Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Went in person today - person was nice but wanted me to verify my LLC/bring some extra information in just to help things along. Was really judgy with me after hearing I had 4 chase cards already.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 4:05 pm

30 days email --> approx 2 weeks --> 7-10 business days

Applied for the Ink +, got an automated email message, the automated line said 2 weeks, then suddenly switched to 7-10 business days.

Called the personal verification line, and they said my app needed additional verification, but couldn't transfer me since lending services was closed.

Should I call in? I would be calling Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep.

I read through the thread, but this case is slightly different, since I wasn't asked to call in / provided a reference number.

Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 23, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: OWE
Originally Posted by BritishUnited2014
Applied for the Ink +, got an automated email message, the automated line said 2 weeks, then suddenly switched to 7-10 business days.

Called the personal verification line, and they said my app needed additional verification, but couldn't transfer me since lending services was closed.

Should I call in? I would be calling Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep.

I read through the thread, but this case is slightly different, since I wasn't asked to call in / provided a reference number.

Thanks for your help!
same situation here. first the automated line said 2 weeks, then suddenly switched to 7-10 business days. i applied on 3/2, and waited until today to call the general ink+ line, 1-800-945-2028, and the rep told me that i was missing some address verification. he gave me the option to fax it (which would take longer, about 7-10 days to review, because of the volume i guess per day) or walk into a branch with the required documents (lease, phone bills (not cell phone), internet, utilities bills etc) which would take a few hours to be loaded into chase's system (really?? a few hours???) of course i walked into a branch with my internet bill, and my personal banker had no idea they can upload something into what they call "ivault" in chase lingo, which can be tied to your chase account number/ssn which is how they are able to pull it up at lending services dept.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 5:42 pm

As a baseline, I have 11 new cards in the past 12 months, 15 in the last 24.

I applied on 2/20 and got the need more time response. Within minutes I received an email stating they would get back to me in writing within 30 days.

About 4 days later I called the 800-432-3117 auto response line and got the 7-10 day message. On 3/7 I received mail asking for proof of address, tax ID, business name, etc. Sent that in immediately and then on 3/18 received mail stating what I sent in was not sufficient to verify. I sent in utility bills and 1099, really?

Called in to talk to them on 3/23 and they asked to verify the info I gave on my app and what I sent in with a few additionally questions. They told me I would hear within in two weeks. Today receive a congratulations email...success!

The 7-10 day message does not necessarily mean a denial. Per everyone's advice, when calling in I was extremely nice and appreciative. Not sure if that made a difference but the phone rep I was working with seemed like a really good guy and did not have an attitude as others have run into.

Last edited by New to FF; Mar 23, 2016 at 6:00 pm
Old Mar 23, 2016, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by BritishUnited2014

Thanks for your help!
Almost same situation for me, see my post above. I called in to lending services and got approved within a day. Do it
Old Mar 24, 2016, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Irish80
She asked if you were willing to move limits around and instead gave you a limit of $45K? Seems strange
I was very surprised too. I'm curious if it wasn't just a "we want to see how willing to you are to do this for us, before we give you something" type deal.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 7:19 pm

Programs: OWE
Originally Posted by staticx813
same situation here. first the automated line said 2 weeks, then suddenly switched to 7-10 business days. i applied on 3/2, and waited until today to call the general ink+ line, 1-800-945-2028, and the rep told me that i was missing some address verification. he gave me the option to fax it (which would take longer, about 7-10 days to review, because of the volume i guess per day) or walk into a branch with the required documents (lease, phone bills (not cell phone), internet, utilities bills etc) which would take a few hours to be loaded into chase's system (really?? a few hours???) of course i walked into a branch with my internet bill, and my personal banker had no idea they can upload something into what they call "ivault" in chase lingo, which can be tied to your chase account number/ssn which is how they are able to pull it up at lending services dept.
update: documents received by lending services, asked additional questions such as my "projection, current revenue, profit etc." rep said after looking at my application, it needs second review, which may take 7 days. called automated line 2 hours later, and it was approved with 5K limit.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:20 am

Here's an interesting data point:

Back in November I only had one card, Chase Freedom for 6 years. Credit score 780.

