each and every month as soon a statements are generated.
SanDiego1K likes this.

Last edited by mia; Jan 2, 2019 at 7:21 am
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by mia
The decision to pay for a specific trip with money, rather than redeem points, has no bearing on the separate decision to combine points. .
I'm just saying it's better that the trip go towards the msr?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by mia
The decision to pay for a specific trip with money, rather than redeem points, has no bearing on the separate decision to combine points. I combine points from all of our cards into a single account each and every month as soon a statements are generated.
Concur.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by mia
I combine points from all of our cards into a single account each and every month as soon a statements are generated.
You have your reason of course, but I wonder if there’s any actual need to combine until you’re ready to redeem.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:02 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by vanillabean
I wonder if there’s any actual need to combine until you’re ready to redeem.
There was a rumor last year that Chase was going to do away with the ability to merge points. That was a compelling reason to merge. That apparently has been disavowed by Chase, at least for the moment. Still, I like to move my points out of my Freedom account on to my Sapphire account. I'm reducing risk of a benefit suddenly disappearing.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:55 am
mia

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
....reducing risk of a benefit suddenly disappearing.
ALSO, we have an entire thread recounting problems encountered when trying to Combine points....

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Combining every month tests our accounts to verify that they are not affected by any of the several problems, and allows time to solve. I would rather do this when I do not "need" the points, than when I am working against a deadline.
beltway and roundtree like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
My father has UR points from a CSR that he will never use. If I am an AU on his account but am not a "household member" (different addresses), can he still transfer to me? Would the points go on that AU account (and could I transfer to say UA from there) or could they be then combined with my own UR points from my primary CSR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.