Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Chase allows points earned with different cards, or by members of the same household, or owners of the same business, to combine points in one Ultimate Rewards account.

These are the rules for personal cards:

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household.

Go to chase.com/ultimaterewards, call the number on the back of your card or visit a Chase branch to move your points.

You can't move points to another eligible card if either account is prohibited from earning or using points at the time you attempt to move the points.

These are the rules for business cards. (All INK cards are business cards.)

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you, one member of your household, or your joint business owner, as applicable. If we suspect that you've engaged in fraudulent activity related to your credit card account or Ultimate Rewards, or that you've misused Ultimate Rewards in any way (for example by buying or selling points, moving or transferring points with or to an ineligible third party or account, or repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards) we may temporarily prohibit you from earning points or using points you've already earned. If we believe you've engaged in any of these acts, we'll close your credit card account and you'll lose all your points.

Q: Ok, so I won't be violating any of the above rules. How do I combine or transfer my points?

A: Log in to your Chase Ultimate Rewards account. Click your point balance to reveal a drop down menu. Choose Combine points. You can then choose to move your points between your own credit card UR accounts, or "Add a Household Member" to transfer points to.

If you are experiencing technical problems combining points, please see Problems Combining UR points between accounts.

Combining is not the same as transferring. The rules for transferring to an airline or hotel program are subtly different. Those rules and procedures are discussed in another thread:

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts
Print Wikipost

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2020, 11:49 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by RNE
You mean you combine points...
There’s something about it though that’s not intuitive. When I think of combine with, it doesn’t come naturally to me to think of it as move to. When I combine two things, I have equal access to them, but that’s not how it is here, because I have owner access to the account the points are coming from, but not where they are going, unless that account too is mine. It helps me to think of it as a household in which we with mutual consent make the various accounts a shared pool and combine points.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 3:46 pm

Betty has a CF card and a CI card. Veronica also has a CF card and is an employee cardholder on Betty’s CI.

My question is this. Can Betty combine points to Veronica?
Old Jul 17, 2020, 4:08 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Betty has a CF card and a CI card. Veronica also has a CF card and is an employee cardholder on Betty’s CI.

My question is this. Can Betty combine points to Veronica?
Not unless Betty and Veronica are members of the same household. The INK rules requires that Betty and Veronica be co-owners of the business, not owner and employee.
vanillabean likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 7:12 am

I am nearly sure of this, but for transfer of UR to Spouse, I can use her CFU as the transfer card from my CSR and then she can move to her CSR. She will not have a CSR for much longer so may as well just user her CFU as that's a keeper?
Old Aug 17, 2020, 7:31 am
mia

You can Combine points from any of your cards to any of your spouse's cards, and when the points are in her account she can Combine them with any of her other card accounts. (Assumptions: you live in the same household; you have not Combined points from your account with any "other" person in the past 12 months.)
Old Sep 14, 2020, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Can you transfer Freedom Unlimited TY points to Chase Business Plus Card?

According to the Points Guy (sorry to quote a blogger here), if I get a Chase Freedom Unlimited, I can combine use the points I earn as full-fledged Thank You points IF the following conditions apply:

"However, as with the sign-up bonus, you can maximize your Chase Freedom Unlimited cash back if you also have one of three other Chase cards — the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, the Chase Sapphire Reserve or the Ink Business Preferred Credit Card. With these cards, you can combine your Chase Freedom Unlimited cash-back points onto these three cards and turn them into full-fledged Ultimate Rewards points."

Right now I have a Sapphire Preferred, which I have no need for, and the old Chase Ink Business Plus (as opposed to the newer Ink Business Preferred), which I retain for the 5X bonus on cable and cell phone bills. If the Points Guy has it right, I can't get the Freedom Unlimited points counted as full-fledged Ultimate Reward points if I get rid of my Sapphire card.

Since bloggers don't always get it right and since I can't find any relevant thread here, does anyone know if the Ink Business Plus can in fact be used in combination with the Freedom Unlimited so as to get full-fledged TY points from the latter?

Thanks for any help.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
According to the Points Guy (sorry to quote a blogger here), if I get a Chase Freedom Unlimited, I can combine use the points I earn as full-fledged Thank You points IF the following conditions apply:

"However, as with the sign-up bonus, you can maximize your Chase Freedom Unlimited cash back if you also have one of three other Chase cards — the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, the Chase Sapphire Reserve or the Ink Business Preferred Credit Card. With these cards, you can combine your Chase Freedom Unlimited cash-back points onto these three cards and turn them into full-fledged Ultimate Rewards points."

