Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Denial

Here is my data point:

Applied on 2/25 for both Marriott personal and Ink business. Ink application was preapproved solicited mailing. Marriott was instantly approved and with Ink got 7-10 day message. Followed the recent advice here on FT to not call for business recon.

Today received Ink denial letter stating: “Too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us”.

The agency used for evaluation – TU.

I had about 15 cards opened across all banks within last 24 months, but currently only have 2 Chase cards including recently approved Marriott. My TU report only has 5 inquiries including the one on 2/25 (looks like both 2/25 pulls were combined). I had no others inquires within last 6 months.

Based on all the data points it appears that 5/24 rule is in fact in effect for Ink card unless they consider 5 hard pulls within last 24 months as too many.

Has anyone had success calling recon after the denial letter?

Last edited by Kpoxa; Mar 21, 2016 at 3:00 pm
Old Mar 21, 2016, 9:31 pm

Applied 3/8 for ink plus and united business explorer. Had been 6 months since last app, but many before that. Definitely above the 5/24 amount. Already had 2 inks as sole prop. Applied for both cards with legitimate business using ein. Approved today for both without calling in.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Kpoxa
Based on all the data points it appears that 5/24 rule is in fact in effect for Ink card
I very much doubt that, and not just because we'd have heard a lot more about other denials since you applied a month ago.

Originally Posted by sound48
Applied 3/8 for ink plus and united business explorer. Had been 6 months since last app, but many before that. Definitely above the 5/24 amount. Already had 2 inks as sole prop. Applied for both cards with legitimate business using ein. Approved today for both without calling in.
I rest my case.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 10:05 am

Rather obscure but I figured I'd post it incase it's helpful to someone: the Newsgroup provider Astraweb counted as 5x when I paid through PayPal.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
You could never transfer personal credit to business credit and vice versa. This isn't just a Chase thing but all banks do this.
Maybe it was a fluke but I transferred credit from personal to Ink when I applied for the Ink Plus in 2014. I applied, got the pending status, called recon and they told me I had too much outstanding credit to open a new account and they let me transfer some from a CSP and a Freedom to get the card approved.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 11:07 am

any info on Ringplus not counting towards 5x? Wiki says so but I can't find source or further info on it.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 1:26 pm

new datapoint

Originally Posted by emes001

2/22 - Applied and went to pending
2/28 - Automated line says 2 weeks
3/10 - Automated line says 7-10 days

New datapoint:

I previously applied for this card around 1/10/16 and got denied. Waited 31 days from denial letter prior to applying again (2/22). Got denial letter with "Too many credit accounts have been opened recently; not enough time has passed since your last account with us was opened; too many recent requests for credit." last week (dated 3/10).

Called recon last Friday at 9pm ET (letter says they're open until 10pm ET). Got an automated message saying they're closed. Called general line and spoke with a CSR. Turns out their workload has significantly increased recently, so they are closing around 5pm ET for the next few weeks. The CSR also recommended calling on Tues/Wed, as they are slower on those days.

Called today to biz recon line. The lady on the phone was super nice and asked me a few general questions (annual income, address, how long I've lived there, gross business income for 2015, projected business income for 2016) and put me on hold quite a few times during the process. Asked if I'd be willing to move some credit around (had a UMPX card opened in 11/15 that originally had a 21K limit that I reduced to 10K in 1/16), which I said OK. Put me on hold again, and came back with an approval of 45K CL. Never had to go to a senior lender for review.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin America Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by emes001
New datapoint:

I previously applied for this card around 1/10/16 and got denied. Waited 31 days from denial letter prior to applying again (2/22). Got denial letter with "Too many credit accounts have been opened recently; not enough time has passed since your last account with us was opened; too many recent requests for credit." last week (dated 3/10).

Called recon last Friday at 9pm ET (letter says they're open until 10pm ET). Got an automated message saying they're closed. Called general line and spoke with a CSR. Turns out their workload has significantly increased recently, so they are closing around 5pm ET for the next few weeks. The CSR also recommended calling on Tues/Wed, as they are slower on those days.

