Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Chase allows points earned with different cards, or by members of the same household, or owners of the same business, to combine points in one Ultimate Rewards account.

These are the rules for personal cards:

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household.

Go to chase.com/ultimaterewards, call the number on the back of your card or visit a Chase branch to move your points.

You can't move points to another eligible card if either account is prohibited from earning or using points at the time you attempt to move the points.

These are the rules for business cards. (All INK cards are business cards.)

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you, one member of your household, or your joint business owner, as applicable. If we suspect that you've engaged in fraudulent activity related to your credit card account or Ultimate Rewards, or that you've misused Ultimate Rewards in any way (for example by buying or selling points, moving or transferring points with or to an ineligible third party or account, or repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards) we may temporarily prohibit you from earning points or using points you've already earned. If we believe you've engaged in any of these acts, we'll close your credit card account and you'll lose all your points.

Q: Ok, so I won't be violating any of the above rules. How do I combine or transfer my points?

A: Log in to your Chase Ultimate Rewards account. Click your point balance to reveal a drop down menu. Choose Combine points. You can then choose to move your points between your own credit card UR accounts, or "Add a Household Member" to transfer points to.

If you are experiencing technical problems combining points, please see Problems Combining UR points between accounts.

Combining is not the same as transferring. The rules for transferring to an airline or hotel program are subtly different. Those rules and procedures are discussed in another thread:

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts
Print Wikipost

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: Chase
Transferring Points to a Household member

I have a question because I am relatively new to the chase credit card programs. I recently got a chase preferred card and got the 50k bonus points. I listed my wife as an AU but the credit card is not in her name. She was talking about opening up her own account to try and build her credit, she was thinking about the chase reserve. I've heard that if you have two chase accounts open, you aren't eligible for the 50k bonus on the second card. If i have my wife listed as a dependent on my preferred will this interfere with her getting the bonus points on her Reserve? I'm also under the impression that you can transfer your points to ONE household member (my wife), so if she gets approved for the reserve, am I eligible to transfer all of my points on my preferred to her reserve to get 50% more toward travel?

Thank you!
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:43 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Originally Posted by DDy Forb
....if she gets approved for the reserve, am I eligible to transfer all of my points on my preferred to her reserve to get 50% more toward travel?
Yes.

Your wife is eligible to apply for a Sappire Reserve card. Holding an AU card an another person's account is irrelevant. Discussion here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...hire-card.html
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by mia
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Yes.

Your wife is eligible to apply for a Sappire Reserve card. Holding an AU card an another person's account is irrelevant.

Thank you. If she decides that the doesn't want the card down the road, I can always downgrade the card to a Freedom or Unlimited so it doesn't negatively affect her credit score or make her ineligible to apply for any other chase cards in 24 months

Last edited by mia; Jun 12, 2018 at 11:27 am Reason: Formatting
Old Jun 12, 2018, 1:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

[...] I'm also under the impression that you can transfer your points to ONE household member [...]
If you need to talk to anyone at Chase, use the word "combine" rather than "transfer" for moving points from one account to another. In Chase-speak, "transfer" means the Ultimate Reward points are going to another program (e.g. an airline), while "combine" means the UR points are going to another household member.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:00 am

Thank you. If she decides that the doesn't want the card down the road, I can always downgrade the card to a Freedom or Unlimited so it doesn't negatively affect her credit score or make her ineligible to apply for any other chase cards in 24 months
She would only be ineligible for any Sapphire card (ie. Sapphire Preferred) for 24 months after getting her Sapphire Reserve bonus.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:16 pm

Thanks guys
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:55 am

Can't transfer from Chase Freedom?

I have 2 Chase cards that have Ultimate Reward points. The Chase Freedom card doesn't have the option online to transfer points to a partner. The Chase Ink does. I have over 10k on the Freedom card. Did they discontinue transfers for this card? Since it is all part of Ultimate Rewards I am not sure what is going on.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:07 am
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
As long as both cards are in your name, you have the option of "Combining Points" on the website. This will prompt you for the other card number from which to combine points, and how many.
Quite easy and straightforward.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by michaeljc70
I have 2 Chase cards that have Ultimate Reward points. The Chase Freedom card doesn't have the option online to transfer points to a partner. The Chase Ink does. I have over 10k on the Freedom card. Did they discontinue transfers for this card? Since it is all part of Ultimate Rewards I am not sure what is going on.
The Freedom never had the option to transfer UR to partners. What you need to do is transfer the points from the Freedom to the Ink (Chase calls it "combining"), then transfer from Ink to the partner.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by blaz
The Freedom never had the option to transfer UR to partners. What you need to do is transfer the points from the Freedom to the Ink (Chase calls it "combining"), then transfer from Ink to the partner.
Can I combine points from a business card and a personal card?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:24 am
mia

Originally Posted by michaeljc70
Can I combine points from a business card and a personal card?
Yes, but for this to result in the ability to transfer to airline or hotel partners the card must be one that includes the transfer feature, such as INK Preferred.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Where on Chase/UR website does it show COMBINED UR total?

My accounts recently got pushed over to the "new" Chase website (I believe for many folks that happened a while ago, for me, it was a recent change). While there are some reasonable improvements with the new site, there's one thing that (I think) is now gone that is a significant annoyance: I can't find anyplace on either the Chase website or the Ultimate Rewards site that shows my combined total balance of UR points, from all cards. I currently have 3 Ink cards, one Sapphire and one Freedom. The old Chase website used to provide an impossible-to-miss total that showed how many I had when all were lumped together. Now, AFAICT that's completely gone from the Chase website (please correct me if I'm just missing it - it is an information-dense website). To see my UR balances, I need to click "show balance" for each UR-earning card, then it just shows me that - the points balance just for that card. Similarly, over on the UR website, I can see balances from each card separately, but I do not see any combined total.

Yeah, it's a first-world problem, so poor me I need to bring up a calculator and add up 5 numbers, boo hoo. But this is what computers are for, to remove such minor drudgery.

Anyway, perhaps I'm just missing this. Has anyone found a place to see one's total combined UR stash? Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:15 pm
mia

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
..... I currently have 3 Ink cards, one Sapphire and one Freedom.....
To be sure we understand correctly, all five cards on one Username?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
While there are some reasonable improvements with the new site, there's one thing that (I think) is now gone that is a significant annoyance: I can't find anyplace on either the Chase website or the Ultimate Rewards site that shows my combined total balance of UR points, from all cards.
I don't recall Chase ever having such a feature. Perhaps that's because my UR-earning biz cards have always been under a separate Chase login.

FWIW, the personal-card interface has a combined total in a dark blue below the various tiles (on the left half of the window) for each individual card:

(Lest anyone feel sympathy for my seeming point poverty, I hasten to point out that I moved my points over to the DW's Ink+ account just this morning.)

Last edited by beltway; Aug 8, 2018 at 3:03 pm
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by mia
To be sure we understand correctly, all five cards on one Username?
Correct. Business cards and personal cards all on one username/login. They all show up correctly, always have. But using the old site, whenever I selected any of the cards that earn URs (even the Freedom, which technically earns "Lesser URs" without one of the premium cards), it always showed my combined total UR balance from all cards. Once I got moved to the new UI, that feature seems to be gone - only UR numbers available are for each individual card, not the combined balance.

My spouse had/has the exact same experience with her accounts (which, like mine, are also a mix of business and personal cards on the same user ID/login).

It's not the end of the world, but it's an inconvenience, which came as a surprise.

I assume there's no secret URL or "one weird trick" one can use to get back to the old UI...if there was, I could go grab a screenshot to show you all that it was indeed a real thing before the switchover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.