In late November applied and instantly approved for CSP, BA, and Amex Everyday Preferred.

Did reselling to meet minimum spend, bought inventory and travel bumped utilization to 50%. Averaged about $3k in monthly eBay sales since December from nothing before the new CCs. Credit score dropped to 640 because of the utilization rate and AGOA plummeting.

Applied for Ink 3/4, got pending message, 30 day message on the phone line.

Called in around the 11th, was asked about the nature of the business, how old (6 years), sales (projected $40k), expenses (90% COGS), why the need for the card (to separate expenses), etc. This gave me a chance to explain the need to buy inventory because of high demand, thus the need for the card and high utilization. Was told they would send it for second review and would get a response in the mail (either rejection or card) within the next 2 weeks.

Phone message changed from 30 days to approved on 3/17 and approval email received on 3/21, card received on 3/24 with $5k CL. I was shocked to get approved with my low score, but I'm thinking my explanation of inventory was enough for them.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Next Step

Hi Everyone, haven't been reading this thread and just applied for the Chase Ink card last Saturday. Got the two weeks message but on Monday changed to 7-10 business days Today received letter about too many requests and too many accounts opened with Chase (doesn't seem to be the related to 5/24).

Wonder if I should call into reconsideration today, or there are other things I should do to better my chances? I also have another personal application pending, which I submitted on same day after submitting the Ink Plus app.

Thanks for any tips and help. Good luck everyone!
Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:15 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by NttDocomo
Hi Everyone, haven't been reading this thread and just applied for the Chase Ink card last Saturday. Got the two weeks message but on Monday changed to 7-10 business days Today received letter about too many requests and too many accounts opened with Chase (doesn't seem to be the related to 5/24).

Wonder if I should call into reconsideration today, or there are other things I should do to better my chances? I also have another personal application pending, which I submitted on same day after submitting the Ink Plus app.

Thanks for any tips and help. Good luck everyone!
That's why there's a review, as you submitted two applications on the same day. I applied for both also on the same day. However, I got approved for the Chase Ink, and denied for the Chase BA. The reason was the "too many accounts." After calling in the reconsideration line, the analyst approved my application. She said that I was denied because of the two applications submitted on the same day.

Beat the clock. Whew.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tdoan89
Phone message changed from 30 days to approved on 3/17 and approval email received on 3/21, card received on 3/24 with $5k CL. I was shocked to get approved with my low score, but I'm thinking my explanation of inventory was enough for them.
I wish we had an easy way of tracking CLs. Chase gave me 30k CL on my Ink and my "business" is barely existent.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:59 am

When does the 10K referral post? At the time the card holder's 60K posts or at their 1st statement or another time?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by mileshound
When does the 10K referral post? At the time the card holder's 60K posts or at their 1st statement or another time?
My DW's bonus for referring someone posted on her second statement after the card was issued & used. The bonus is not dependent on the referred party earning the signup bonus, so the timing is likewise unrelated.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:54 am
Suspended

Does anyone have a definitive answer (yes/no) to the following question:

I received a Chase Ink + for a sole proprietorship in Jan 2015. If I apply for another Ink + for a different business with EIN, can I get the bonus again?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 8:09 am

Applied for a Chase Ink Plus card on 3/11 and went pending. For 3 days, the automated line told me 30 days. Then it went to 2 weeks, which got me hopeful, but only a day later, it became 7-10 business days. Eventually, I received the denial letter stating "Too many recent requests for credit or reviews of your credit; too many credit or loan accounts have been opened recently; insufficient business revenue." I have about 25 new cards opened in the past two years. Overall, I have 5 Chase personal cards and a Chase United Business.

Called in just today for reconsideration, but no luck. I was asked about total income to pay off debts, recent applications (Chase and others), business income and profits the past two years, projected income and profits this year (I have about $5K in sales and $2K in profits). After a 2 minute hold, she was unable to approve me. Main reason was: I have sufficient credit across all my credit lines (not just Chase). I did hear the magic "5" number, but it was more along the lines of "you've had more than five cards open in the past year." So while it was part of the consideration, it didn't seem like they denied me solely on the 5/24 rule. Oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.