Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Chase allows points earned with different cards, or by members of the same household, or owners of the same business, to combine points in one Ultimate Rewards account.

These are the rules for personal cards:

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household.

Go to chase.com/ultimaterewards, call the number on the back of your card or visit a Chase branch to move your points.

You can't move points to another eligible card if either account is prohibited from earning or using points at the time you attempt to move the points.

These are the rules for business cards. (All INK cards are business cards.)

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you, one member of your household, or your joint business owner, as applicable. If we suspect that you've engaged in fraudulent activity related to your credit card account or Ultimate Rewards, or that you've misused Ultimate Rewards in any way (for example by buying or selling points, moving or transferring points with or to an ineligible third party or account, or repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards) we may temporarily prohibit you from earning points or using points you've already earned. If we believe you've engaged in any of these acts, we'll close your credit card account and you'll lose all your points.

Q: Ok, so I won't be violating any of the above rules. How do I combine or transfer my points?

A: Log in to your Chase Ultimate Rewards account. Click your point balance to reveal a drop down menu. Choose Combine points. You can then choose to move your points between your own credit card UR accounts, or "Add a Household Member" to transfer points to.

If you are experiencing technical problems combining points, please see Problems Combining UR points between accounts.

Combining is not the same as transferring. The rules for transferring to an airline or hotel program are subtly different. Those rules and procedures are discussed in another thread:

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts
Print Wikipost

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by erlich
@pallhedge @mia @serpens @beltway, thank you for your explanation! So something like this might work?
spouse personal -> my personal -> my business -> joint business owner -> joint business owner's personal

(The fact that it's static and unidirectional makes things irreversible but it achieves 90% of the goal.)
That should work and the good news is, it's probably not irreversible. It's a bit of a nuisance but it doesn't have to be permanent. Lets' say one day you want to move points from your business to your personal. This can't be done with the unidirectional flow you have proposed. You would need to do the following:
  • Log in to spouse personal and on the screen for combine points, select "Remove Saved Card"
  • Do the same for your personal AND your business
  • Wait AT LEAST a full 24 hours
When you want to go back to the original straight line, Remove Saved Card from your business account, wait at least 24 hours, then set up the original chain again.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Transfer Wife's Freedom Card Points to my Sapphire Reserve?

My wife no longer has a Sapphire card, she has two Freedoms. Can those points be transferred to my UR account or is it necessary for her to cash them out? Thanks.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by Explore
My wife no longer has a Sapphire card, she has two Freedoms. Can those points be transferred to my UR account or is it necessary for her to cash them out? Thanks.
She can do this via her Ultimate Rewards page assuming you both live in the same household. It's called "combine points" on the site's menu. To avoid technical problems, she should combine all of her points onto one of her Freedom cards. Then combine points from that card onto your Sapphire Reserve.
RNE likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 12:32 pm

Guys - when transferred from my chase freedom to another household member's reserve card, will he benefit from the 50% bonus when booking travel - thx

Last edited by sam007; Apr 8, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by sam007
Guys - when transferred from my chase freedom to another household member's reserve card, will he benefit from the 50% bonus when booking travel - thx
Yes
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:22 pm

last year me and wife both received Ink Preferred bonus and its time for AF. I am keeping my Ip open to park points. we both have freedom cards too. Can I transfer my wife's UR to my UR? I tried but I can't link her card with my UR account. Am I missing anything?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by mak101
last year me and wife both received Ink Preferred bonus and its time for AF. I am keeping my Ip open to park points. we both have freedom cards too. Can I transfer my wife's UR to my UR? I tried but I can't link her card with my UR account. Am I missing anything?
It's called "Combine Points". It's on the top of her Ultimate Rewards page.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:55 am

Chase UR transfer with household

Are you allowed to transfer points to brother in same household

also is the transfer instant

thx

Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:10 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sam007
Are you allowed to transfer points to brother in same household
Chase calls this Combining, not Transferring. You can combine points with one, and only one, member of the same household. The transactions are instantaneous. See the Wikipost at the top of thread for details -and- for a link to a thread which discusses technical problems.
RNE likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:28 pm

can this 'one member' change over time? 15 months ago, I combined points with wife and now I want to combine points with brother. Is that ok or is that one member a lifetime choice?

Thx
Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:18 pm
mia

The terms used to say that we could change the household member once per year. I don't see that language now, and if it's been 15 months you should be fine. Just delete her card from the Combine page, and try to add his.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 1:55 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by mia
The terms used to say that we could change the household member once per year. I don't see that language now, and if it's been 15 months you should be fine. Just delete her card from the Combine page, and try to add his.
With all due respect, "should be fine" seems unsupported. If it's not expressly permitted, couldn't Chase view this switch as a violation of its TOS? Couldn't that lead to a shutdown? Moreover, what's your basis for suggesting 15 months is pertinent?

RNE, not thinking it's fine.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:03 pm
mia

Originally Posted by RNE
If it's not expressly permitted,
It is. Look at the Combine points dialog and see for yourself.

Originally Posted by mia
The terms used to say that we could change the household member once per year.....
Originally Posted by RNE
... Moreover, what's your basis for suggesting 15 months is pertinent?
There are only 12 months in a year.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:13 pm
RNE

Then I don't understand your "used to say" proviso.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:03 am
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
Apologies if this has been answered already, although I could not find it.

I have had an Ink Plus Business card for sometime now. I have an online chase account for my business cards.
I have just applied for the personal Freedom unlimited. I have an online chase account for my personal card (Marriott) to which this new card has been added.

My question is:
How do I "connect" my new CFU personal card to my Chase Ink plus business card so that I may transfer UR points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.