Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by eSurfer
I've seen a lot of data points in this thread.
Me, too.

Maybe we should change the title to "The Data Points Thread" as it's now mostly people's application blog entries and not information about Ink cards.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
FYI, do you know the fax #

No i do not. You will have to call them and ask for the fax #. Sorry for the late response.

OT question....Is there is way of knowing if someone replied to one's post here in FT?
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by m41list
No, you can see the details.
When you logged in your online account, click on "Go to Ultimate Rewards".
Then, on that page, click on the "See More Activity" button on the right.
Bonus details are displayed on the list.
Thank you! This worked as described for me - took me a minute to see the "See More Activity" button hiding in plain sight.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by spidy1
No i do not. You will have to call them and ask for the fax #. Sorry for the late response.

OT question....Is there is way of knowing if someone replied to one's post here in FT?
I don't think so unfortunately. Would be a nice feature if you were alerted when someone quoted a post of yours
Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
I don't think so unfortunately. Would be a nice feature if you were alerted when someone quoted a post of yours
Agree. Of all the forums that i visit I think this is the only forum that i know where you can never know when someone quoted you or not. I am sure someone by now would have made that suggestion to the mods.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 3:12 pm

Data Point:

Credit cards last 24 months:
4/28/15 - SW Personal opened - $18k limit
3/20/16 - Instant approval for SW Business $18k limit

3/30/16 In the below order
1. Applied for Ink Plus, "Under Review, will let you know in 30 days"
2. Starwood SPG Business, "Approved"
3. Starwood SPG Personal, "Under Review"
4. CSP "Under Review, will let you know in 30 days"

Wanted to take advantage of the SPG offer ending and was hoping to jam through the Chase apps before hitting 5/24.

3/31/16 - Lowered SW Personal to $2,000 Credit

4/4/16 - Received denial from Chase on Ink Plus
4/5/16 - Called Recon. Too many Chase apps in short period of time.
CSR:You were recently approved for SW Business and CSP.
Me: No I wasn't, only SW Business.
CSR: Oh, well you were approved for CSP yesterday and that factored into the decision.
Me: I applied for the CSP BEFORE the Ink Plus and you arbitrarily approved the CSP ahead of it?
CSR: Yep, nothing we can do. Try again soon.

Hoping I can squeeze in the Ink Plus before the SPG cards hit my report since I have a lot of spend in the 5X categories but if not I'll have my wife apply.

Then have her upgrade her CF to CFU.

Looks I'll be 5/24'd and heading to the AmEx forum soon, haha
Old Apr 7, 2016, 5:31 pm

OMG, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
Those helpful comments in this thread drove me to apply Chase Ink+ before it is under 5/24 law. I pulled the trigger for Ink+ and United (50k miles offer) to combine hard pulls on 4/5. Both went to pending for review with 2 weeks message.

In next day morning, I called the automated status line and heard that I was approved for United. Ink+ was still pending.

A few minutes ago, I logged in my Chase personal account and saw a banner of "INK+, rate and review your card". What the hell was that? I immediately called the automated status line and I've been approved. 5k credit line for both card. No complain. Chase makes my day

Note that I've been approved for Ink+ only 2 days after applying. Super quick
Old Apr 7, 2016, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by hoxuantu
OMG, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
Those helpful comments in this thread drove me to apply Chase Ink+ before it is under 5/24 law. I pulled the trigger for Ink+ and United (50k miles offer) to combine hard pulls on 4/5. Both went to pending for review with 2 weeks message.
which credit bureau did it pull on? I applied for an Ink+ on sat, im still waiting to figure out which bureau it hit...
Old Apr 7, 2016, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by BuBu4
which credit bureau did it pull on? I applied for an Ink+ on sat, im still waiting to figure out which bureau it hit...
They're EX and EQ.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
It has been a while since I applied for a personal card from Chase, and my recent Ink Cash is my first Chase business card. Does anyone have a rough idea how long it will take to get my new card? In my recent experiences with American Express, I had my new cards in hand by the second business day (one time I received it the next day without even having to ask). For my Ink Plus, the automated line said I was approved already on April 4 (it could have been approved sooner, but I hadn't checked the status since March 29). I didn't even receive the email from Chase saying I had been approved until yesterday (April 6). It seems like with the technology that exists, the email confirmation should have gone out the day I was approved, not two days later. So, it seems like Chase is just very slow at doing things, and it is noticeably slower than American Express.

TL;DR Does anybody have a rough estimate of how long it takes after the automated line says you are confirmed to get the Chase Ink Cash delivered to your mailing address?
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Finagler
TL;DR Does anybody have a rough estimate of how long it takes after the automated line says you are confirmed to get the Chase Ink Cash delivered to your mailing address?
Call in and ask them expedite your card... :] They will UPS next day air it to you...
Old Apr 7, 2016, 7:06 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
Call in and ask them expedite your card... :] They will UPS next day air it to you...
I just called Chase. The CSR said my card was approved two days ago (April 5), which is inconsistent with the automated line already stating I was approved on April 4. Now this is where it gets really interesting. I asked the CSR whether my card has been shipped yet. He said my account has not been created yet, so my card has not shipped yet. I then asked him if I could get the card expedited to me. He said that, since no account has been created yet, he cannot have the card expedited to me. I then asked him when I can expect to receive the card. He told me I should have it in three to five business days. I then finished up by asking if that is three to five business days from April 5 or three to five business days from today. He said it should be three to five business days from April 5. So, according to this CSR, my card was approved on April 5, but my account has not been created yet, and my card has not been shipped yet. But, even though my account has not been created yet and the card has not shipped yet, I could theoretically receive it anywhere from tomorrow to Tuesday. Really? Can Chase actually "create" my account and print up my card by tomorrow morning, so that it can theoretically be delivered by tomorrow afternoon? Something does not sound right about the CSR's "three to five days" from April 5 explanation.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:13 pm

I requested via Online Secure Message.
Results: Chase Ink+ : They will expedite it in 1-2 business days .
Chase United : They refuse to expedite it, will send via snail mail in 10 business days
Old Apr 9, 2016, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by dukerau
Why are you angry? That's part of the offer, and is made clear here and on the Chase website. You're getting a sign up bonus worth $600 in cash or much more in travel. Just pay the $95.
Originally Posted by dreamheartviolet
Never said I was angry. Those were 3 sad faces in case you can't tell. Sad because I've heard stories of people who have had that fee waived.
@dreamheartviolet, Your initial thread post title had this " Fee not waived" I am sure this is called a mad face
Old Apr 12, 2016, 9:22 am

If on a recon call the CSR points to we already completed a review and escalated to a senior analyst, so we are upholding our decision.. do I have any hope to recon again?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.