Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Chase allows points earned with different cards, or by members of the same household, or owners of the same business, to combine points in one Ultimate Rewards account.

These are the rules for personal cards:

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household.

Go to chase.com/ultimaterewards, call the number on the back of your card or visit a Chase branch to move your points.

You can't move points to another eligible card if either account is prohibited from earning or using points at the time you attempt to move the points.

These are the rules for business cards. (All INK cards are business cards.)

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you, one member of your household, or your joint business owner, as applicable. If we suspect that you've engaged in fraudulent activity related to your credit card account or Ultimate Rewards, or that you've misused Ultimate Rewards in any way (for example by buying or selling points, moving or transferring points with or to an ineligible third party or account, or repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards) we may temporarily prohibit you from earning points or using points you've already earned. If we believe you've engaged in any of these acts, we'll close your credit card account and you'll lose all your points.

Q: Ok, so I won't be violating any of the above rules. How do I combine or transfer my points?

A: Log in to your Chase Ultimate Rewards account. Click your point balance to reveal a drop down menu. Choose Combine points. You can then choose to move your points between your own credit card UR accounts, or "Add a Household Member" to transfer points to.

If you are experiencing technical problems combining points, please see Problems Combining UR points between accounts.

Combining is not the same as transferring. The rules for transferring to an airline or hotel program are subtly different. Those rules and procedures are discussed in another thread:

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts
Print Wikipost

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by RNE
This morning, I combined points from my wife's CFU into my CF. At confirmation, I got a warning that the combining was permanent and irreversible. (I didn't copy the exact wording. Sorry.) Is that something new?
No. It only means she can’t undo it. But you can (return the points), from your account.
Blithely yours.
RNE likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 6:33 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
If self and spouse have different last names, same address, and I MS very lightly will a transfer raise any eyebrows? First time ever transferring UR
Old Jun 1, 2020, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by msp3
If self and spouse have different last names, same address, and I MS very lightly will a transfer raise any eyebrows? First time ever transferring UR
The process of combining points is done electronically. There are no eyebrows involved to raise.
sdsearch, tbm13 and msp3 like this.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 1:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
is it possible to change the billing address of my credit card reserve and then have another member from the same address to transfer points to my ultimate reserve account
Old Jun 28, 2020, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by happyvoid
is it possible to change the billing address of my credit card reserve and then have another member from the same address to transfer points to my ultimate reserve account
Your question implies a fraudulent act. Also, it will look to Chase exactly as if you are purchasing points from someone and leave both parties at risk of being shut down.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by mia
  1. Yes, Freedom Unlimited is marketed as a cash back card, but earns Ultimate Rewards points
I just want to make sure I'm reading this and some other posts correctly - this means that even if the FU is my only Chase card, it will earn points that I can combine into my wife's CSR card, doesn't it? We are members of the same household.

Apologies for being repetitious.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 7:30 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by richarddd
.... even if the FU is my only Chase card, it will earn points that I can combine into my wife's CSR card, ....
Correct. I combine points from my various free Chase cards with Ms mia's INK Preferred every month.
richarddd likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:05 am
RNE

I just want to make sure I'm reading this and some other posts correctly - this means that even if the FU is my only Chase card, it will earn points that I can combine into my wife's CSR card, doesn't it? We are members of the same household.
Originally Posted by mia
Correct. I combine points from my various free Chase cards with Ms mia's INK Preferred every month.
I too combine points with my wife, but there's a hitch. I can combine points on her cards only to my F card, not my FU or CSR cards. Not sure why the website won't enable the latter. Anyway, I get around the problem by then combining from my F card to my CSR. So, the points get where I want them with just a little extra work.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
I too combine points with my wife, but there's a hitch. I can combine points on her cards only to my F card, not my FU or CSR cards. Not sure why the website won't enable the latter. Anyway, I get around the problem by then combining from my F card to my CSR. So, the points get where I want them with just a little extra work.
Perhaps you can only have one card to combine points with at any one time?

When I log onto my CFU card and go to the combine points page, it lists her CSR card as the destination. I didn't proceed any further.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 12:58 pm
RNE

When I log onto my CFU card and go to the combine points page, it lists her CSR card as the destination. I didn't proceed any further.
Then you should be OK.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 4:05 pm

If I understand correctly any card can only receive points from one card and give points to one card. So in order to pool points from 5 cards I have to creat a chain so to speak and make the final card of the chain my CSR.

But next year my CSR will become a CF. Will I then be able to break the chain and reconnect so the final card will be P2’s CSP?
Old Jul 6, 2020, 4:19 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Dream of Flying
....any card can only receive points from one card ....
This is not accurate. I transfer points from several cards to the same card every month.
Dream of Flying likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 5:13 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by mia
I transfer points from several cards to the same card every month.
I would like to do likewise, but am not sure it’s allowed once I apply for a CSR to finally obtain the SUB, in a few months. I got my CSP 5 1/2 years ago, at which time DW got her CF and has transferred points to me. A while back, I product changed my card to a very enjoyable pre-pandemic CSR, which I more recently product changed to a useful pandemic CFU. I seem to remember something about a one year rule for switching who you combine with. My plan is have both her CF and my CFU transfer directly to my upcoming CSR.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 6:29 pm
mia

Originally Posted by vanillabean
....I seem to remember something about a one year rule for switching who you combine with. My plan is have both her CF and my CFU transfer directly to my upcoming CSR.
The rule is mentioned in the Wikipost, but Chase may have altered the wording. As written it allows you to Combine with one person. In principle you should be able to change the destination card, provided the same person is the cardholder. In practice I do not know what the software permits. I Combine all of my points to Ms mia's Freedom card because I know it will never be cancelled. In the final step, I move them from her Freedom card to her INK Preferred account. I have not needed to change the Combine links for a few years.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 1:40 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by mia
I transfer points from several cards to the same card every month.
You mean you combine points...
mia, pallhedge and vanillabean like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.