Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2016, 11:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by svirfnebli
Hey all, applied online for ink business preferred about 3 weeks ago on 12/9. I applied using a legitimate business and my SSN. When I submitted the application is said that my application needed further review, but did not provide a date or a timeline. It just said it needed further review. I wish I had screen capped the message. It's been almost 3 weeks and i've heard nothing. no emails, no phone calls, no letters. I've read I shouldn't call, but this is getting ridiculous. Should I call?

For reference I'm 3/24 (4/24 if they accept this application) and was just approved for the Ritz card on 12/1/16. I have 2 premium cards with chase (united club card and Ritz).

How should I proceed?
Have you called the status check number in the wiki? I'd call that first then post "status" message here for more advice.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 11:36 am

... I applied using a legitimate business and my SSN. When I submitted the application is said that my application needed further review... I've read I shouldn't call, but this is getting ridiculous. Should I call?

For reference I'm 3/24...

How should I proceed?
I think you're an exception to the "don't call" advice.

If you're 3/24, you're not a churner. They were making recon calls exceptionally painful for churners -- I know, I went through one... legitimate business, high income, good credit scores, but I'm ~17/24. I spent 30+ minutes on a recon call for the SW Biz Visa, going over company financials and personal income, etc., only to be denied at the end of the call because I'd opened too many accounts. I won't be bothering with any Chase recon calls in the future.

In your case, legit business and only 3/24... I'd call.

My experience with Chase apps is that when they deny, they do it quickly (for all 3 of my Chase denials, I had a physical denial letter within a week), so I have hope for you.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
S/he only needs it call if the status line says 7-10 days.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 6:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
OK I miscounted cards from my credit report, thought I had 4 in 24 months but there was another one back in 7/2015, so I'm exactly at 5 for the Ink Preferred app, which they declined just on the phone after pulling my credit report (actually had a credit freeze).

So anyone have any success reapplying after initial 5/24 rejection? Other than wait out the 24 month period that is, which would be in July.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 7:13 pm

Programs: United
So I called today and they said that I had been declined but that there was no reason. They transferred me to someone and asked me a bunch of questions about my business, and personal credit then put me on hold for 10 minutes. The guy said that he had to transfer it to a "Senior credit analyst" for review that could take up to 2 weeks but that he was recommending it for approval.

Looks like they auto denied me because I had applied and got my ritz card a week prior to applying

Originally Posted by ajc1970
I think you're an exception to the "don't call" advice.

If you're 3/24, you're not a churner. They were making recon calls exceptionally painful for churners -- I know, I went through one... legitimate business, high income, good credit scores, but I'm ~17/24. I spent 30+ minutes on a recon call for the SW Biz Visa, going over company financials and personal income, etc., only to be denied at the end of the call because I'd opened too many accounts. I won't be bothering with any Chase recon calls in the future.

In your case, legit business and only 3/24... I'd call.

My experience with Chase apps is that when they deny, they do it quickly (for all 3 of my Chase denials, I had a physical denial letter within a week), so I have hope for you.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Chase Ink Plus 5x question

Hi,

my small business spends a lot at Staples and Office Max. Up to the December statement, we had spent the maximum allowed 50k for 5x at office supply stores, plus 6k more for the statement closing on January 5th. However, no bonus category point has been assigned for that month, although the statement closed in 2017. Is that correct? Since it's a 2017 statement shouldn't the points have been awarded anyways?

thanks
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:26 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by oneworld82
...t's a 2017 statement shouldn't the points have been awarded anyways?
I believe INK cards calculate the limits on an anniversary year basis. When is your card anniversary?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mia
I believe INK cards calculate the limits on an anniversary year basis. When is your card anniversary?
I think February 2015?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:23 pm

Cool Over 5/24 but got approved for the Chase Ink Preferred

Data point:

I'm at 5/24 until 02/15/17 and I just got approved for a Chase Ink Preferred card after I applied in branch. I wasn't pre-approved in branch - the banker said I'd have to wait and see, and a week later I got an email from Chase saying I was approved.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:40 am

So I called today and they said that I had been declined but that there was no reason. They transferred me to someone and asked me a bunch of questions about my business, and personal credit then put me on hold for 10 minutes. The guy said that he had to transfer it to a "Senior credit analyst" for review that could take up to 2 weeks but that he was recommending it for approval.

Looks like they auto denied me because I had applied and got my ritz card a week prior to applying
Usually you're good to go if you're recommended to a senior analyst for an approval. I was approved for an ink plus after being grilled for my business, and they told me they have recommended me for an approval to a senior analyst with a credit limit of 5k. I was approved a week later.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:48 am

Anyone have a DP for applying for the Ink Preferred card with an RSVP code addressed my father's business? The mailer just says:

"Business Owner"
father's business name
address
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Are you a co-owner on the business? Seems like you can use the mailer just fine in that case. Of course, subject to credit etc.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:53 pm

Applied for my wife (5th/24) and got a message to call and discuss the application during business hours, no pending or denial. Should I wait or call?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by ashishsg
Applied for my wife (5th/24) and got a message to call and discuss the application during business hours, no pending or denial. Should I wait or call?
Please keep us posted. I am at 5/24 and would like to apply for this card. Thanks.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Business owner here, CPC, high spending chase client, and A+ credit. Was denied applying online and at the branch. Recon line blamed 5/24, business banker couldn't over ride either.

I actually have an legitimate use for the card and the 80k pts isn't much of an concern for me.

Sadly Churners ruined it for actual spenders.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.