Right now I have a Sapphire Preferred, which I have no need for, and the old Chase Ink Business Plus (as opposed to the newer Ink Business Preferred), which I retain for the 5X bonus on cable and cell phone bills. If the Points Guy has it right, I can't get the Freedom Unlimited points counted as full-fledged Ultimate Reward points if I get rid of my Sapphire card.

Since bloggers don't always get it right and since I can't find any relevant thread here, does anyone know if the Ink Business Plus can in fact be used in combination with the Freedom Unlimited so as to get full-fledged TY points from the latter?

Thanks for any help.
I have both the Ink Plus and the newer Ink Pref. My wife has a Freedom Unlimited card and we have no issues transferring her points to my Ink Plus account - the last time being a few weeks ago. Maybe TPG only mentioned Chase UR cards that can currently be obtained?
Old Sep 14, 2020, 2:25 pm
mia

Moderator action

....I can't find any relevant thread here,
I moved your question into the correct thread. Chase call this process "Combining" and uses the term "Transferring" only when moving points out of Ultimate Rewards to an airline or partner program. Read the Wikipost at the top of the thread to understand the rules for Combining.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold

Thanks for any help.
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
I have both the Ink Plus and the newer Ink Pref. My wife has a Freedom Unlimited card and we have no issues transferring her points to my Ink Plus account - the last time being a few weeks ago. Maybe TPG only mentioned Chase UR cards that can currently be obtained?
Originally Posted by mia
I moved your question into the correct thread. Chase call this process "Combining" and uses the term "Transferring" only when moving points out of Ultimate Rewards to an airline or partner program. Read the Wikipost at the top of the thread to understand the rules for Combining.
Thanks very much for both of the replies and the info. I'd welcome any more experiences re the question about whether combining Ink Plus and Freedom Unlimited TY points is possible.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks very much for both of the replies and the info. I'd welcome any more experiences re the question about whether combining Ink Plus and Freedom Unlimited TY points is possible.
Combining ink Plus and Freedom Unlimited TY points is completely impossible, because TY points are from Citi, not Chase. I presume you mean "combining Ink Plus and Freedom Unlimited UR points", right?
roberto99 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Combining ink Plus and Freedom Unlimited TY points is completely impossible, because TY points are from Citi, not Chase. I presume you mean "combining Ink Plus and Freedom Unlimited UR points", right?
SMH! Yes, thanks!
sdsearch likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I consolidate points earned with a half-dozen cards into one card every month.
Originally Posted by pallhedge
In terms of combining points, I regularly combine all my UR onto my CSR card as I earn them with other cards. Every month, like clockwork.
Originally Posted by mia
You can Combine points from any of your cards to any of your spouse's cards, and when the points are in her account she can Combine them with any of her other card accounts. (Assumptions: you live in the same household; you have not Combined points from your account with any "other" person in the past 12 months.)

My wife was just approved for CSP, throwing our otherwise orderly household into turmoil. She has never had one before, so here we are now having two. Just so I’m on solid ground, we can without restriction combine from any UR card to any UR card in any direction, as long as it stays between the two of us?
Old Oct 29, 2020, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by vanillabean
My wife was just approved for CSP, throwing our otherwise orderly household into turmoil. She has never had one before, so here we are now having two. Just so I’m on solid ground, we can without restriction combine from any UR card to any UR card in any direction, as long as it stays between the two of us?
My wife and I transfer all the time. Together we have CSR (2), FU (2), Freedom, and FFlex and funnel everything to our CSR accounts to whichever one has available PYB charges.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 5:32 pm
akm

My CSR annual renewal fee will be due shortly. I am unlikely to travel for the next one year so plan to cancel the CSR card. I plan to combine my points with my spouse's Chase Freedom card points before I cancel my CSR. Since it has been more than four years since I received points for CSR, I will apply for a new CSR when my travel picks up again (possibly next summer) and then move points back to my CSR account (we usually keep all our Chase points in a single account, and so far that has been my CSR account). From what people have posted here, I understand that that should not be a problem, right? Also, is there an upper limit on how many points can be combined at one time or annually? Thanks.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by akm
My CSR annual renewal fee will be due shortly. I am unlikely to travel for the next one year so plan to cancel the CSR card. I plan to combine my points with my spouse's Chase Freedom card points before I cancel my CSR. Since it has been more than four years since I received points for CSR, I will apply for a new CSR when my travel picks up again (possibly next summer) and then move points back to my CSR account (we usually keep all our Chase points in a single account, and so far that has been my CSR account). From what people have posted here, I understand that that should not be a problem, right? Also, is there an upper limit on how many points can be combined at one time or annually? Thanks.
It shouldn't be a problem and there's no upper limit that I'm aware of. That said, as an alternative to cancelling, consider downgrading your CSR to your own Freedom or Freedom Unlimited. This will require no action on your part as relates to the UR points
sdsearch likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.