Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Chase allows points earned with different cards, or by members of the same household, or owners of the same business, to combine points in one Ultimate Rewards account.

These are the rules for personal cards:

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household.

Go to chase.com/ultimaterewards, call the number on the back of your card or visit a Chase branch to move your points.

You can't move points to another eligible card if either account is prohibited from earning or using points at the time you attempt to move the points.

These are the rules for business cards. (All INK cards are business cards.)

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you, one member of your household, or your joint business owner, as applicable. If we suspect that you've engaged in fraudulent activity related to your credit card account or Ultimate Rewards, or that you've misused Ultimate Rewards in any way (for example by buying or selling points, moving or transferring points with or to an ineligible third party or account, or repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards) we may temporarily prohibit you from earning points or using points you've already earned. If we believe you've engaged in any of these acts, we'll close your credit card account and you'll lose all your points.

Q: Ok, so I won't be violating any of the above rules. How do I combine or transfer my points?

A: Log in to your Chase Ultimate Rewards account. Click your point balance to reveal a drop down menu. Choose Combine points. You can then choose to move your points between your own credit card UR accounts, or "Add a Household Member" to transfer points to.

If you are experiencing technical problems combining points, please see Problems Combining UR points between accounts.

Combining is not the same as transferring. The rules for transferring to an airline or hotel program are subtly different. Those rules and procedures are discussed in another thread:

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts
Print Wikipost

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by sfsouthbay
Downgrading the card to a Freedom card - I have one already - but didn't I just read that with a Freedom card you can't transfer points to an airline or hotel program?

I posted in another thread re: my CSR and Freedom Card, as my CSR annual fee is coming up, and I probably won't be able to get more than the $300 travel credit back, which I will net paying $150 for the card for next year, and am wondering what's the best way to go about it. Basically all I want to do is to retain the ability to transfer points to an airline/hotel program.

Thank you.
You have to hold a Chase UR card that charges an annual fee to be able to transfer pts to airlines/hotels. So that would be CSP, CSR or Chase Ink Bus. Preferred.
See this thread too: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...2017-a-11.html
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
You have to hold a Chase UR card that charges an annual fee to be able to transfer pts to airlines/hotels. So that would be CSP, CSR or Chase Ink Bus. Preferred.
See this thread too: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...2017-a-11.html
Or a legacy Ink Plus, etc.

Another (arguably better) resource: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...tc-2017-a.html
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K3M, Marriott(SPG) Lifetime Plat
Thank you both! I will have a lot of reading to do - I still have almost two months to go, so will read through everything and then decide what to do...
Old Nov 12, 2017, 6:08 pm

Want to make sure before I cancel CSP...

I have: CSP, Ink cash, AU on husband's Freedom Unlimited, and now AU on husband's CSR.
Husband has: Ink cash, Freedom Unlimited, CSR.

I don't need to pay $95 for my CSP since I now use his CSR. But before I cancel it I want to make SURE I will be able to transfer any points I earn (basically from the Ink cash at this point) to his CSR. Currently I have it linked and I can. That won't go away if I get rid of my CSP, correct?

Thanks!
Old Nov 12, 2017, 6:14 pm

Downgrade CSP

Originally Posted by aphoward13
Just did this recently, and they had no problem downgrading my CSP to another Freedom (my 3rd one).
Thinking about downgrading my CSP to Freedom.

Pros:
Keep card history (length) intact, helps credit score
Get the new card without a hit to credit report
Would it count against 5/24?

Cons:
No $150 signup bonus

Correct? Any other pros/cons?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by qofmiwok
Thinking about downgrading my CSP to Freedom.

Pros:
Keep card history (length) intact, helps credit score
Get the new card without a hit to credit report
Would it count against 5/24?

Cons:
No $150 signup bonus

Correct? Any other pros/cons?
Everything's correct. The Freedom would NOT be considered a new account for 5/24 purposes, so no effect there.

Minor side bonus: If you've spent any $ at Walmart or Dept Stores since October 1 with your CSP, you'll get 5x UR retroactively when you activate your new Freedom before mid-December.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:30 pm

Thanks pallhedge. Can you confirm I will be able to transfer points to my AU CSR, if that is my only annual fee card?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by qofmiwok
... points to my AU CSR,...?
Authorized Users do not have their own Ultimate Rewards accounts. If the primary cardholder on the CSR account is a member of your household you should be able to Combine your points.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:31 pm

Thanks. Chase customer service also said that is the case. So I will change my CSP to a Freedom.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:23 am

Question combining UR for Business Ink and Reserve

How do I combine the UR for my Business Ink with my Reserve accounts?
I've messaged Chase and they tell me that I need to call them to do this. When I call they say it can't be done because one is a business account and one is a consumer account.

Or...should I even do this?

I was just thinking it would be easier to have the points in one account.

Thanks.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:35 am

There should be an option when you click "Combine Points" to add another card/user.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:01 am

There isn't. Chase told me I had to set up another username and password for my Business Ink.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by iowa guy
There isn't. Chase told me I had to set up another username and password for my Business Ink.
Call Chase and tell them you want to combine your log-ins for your business account and your personal account (that may require you to set up the business account log-in first.) Then everything will be under one log-in and you can combine points between accounts relatively easily. Many, many people have done this, including me, so it is possible.

Note: there are some minor disadvantages to doing this which you can find using the search function.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by iowa guy
There isn't. .
You may not be looking in the right place. Combining is not the same as Transferring. Start by logging in to one of your Ultimate Rewards accounts, click the account balance in the upper right, and choose Combine Points.

Last edited by mia; Dec 18, 2017 at 11:55 am
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:44 am

You can do this in the branch, but you might not want to. If you want to do Chase Pay, you will want to keep it separate because you can't have business accounts doing this. I'm debating sistering mine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.