Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Chase allows points earned with different cards, or by members of the same household, or owners of the same business, to combine points in one Ultimate Rewards account.

These are the rules for personal cards:

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household.

Go to chase.com/ultimaterewards, call the number on the back of your card or visit a Chase branch to move your points.

You can't move points to another eligible card if either account is prohibited from earning or using points at the time you attempt to move the points.

These are the rules for business cards. (All INK cards are business cards.)

Combine points with other Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you, one member of your household, or your joint business owner, as applicable. If we suspect that you've engaged in fraudulent activity related to your credit card account or Ultimate Rewards, or that you've misused Ultimate Rewards in any way (for example by buying or selling points, moving or transferring points with or to an ineligible third party or account, or repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards) we may temporarily prohibit you from earning points or using points you've already earned. If we believe you've engaged in any of these acts, we'll close your credit card account and you'll lose all your points.

Q: Ok, so I won't be violating any of the above rules. How do I combine or transfer my points?

A: Log in to your Chase Ultimate Rewards account. Click your point balance to reveal a drop down menu. Choose Combine points. You can then choose to move your points between your own credit card UR accounts, or "Add a Household Member" to transfer points to.

If you are experiencing technical problems combining points, please see Problems Combining UR points between accounts.

Combining is not the same as transferring. The rules for transferring to an airline or hotel program are subtly different. Those rules and procedures are discussed in another thread:

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts
Print Wikipost

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Should be fine
Chase just doesn't want you selling your points or doing some other unreasonable things with them
Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:31 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Read the rules in THIS post. These are the rules for transferring from a personal card. The rules for transferring from a business (INK) card are slightly different and strictly you ought not transfer to someone who is not an owner of the business.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Read the rules in THIS post. These are the rules for transferring from a personal card. The rules for transferring from a business (INK) card are slightly different and strictly you ought not transfer to someone who is not an owner of the business.
In the case of business cards, I first transfer the points to personal card X of the same person, and, from there, I transfer the points to a family member that is also an authorized user on the personal card X.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 6:52 pm

so, I guess this language is in the CSP terms, but didn't notice until reading the terms for the CSR.

Once you transfer points to an authorized user, that person will be the only authorized user eligible to receive point transfers through this program.
Does this mean that once you transfer points to an AU's Frequent Flyer Account, you can never transfer to another AU's account?
Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:36 pm

well in this situation i plan on transferring her points to me so the whole business points issue wont apply here. I just didnt know if she needed a UR card to transfer the points out.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 9:12 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
well in this situation i plan on transferring her points to me so the whole business points issue wont apply here. I just didnt know if she needed a UR card to transfer the points out.
No, she doesn't require a CSP to transfer the points to you. Just make sure you both have the same billing address or Chase may close one of both of your UR accounts.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 5:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Just to make sure I understand completely, this is a huge differentiator between Chase UR points and AmEx MR points, right? My understanding is that AmEx MR points can only be transferred directly to a spouse's linked travel accounts, and then only if s/he is a joint account holder on the card.

Whereas Chase UR points can be transferred to a spouse as long as s/he has a Chase card that also accrues UR points.

Have I got it right?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by ual902
I just transferred points from my mom to my dad UR points and got this message warning see below, does this mean any member in the household can combine UR points even a brother to a sister or son to a daughter? I thought it was only spouse to spouse transfers allowed? were the rules changed?!!!.
My understanding is that they really do mean household and not family; i.e., both parties have to reside at the same address. So you could combine/transfer points with a child or sibling living with you, but you are not permitted to transfer to others outside your household just because you happen to be related.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
My understanding is that they really do mean household and not family; i.e., both parties have to reside at the same address. So you could combine/transfer points with a child or sibling living with you, but you are not permitted to transfer to others outside your household just because you happen to be related.
Yes, it's pretty clear in the wiki. And you can only transfer to ONE family member.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 12:01 pm

If my wife gets CSR, (I already got denied for being over 5/24) will I be able to transfer over my Ink+ points to her? She does have an AU card on my Ink+ account, if that matters. Thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt, Alaska, American, United
Transferring Freedom Points to Husband's CSP

I currently have the CSP and Freedom. $95 AF on the CSP was assessed 8/1. I've had the card for 2 years. DH has a CSP. Currently, I am transferring the Freedom points to my CSP. I have also successfully transferred Freedom points to DH's CSP account.

Now if I downgrade my CSP to Freedom Unlimited, I will no longer have a card to transfer those points to, so would have to transfer to DH's CSP. I can currently make that transfer online. But will I be able to do that once I close out my CSP?

I would like to open a Chase Sapphire Reserve (currently at 4/24 so should be ok), but want to put it off because I would like to refi our mortgage in the next couple of months and don't want a "new" card to show up on the credit report.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:50 pm
mia

Originally Posted by pashber
... if I downgrade my CSP to Freedom Unlimited, I will no longer have a card to transfer those points to, so would have to transfer to DH's CSP. I can currently make that transfer online. But will I be able to do that once I close out my CSP?
Yes, or you could just transfer them now. I consolidate points from all of our cards to Ms mia's Sapphire Preferred account every month.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I consolidate points from all of our cards to Ms mia's Sapphire Preferred account every month.
Any particular reason why.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:44 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Troopers
Any particular reason why.
To know how many we have, and to insure they are readily available for transfer to an airline or hotel program.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:25 am

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
There's a correction required in the wiki (and I can't edit yet!):

If you are experiencing TECHNICAL problems combining points, please see THIS thread.
URL listed is:

Instead, should be:

Hope that helps someone...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.