Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2016, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by sooner16
what number are y'all using for the automated line?
I've seen as many as 5 or 6 floating around.

These three?

(800) 432-3117 – general application status line, automated
(800) 436-7927 – alternative general application status line, automated
(800) 955-9900 – general card services and application status, automated
888-338-2586
Old Mar 12, 2016, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by beefninja
Applied for the ink+ on 2/19. Got a message upon applying to call them immediately, and also received an e-mail telling me "30 days". Received the "2 weeks" message on the automated line every day through 3/6. On March 3/7, it switched to "30 days". Today (3/11), it noted I was approved. At no point did I call in, other than the automated status line.

Fairly short credit history: BoA Cash Rewards 10/13, 2x Store credit cards 3/14 and 6/14, CSP 5/15, IHG 1/16, and a AMEX PRG from 2/16 which wouldn't have yet shown up on the pull for the Ink+. Also have a 2.5 year banking relationship with Chase.
My recent experience is very similar to yours.... Applied for ink+ on 2/19. It said "2 weeks" up until a few days ago, when I noticed it said "30 days". Just checked today. Approved for $5,000 limit!!

Funny thing is that I first applied in January, but they denied me for "too many requests for credit at Chase" or something like that (I applied for the IHG card in the same day, but was instantly approved on that card something absurd like $14,000!). I called business reconsideration, got grilled... maybe 2 weeks after that, another denial. Had they just pulled my credit report again, I think they would have approved.... but the second time I called the biz recon #, they started adding more excuses than simply "2 credit apps in one day". Over the phone, the excuses were less than $5,000 revenue (I had claimed $4,800) and too much new credit, too many inquiries, etc. But the actual letter I received the second time didn't mention any of that.

Anyway... after that second, unsuccessful recon call (on 2/19), I immediately went to their website and applied again. I've got maybe 7 or 8 credit cards (and only 2 of them are older than one year; only 1 of those is @ 2 years exactly)... so I knew that I had to act fast if they really are going to limit Chase Ink apps this month. I actually applied with a completely different type of business, at revenue just over $5,000. APPROVED this time around with zero questions. So happy!!!
Old Mar 12, 2016, 8:53 am
Suspended

I'm sure this question has been asked but since I don't see it in Wiki going to ask again.

I have a Chase Ink + under my SSN as a sole proprietor.

I now have another business with an EIN. Can I apply again using the EIN and receive another bonus? The last Ink + bonus I received under my SSN was in early 2015.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 7:13 pm

I applied for the CSP and Ink Plus on 3/5. I got instant approved on the CSP(with added AU), but a 30 days pending on the Ink Plus.

I've not apply for any credit card in the past 5 years, I got my Chase Freedom in 2011. I received a letter today saying "too many requests for credit or opened account with us". What can I do to get this approved? Is it because I applied 2 cards in same day? please help me.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by shinotakux
I applied for the CSP and Ink Plus on 3/5. I got instant approved on the CSP(with added AU), but a 30 days pending on the Ink Plus.

I've not apply for any credit card in the past 5 years, I got my Chase Freedom in 2011. I received a letter today saying "too many requests for credit or opened account with us". What can I do to get this approved? Is it because I applied 2 cards in same day? please help me.
Applying for a personal and a business card on the same day will result in that happening. Usually you have to apply for 2 personal or 2 business cards in a day for it to successfully go through (assuming you aren't over 5/24 if u apply for a freedom or CSP). At this point your only choice is to call recon to try and get the ink approved, but be prepared for extensive questioning on your business. But since you say you are under 5/24, you should have a good chance, assuming you can answer questions regarding your business. As a data point, my friend also made the same mistake as you, he applied for chase ink and was declined for too many requests for credit. He was under 5/24, he called recon and got it approved.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 9:00 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by TMM1982
I'm sure this question has been asked but since I don't see it in Wiki going to ask again.
I have a Chase Ink + under my SSN as a sole proprietor.
I now have another business with an EIN. Can I apply again using the EIN and receive another bonus? The last Ink + bonus I received under my SSN was in early 2015.
Hopefully someone with direct experience will chime in. I'd say yes, barring other disqualifying factors, having 2 businesses should mean that you can get 2 ink cards.

My data points are all too old to be very relevant, and not exactly addressed to the EIN/SS. But, here ya go, maybe it will be helpful:

In my household, we have had Ink products for different businesses using the same SS. Our income taxes show 3 sources of income. Each source has verifiable income and has its own Ink card/s. We are married, filing jointly, with sole proprietor businesses that do not have EINs.

We have one business with 2 Inks under 2 SS - both cards still open
2 Inks for other businesses using the same 2 SS numbers
1 additional Ink for yet another business under one of the above SS numbers.
So, one SS had 3 Inks, the second SS had 2 Inks.
3 of the 5 cards are still open. They are all now Ink Plus cards. If I remember correctly, 3 started out life as Bold Cards, 2 as Plus cards.
The approvals used to be easier.... <sigh>
Old Mar 12, 2016, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by DoctorBuzz
My recent experience is very similar to yours.... Applied for ink+ on 2/19. It said "2 weeks" up until a few days ago, when I noticed it said "30 days". Just checked today. Approved for $5,000 limit!!

