Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Chase allows points earned with different cards, or by members of the same household, or owners of the same business, to combine points in one Ultimate Rewards account.

These are the rules for personal cards:

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household.

Go to chase.com/ultimaterewards, call the number on the back of your card or visit a Chase branch to move your points.

You can't move points to another eligible card if either account is prohibited from earning or using points at the time you attempt to move the points.

These are the rules for business cards. (All INK cards are business cards.)

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you, one member of your household, or your joint business owner, as applicable. If we suspect that you've engaged in fraudulent activity related to your credit card account or Ultimate Rewards, or that you've misused Ultimate Rewards in any way (for example by buying or selling points, moving or transferring points with or to an ineligible third party or account, or repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards) we may temporarily prohibit you from earning points or using points you've already earned. If we believe you've engaged in any of these acts, we'll close your credit card account and you'll lose all your points.

Q: Ok, so I won't be violating any of the above rules. How do I combine or transfer my points?

A: Log in to your Chase Ultimate Rewards account. Click your point balance to reveal a drop down menu. Choose Combine points. You can then choose to move your points between your own credit card UR accounts, or "Add a Household Member" to transfer points to.

If you are experiencing technical problems combining points, please see Problems Combining UR points between accounts.

Combining is not the same as transferring. The rules for transferring to an airline or hotel program are subtly different. Those rules and procedures are discussed in another thread:

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts
Print Wikipost

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2024, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by MASTERNC
This is a silly question but want to confirm before I apply for the current Ink Unlimited bonus. If I have a business and personal card with UR and my wife has the Sapphire Preferred card (of which I am an AU), I can combinemiles from both of my cards to her account (either directly or by consolidating to my personal card and then sending to her) and then she can transfer points to a FF program in her name or mine?

Just want to make sure I am reading correctly and don't mess this up.
Yes, you can do that.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 4:22 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by mia
ALL Freedom, Sapphire and INK cards earn Ultimate Rewards.
Except, as we all keep forgetting, the Ink Premier, which earns weird UR points that only act like cash back.
philemer likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:05 pm

Chase web warns about manufactured spending and also churning.
I wanted to combine spouses points with mine. Because of the warning, I do not wish to call Chase.

Is there a way to still do this - is adding me as an authorized user avoids calling Chase and makes it safe?
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by sciconf
Chase web warns about manufactured spending and also churning.
I wanted to combine spouses points with mine. Because of the warning, I do not wish to call Chase.

Is there a way to still do this - is adding me as an authorized user avoids calling Chase and makes it safe?
If you are added as an employee on their cards, they can be transferred to your 3rd party programs, but not your chase account.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 2:05 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Schnit
If you are added as an employee on their cards, they can be transferred to your 3rd party programs, but not your chase account.
If the employee resides in the same household, as a spouse often does, points can be Combined in the same UR account:

you can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household or owner of the company, as applicable. If we suspect or believe you’ve engaged in misuse, or fraudulent activity related to your credit card account or Ultimate Rewards (for example, by: buying or selling points, moving or transferring points to an ineligible third party or account, repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the purpose of generating rewards or manufacturing spend), then we may temporarily prohibit you from earning points or using points you’ve already earned or close your credit card account.
I think sciconf is asking if this can be done online without interacting with customer service. In recent years the software is unreliable. If it does not allow the move, I would contact Chase by SM. They will ask you to call, but just refuse. They may ask for proof that the spouse is also an owner of the business, but enforcement is not consistent.

Separate thread discussing what may go wrong: Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Last edited by mia; Mar 19, 2024 at 2:11 pm
Old Mar 19, 2024, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by mia
If the employee resides in the same household, as a spouse often does, points can be Combined in the same UR account:

Y

I think sciconf is asking if this can be done online without interacting with customer service. In recent years the software is unreliable. If it does not allow the move, I would contact Chase by SM. They will ask you to call, but just refuse.
If you refuse to call they will move to a spouse's account through SM? What info do you give them through SM to do that?

I miss the days where you could just add a card online to move them to
Old Mar 19, 2024, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by mia

I think sciconf is asking if this can be done online without interacting with customer service. In recent years the software is unreliable. If it does not allow the move, I would contact Chase by SM. They will ask you to call, but just refuse. They may ask for proof that the spouse is also an owner of the business, but enforcement is not consistent.

Separate thread discussing what may go wrong: Problems Combining UR points between accounts
Yes, we have a biz ink card and earned some pts.
I prefer to combine points - but seems there is a risk!
If there is no risk, I would like to move forward, either by adding as an auth user - will auth user approach means no contact with CSR?
Old Mar 19, 2024, 4:35 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sciconf
....will auth user approach means no contact with CSR?
There is no approach that guarantees zero contact. The Combine screen may, or may not, let you add a card held by someone else as a destination, and if it does not you will need to contact Chase for assistance. Look at the other thread to understand what can go wrong: Problems Combining UR points between accounts
Old Apr 15, 2024, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I want to close my Chase Ink Biz Preferred due to AF. If I transfer points to my Chase Ink Unlimited will I lose the ability to transfer out to Air/Hotel partners?

I also have a JPM Reserve card but I don't see an option to transfer points from biz cards to personal cards. I have different portals for my personal and biz accounts.

Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2024, 11:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I want to close my Chase Ink Biz Preferred due to AF. If I transfer points to my Chase Ink Unlimited will I lose the ability to transfer out to Air/Hotel partners?

I also have a JPM Reserve card but I don't see an option to transfer points from biz cards to personal cards. I have different portals for my personal and biz accounts.

Thanks
You can combine the personal and biz for online access purposes but I can’t remember how I did it. Once you do that, you should be able to transfer from biz to personal. I and P2 both have that capacity.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 4:17 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott

Thanks
Call them and transfer it all to the reserve. It took less than 5 mins. I have both personal and business ink cash. My reserve is linked online to my spouse for transfer.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

They used to have the ability to link personal and business cards even across logins. I could transfer (*) from my Ink Cash to my CSR. Then they took that away/broke it for new links, but existing ones continued to exist. And so when my CSR cad number changed due to fraud I lost the link. And now I have to call it and have a CSR do the transfer. Which reminds me, time to do that transfer - there are quite a few points piled up on the business side.

(*) note that Chase calls it “Combine” points.
Boraxo and hurnik like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.