Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2013, 11:32 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by pm6163
do we still get Platinum status for having 80k points deposited? If apply and approve in June 2013, how long will the status last for?
Platinum comes with the card - so at least as long as you keep it open.
Old May 31, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA MM, HH Gold, SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by bj2757
Platinum comes with the card - so at least as long as you keep it open.
I do not intend to keep the card for a long time, once we acquire the Platinum status, we will still be good for that status for one or 2 years (depending on the time of year acquiring) even after the credit card account is closed.
Old May 31, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by pm6163
I do not intend to keep the card for a long time, once we acquire the Platinum status, we will still be good for that status for one or 2 years (depending on the time of year acquiring) even after the credit card account is closed.
I normally close cards before the first year is up - but decided to keep this one because of the free night that can be used at any hotel! Well worth the annual fee to me.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by bj2757
I normally close cards before the first year is up - but decided to keep this one because of the free night that can be used at any hotel! Well worth the annual fee to me.
I totally agree! I rarely use the card, but gladly pay the annual fee for the free night each year.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
I totally agree! I rarely use the card, but gladly pay the annual fee for the free night each year.
Same here! My free night just posted. My annual fee has not, but this card is my keeper card. The free night more than pays for itself.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 8:43 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
How long does it take the Platinum status to be updated in your account?
Do you need to earn 80K points first in order to get it?

Last edited by MVF Trekker; Jun 3, 2013 at 8:59 am
Old Jun 3, 2013, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
Is the 80K offer after the first use or after $1K spend?
If it's after $1K spend, the first post should be updated.
Not sure what you are referring to. The first post was updated to say $1000 spend. Look at the very first line. It starts with "Update..."
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by philemer
Not sure what you are referring to. The first post was updated to say $1000 spend. Look at the very first line. It starts with "Update..."
Sorry, I meant inside the quote listed below but I noticed what you said.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 6:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
this may have been asked, if i add hubby as a card holder, he does not get the points, correct? if not then I will get him his own card--this is a good deal
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by nlkm9
this may have been asked, if i add hubby as a card holder, he does not get the points, correct?
I can't think of a single card issuer--Chase, Citi, Amex, Barclays, US Bank, etc. ad nauseam--where an additional cardholder ever receives the signup bonus. (How would s/he? The credit card is always tied to the primary cardholder's FF/hotel account, so the issuer hasn't the foggiest idea whether the additional cardholder even has such a FF/hotel account, let alone what the account number is.)

In short: no.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 11:54 am

Datapoint:
I applied for PC card last night using the 1 link in 1 port. I was approved right away. But it only gave me $2K credit limit so i think this will not be a Visa Sig. card.

So does that make any difference in 80K bonus and ANNUAL FREE NIGHT E-CERTIFICATE?

Thanks
Old Jun 4, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by myworld
Datapoint:
I applied for PC card last night using the 1 link in 1 port. I was approved right away. But it only gave me $2K credit limit so i think this will not be a Visa Sig. card.

So does that make any difference in 80K bonus and ANNUAL FREE NIGHT E-CERTIFICATE?

Thanks
My wife also got just 2K limit on the card, it IS Visa Signature. 80K bonus posted a couple days after 1K spend statement closed.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
My wife also got just 2K limit on the card, it IS Visa Signature. 80K bonus posted a couple days after 1K spend statement closed.
Thanks for quick reply. I was under impression that you need minimum 5K limit in order for Visa Sig. card.
But if your wife has this card as Visa Sig. with 2K limit than it is nice to know new information.

Thanks
Old Jun 4, 2013, 6:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
ok, we just applied for hubby and he got the 60 K offer. Hmmm....
Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by myworld
Thanks for quick reply. I was under impression that you need minimum 5K limit in order for Visa Sig. card.
But if your wife has this card as Visa Sig. with 2K limit than it is nice to know new information.

Thanks
Sorry I guess I spoke too soon. I checked again and her card does not say Signature on it. But she did get the Platinum status and 80K points. I think she will get the free night as well, we never called to ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.