Called today to biz recon line. The lady on the phone was super nice and asked me a few general questions (annual income, address, how long I've lived there, gross business income for 2015, projected business income for 2016) and put me on hold quite a few times during the process. Asked if I'd be willing to move some credit around (had a UMPX card opened in 11/15 that originally had a 21K limit that I reduced to 10K in 1/16), which I said OK. Put me on hold again, and came back with an approval of 45K CL. Never had to go to a senior lender for review.
She asked if you were willing to move limits around and instead gave you a limit of $45K? Seems strange
Old Mar 22, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin America Elevate Gold
Here is my data point:

Based on all the data points it appears that 5/24 rule is in fact in effect for Ink card unless they consider 5 hard pulls within last 24 months as too many.

5/24 definitely is not in effect for their business cards. At least not yet.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 4:29 pm

Applied Mar first, called and got two weeks msg. And got approved msg just 5 mins ago with 5k limit.(way too much above 5/24) Could I move personal credit line to buz card?
Old Mar 22, 2016, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by jayjayjay
Applied Mar first, called and got two weeks msg. And got approved msg just 5 mins ago with 5k limit.(way too much above 5/24) Could I move personal credit line to buz card?
They no longer allow credit reallocation from personal to business and vice versa
Old Mar 23, 2016, 5:53 am

Data point:
Backlog is over or Chase just loves me. Applied Sat 3/19, approved Mon 3/21. The lag time is what was making me hold off. The threat of 5/24 hitting business is what made me move. New business, virtually no sales, highest limit yet. 5th Chase card, first business card. Appx 12 cards in 24 months.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Irish80
They no longer allow credit reallocation from personal to business and vice versa
Incorrect. Just did this this past Friday in order to get the wife's Ink+ approved.

Also, as a datapoint, recon went swimmingly for both my and my wife's Ink+ - called before denial letters received (still in pending). Approved Friday (x2), asked to be transferred to CSR to request express mailing, received cards yesterday (Tuesday).

At the time of my application, I had exceeded the 5/24 rule.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 2:26 pm

Here is my data point:

Applied on 2/25 for both Marriott personal and Ink business. Ink application was preapproved solicited mailing. Marriott was instantly approved and with Ink got 7-10 day message. Followed the recent advice here on FT to not call for business recon.

Today received Ink denial letter stating: “Too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us”.

The agency used for evaluation – TU.

I had about 15 cards opened across all banks within last 24 months, but currently only have 2 Chase cards including recently approved Marriott. My TU report only has 5 inquiries including the one on 2/25 (looks like both 2/25 pulls were combined). I had no others inquires within last 6 months.

I recently had a similar situation. I applied for personal SWA Premiere and Plus cards in early Jan. and was instantly approved for both. On March 1, I applied for the CSP and on March 3 applied for the Ink Plus. I hadn't had any other applications or cards issued in the previous two years prior to my SWA VISA applications. I had to wait 3 weeks on the CSP to get approved and then just received the denial letter today on the Ink Plus citing “Too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us”. I called the reconsideration line this afternoon and the lady said that my Ink Plus application was denied because I had another application pending at the same time (She never mentioned my recently issued SWA cards). She took some additional information from me and after a few minutes on the line, said that she was recommending me for approval on the Ink Plus. I still have to get the final approval, but I was successful in getting the initial denial turned around.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by bullfrog23414
Incorrect. Just did this this past Friday in order to get the wife's Ink+ approved.

Also, as a datapoint, recon went swimmingly for both my and my wife's Ink+ - called before denial letters received (still in pending). Approved Friday (x2), asked to be transferred to CSR to request express mailing, received cards yesterday (Tuesday).

At the time of my application, I had exceeded the 5/24 rule.
Hmmm,good to know. I know other people that were told that they wouldnt do it. Guess it varies person to person.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.