Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2013, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasonz9238
My wife is having an issue after applying with the link on page1 and using this card. She applied in Jan and put around $500 on the card. After checking today and not seeing the 80k points come in, she called chase and was told that the terms was to spend $1,000 on the card to get the 80k points and NOT on 1st purchase. The time period to put the $1,000 on the card has passed as well.

We are pretty careful when applying (clearing cookies beforehand and clicking on the right link). Has anyone ran into this before? I'm not sure what to do at this point except for maybe calling or writing to the chase executive office
When there is no bonus posted after the 1st purchase, you should have known that it might not be after 1st purchase. At that point, a call or an SM to clarify the matter would be in order. Then you would have ample time to make remedy instead of now.

Unless you can provide Chase the image of a VALID offer page showing it is 80K after 1st purchase, otherwise, you are NOT entitled to that, and playing it strong would not help your cause. Without the image of the offer, writing to the Exec Office may not help at all.

I were you I would plead the case carefully worded, play the innocent and ignorant card.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Campath
So 80,000 points are not worth a 10 min call to you? Your hourly rate must be staggeringly high for you not to bother.
You're right. Do you happen to have the recon#? I already have 5 cards so I'll probably have to ask them to shift credit around if they budge.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 12:14 pm

My first post and I want to start by saying THANKS!!

Next, I want to offer a data point. Just applied using the very first link of the very first post "80k offer" - was instantly approved. I called the customer service number from the general Chase website and was able to be confirmed that I was indeed approved for the 80,000 point/$1kspend/103 days offer as described.

The offer page at the end of the link looked a little sketchy, but all the posts on this thread helped me feel confident in giving it a whirl. Hope this email helps someone else take advantage of the 80k v 60 k offer.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 7:03 am

How Long Does it Take for Chase Priority Club Visa points to post?

I made my first purchase on the Chase Priority Club card on 4/24, and I am approved for the 80K bonus. I am taking a vacation on June 22, and want to book a hotel with reward points in St. Petersburg (The Crowne Plaza at 30K points/night). Will my points post in time? The CSR said it would take between 6-8 weeks for the points to post, but my Hhonors points posted in about 2 weeks.

Should I just book a hotel with a card, or is it worth it to wait? Keep in mind this is "white nights" in St. Petersburg, so the Crowne Plaza is easily $550 per night, and if I don't book there I'll be in hostel.

Also, any experience on how long Platinum Elite takes a post with this card?

Thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2013, 7:08 am

How Long Does it Take for Chase Priority Club Visa points to post?

Typically after your statement close date.

Alextktan
Old Apr 29, 2013, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Chuckles
Just got my card yesterday (Apr 4) (applied thru the 80K link on post #1 last week). Called and confirmed it was 80K points after $1,000 spend in the first 3 months.
Statement closed over the weekend. Now have 80K+ points added to my Priority Club acct, and Plat status ^
Old Apr 29, 2013, 1:12 pm

Wife and I applied and approved for 80k offer today. Will take these along with us to Ireland/Scotland month long trip next month so no foreign transaction fees a huge plus! Thanks guys! I am a newbie to this activity, but within a few months I got 2 free flights to Tokyo (citi AA cards) and 4 free tickets to Orlando (chase SW RR cards) for our next two vacations! Amazing!
Old Apr 29, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
^
Originally Posted by focusmmuter
Wife and I applied and approved for 80k offer today. Will take these along with us to Ireland/Scotland month long trip next month so no foreign transaction fees a huge plus! Thanks guys! I am a newbie to this activity, but within a few months I got 2 free flights to Tokyo (citi AA cards) and 4 free tickets to Orlando (chase SW RR cards) for our next two vacations! Amazing!
Old Apr 29, 2013, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by NathanL104
I made my first purchase on the Chase Priority Club card on 4/24, and I am approved for the 80K bonus. I am taking a vacation on June 22, and want to book a hotel with reward points in St. Petersburg (The Crowne Plaza at 30K points/night). Will my points post in time?...
You say you made your first purchase, but this card has had a $1000 spend requirement for a little while now - so you'd better make sure you've met whatever your particular requirement is otherwise your 80k will never post.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:11 am

hi

I and my wife both planning to apply for this card so we can get more points. But can i add both cards point in to One Priority Club member account?
Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2013, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by myworld
hi

I and my wife both planning to apply for this card so we can get more points. But can i add both cards point in to One Priority Club member account?
Thanks
NO
Old Apr 30, 2013, 7:50 pm

As Chuckles said, no. But you don't really need to. You could use all 160,000 points on the same trip(s) if necessary. Let's say you found a hotel for 20k/night. You could get 4 nights and she could get 4 sequential nights. I'm sure the hotel would let you stay in the same room and not have to checkout/in.
Old May 2, 2013, 8:07 am

you guys think i could be approved for this card? i have a 780 + score but i have few chase cards ( freedome, sapphire, ink, explorer ).

my last two cards ( freedome and ink) I got in Feb and explorer + sapphire last Nov.
Old May 2, 2013, 2:29 pm

Just wanted to add another note about being approved for the 80K with $1K spend offer. Took several days after getting the first "approval" online before I received an approval email directly from Chase. Verified signup bonus when activating card.
Old May 2, 2013, 8:32 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Joe758
Just wanted to add another note about being approved for the 80K with $1K spend offer. Took several days after getting the first "approval" online before I received an approval email directly from Chase. Verified signup bonus when activating card.
Yep it did take a few days to get the e-mail. Have not received my CC yet to confirm the signup bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.