Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Wait. No question. Wait.
I dont know about that. I waited for almost 2 weeks. Then I got tired of waiting and called. Apparently I had been denied already but did not receive the letter. Recon'd with the guy on the phone. He asked a handful of questions said he'd recommend approval. He send it off to secondary and it was approved a or two day later. It really wasnt difficult
Old Feb 19, 2017, 7:57 am

What is the likelihood that one gets told to wait in branch? If that happens, is the recon automatically handled in branch that moment?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by svirfnebli
I dont know about that. I waited for almost 2 weeks. Then I got tired of waiting and called. Apparently I had been denied already but did not receive the letter. Recon'd with the guy on the phone. He asked a handful of questions said he'd recommend approval. He send it off to secondary and it was approved a or two day later. It really wasnt difficult
I'll probably call recon on Tuesday just for the hell of it then.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:48 pm

Hi there,

I asked this question on Reddit today and didn't have any luck. Is there anyway to see what a purchase has coded as before paying the statement and receiving the UR points with an Ink+?

Thanks!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thoughtsfromacube
I asked this question on Reddit today and didn't have any luck. Is there anyway to see what a purchase has coded as before paying the statement and receiving the UR points with an Ink+?
Yep - if you go into the Ultimate Rewards account linked to the card, there should be a link to "review more activity" toward the bottom right of the screen and it will show all your recent transactions and the UR points earned. This is the same functionality across all UR earning cards, BTW.

On a side note - my AF just posted on my Ink+ and I called in to try to get it waived. No dice, only offered a downgrade to Ink Cash. Took it.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:57 am

American Airlines Panasonic based wifi internet does not earn 5x.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck

On a side note - my AF just posted on my Ink+ and I called in to try to get it waived. No dice, only offered a downgrade to Ink Cash. Took it.
What if one has the Ink Preferred AND Ink Cash? Long term I can see myself sticking with the Ink Cash bc of the 5x. So, what do i do with the Ink preferred since downgrading only gets me to Cash and I already have that.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gumercindo
What if one has the Ink Preferred AND Ink Cash? Long term I can see myself sticking with the Ink Cash bc of the 5x. So, what do i do with the Ink preferred since downgrading only gets me to Cash and I already have that.

Ink Cash is only 5x on the first $50,000 you spend. If you want, or can, spend $100,000, then downgrade to Ink Cash so you have 2 cards.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by Terminator8
Ink Cash is only 5x on the first $50,000 you spend. If you want, or can, spend $100,000, then downgrade to Ink Cash so you have 2 cards.
Cash is 5x on first $25k (in certain areas), not $50k. You might be thinking of the Ink Plus?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA
Originally Posted by Terminator8
Just got Ink Preferred for 80k bonus even though I'm at about 30/24.

Back in August last year, opened a business checking with a separate EIN for the $500 bonus. Went in to branch yesterday and had a preapproval for the preferred. Instant easy painless approval.

Thanks Chase!
Will a regular banker see preapproval for business cards or do you need to ask a business banker?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yztim
Will a regular banker see preapproval for business cards or do you need to ask a business banker?
I just had a regular banker but I gave them my business debit card to search
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I have the new Chase Ink Business Plus Card with 5x Bonus on Internet, Cable, Phone and Office Supplies.

I also have recevied the new Ink Business Preferred Card for which I am waiting to hit the spend targets to receive my spend bonus.

In the long term I see no need to keep the Preferred card as the reward bonus is pretty poor compared to the Ink Plus.

I see no reason to keep it.

Is there any reasons why the preferred would be favourable to keep?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:25 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by navatwal
Is there any reasons why the preferred would be favourable to keep?
The bonus categories of INK Plus overlap with INK Cash. The INK Preferred categories are different. Depending on your spending mix and volume you might downgrade Plus to Cash. What you do with INK Preferred would depend on your spending mix, and on which personal UR cards you hold.

The other variable is that Chase could alter the bonus structure on INK Plus and Cash. Nothing is guaranteed.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:08 pm

No point in giving up the Plus, imo. For me, Plus far outweighs Cash because of the max allowable 5X spend ($50k>$25k). Besides, they no longer offer the Plus.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:05 pm

Is there anyway to actually get an Ink card without actually running a business? I want to join in on the powerful combination of CSR and an Ink card with 5x points on office purchases :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.