Funny thing is that I first applied in January, but they denied me for "too many requests for credit at Chase" or something like that (I applied for the IHG card in the same day, but was instantly approved on that card something absurd like $14,000!). I called business reconsideration, got grilled... maybe 2 weeks after that, another denial. Had they just pulled my credit report again, I think they would have approved.... but the second time I called the biz recon #, they started adding more excuses than simply "2 credit apps in one day". Over the phone, the excuses were less than $5,000 revenue (I had claimed $4,800) and too much new credit, too many inquiries, etc. But the actual letter I received the second time didn't mention any of that.

Anyway... after that second, unsuccessful recon call (on 2/19), I immediately went to their website and applied again. I've got maybe 7 or 8 credit cards (and only 2 of them are older than one year; only 1 of those is @ 2 years exactly)... so I knew that I had to act fast if they really are going to limit Chase Ink apps this month. I actually applied with a completely different type of business, at revenue just over $5,000. APPROVED this time around with zero questions. So happy!!!
Maybe I got lucky... I used exactly $5,000 in revenue.

Seems like in your situation (applying immediately after denied, then approved the second time after using more than $5,000) that the $5,000 level was fairly important also.

It might "tick a box" in terms of how Chase evaluates things internally.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 1:40 pm

If I am added as an AU on a Chase Ink Plus, will the account opened date be when the initial card was opened (~2009)?

I want to add myself as an AU, but also don't want to increase the number of TLs opened in the last 24 months in preparation for Chase's new 5/24 rule.

Thanks!
Old Mar 13, 2016, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by beefninja
Maybe I got lucky... I used exactly $5,000 in revenue.

Seems like in your situation (applying immediately after denied, then approved the second time after using more than $5,000) that the $5,000 level was fairly important also.

It might "tick a box" in terms of how Chase evaluates things internally.
I think it had more to do with the 1 personal, 1 business app in the same exact day, honestly. Several people have reported success with just $500 or even just $0 of revenue / profit.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 11:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by browe
Does anyone know exactly when the 5/24 rule will take effect for the Ink+? Everything I've read so far just says "March," with no specific date.

I've had more than 5 cards in the past 24 months, so I'm wondering if it's even worth applying for the Ink+ today (3/2).

Thank you!
Approval data point: Applied 3/3, Approved 3/8

I applied for the Ink+ on 3/3 and got the "further review, we'll notify you in writing in 10 days" screen. Two days later I called the automated status line and was told it could take 30 days. Received an approval email three days later. Card arrived in the mail shortly thereafter.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:31 am

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
Please forgive my ignorance, especially if there is a glaringly obvious answer that I am simply not seeing. But why doesn't Chase offer something similar to an Ink card for people without businesses? People like me still pay for cell phones, landlines, cable TV, internet, office supplies, etc. If it's profitable for Chase to offer 5% back to small businesses in these categories, wouldn't it make sense to make a similar offer to personal card users? Isn't the overall goal on their end to get people to spend as much money as possible, with the hopes that people eventually run up a balance and pay interest charges?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
The majority of my Chase Ink spend on my business card last year was unbonused at 1%. Because I wasn't concerned about maximizing points, I kept almost everything on that one card. Chase probably made a ton of money just on processing fees since we are talking about tens of thousands of dollars of legit business spend. I personally don't know anyone who would do that on their own dime.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Finagler
Please forgive my ignorance, especially if there is a glaringly obvious answer that I am simply not seeing. But why doesn't Chase offer something similar to an Ink card for people without businesses? People like me still pay for cell phones, landlines, cable TV, internet, office supplies, etc. If it's profitable for Chase to offer 5% back to small businesses in these categories, wouldn't it make sense to make a similar offer to personal card users? Isn't the overall goal on their end to get people to spend as much money as possible, with the hopes that people eventually run up a balance and pay interest charges?
because personal = guarantee uses of 5x category.

If every person had Ink, they would all be using it to pay cell, tele, net, etc bills. You can't say the same about biz. Likewise can be said about office expenses. You give Ink to everyone and everyone will buy gas, restaurant, movies, supermarket, etc giftcard from staples and of course there's the 200-300 VGC which is profitable to buyer even at a fee. Then there's 2x on gas that fits right in with CSP.

If someone has a legitimate biz and they're handing out biz card to employees then its likely that there is going to be ton ox 1x purchases as well.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:17 am

just thread through this entire thread - need some help on strategy

I applied for the SW plus and SW premier in February (11/24 and 12/24, 4th and 5th chase cards, respectively). I do have a legitimate consulting business (already $4k in revenue this year).

I am interested in the Chase Ink +, Chase Hyatt, and Chase IHG. Is there any way to swing all three or at least 2 of them? Note that I will also be applying for the AMEX SPG Personal, AMEX SPG Business, and possibly the (BOA Alaska, BOA Alaska Business). I am preparing a mini app-o-rama at the end of this month? #addicted haha

Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 8:42 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
Originally Posted by runb4fun
because personal = guarantee uses of 5x category.

If someone has a legitimate biz and they're handing out biz card to employees then its likely that there is going to be ton ox 1x purchases as well.
Thanks for the explanation. Now I understand. I don't know whether I should consider myself fortunate or unfortunate, but I have managed to live most of my life pretty much doing things with my own money and getting wholly reimbursed by entities when necessary. I guess my lifestyle has left me out of touch with how the "normal world" works. I need to keep that in mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.