Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Jul 13, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
Anybody able to get 80k points for the ihg card? Or was it for the PC card only?
Old Jul 13, 2013, 7:39 pm

Used the front page link and confirmed today my wife and I both have the 80k deal ihg cards
Old Jul 13, 2013, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by mtbmtb01
Used the front page link and confirmed today my wife and I both have the 80k deal ihg cards
cool . Did you apply Today? How much you need to spend to get 80k($1000 in 3 months ? ) ?
Old Jul 14, 2013, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by nik22
cool . Did you apply Today? How much you need to spend to get 80k($1000 in 3 months ? ) ?
I applied about a week ago and the cards came in the mail yesterday. I called to activate and was told it was the 80k offer for $1000 in 3 months. I have had the card before and cancelled almost a year ago. still have to spend the money to see if I get the points or they pull the you had the card before and are not eligible for a second bonus.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 10:44 am

I applied about a week ago and the cards came in the mail yesterday..
Thank You!
Old Jul 14, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
My card was pending. I need to call in this Monday morning
Old Jul 14, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA PS, AA GLD, SPG GLD, PC PLT, CC GLD
Data point: applied for card in June, after a month just got the points!
Old Jul 14, 2013, 4:17 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
thanks, just applied for my SO, automatically approved. hope she can get the 80k

if i book a night through the friends and family page with this card, i know i don't get the comp upgrade for platinum elite but do i still get the 5x points?

Last edited by indelible; Jul 14, 2013 at 8:21 pm
Old Jul 14, 2013, 8:25 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I have had the card before and cancelled almost a year ago. still have to spend the money to see if I get the points or they pull the you had the card before and are not eligible for a second bonus.
Please report back with a follow up on this. May we assume you used the same PC (or IHG now) number?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:19 am

It looks to me like the evidence supports that the IHG credit card is considered to be the same product as the Priority Club one, and so those of us that signed up to the PC one before the change are unlikely to be able to apply (successfully) anew. Has anyone evidence to the contrary of this?
-Karl
Old Jul 17, 2013, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by LordByran
Data point: applied for card in June, after a month just got the points!
Did your rewards details happen to show in your chase account before your first statement closed? Just wondering, I entered my PC number when applied but shows no account details online in Chase. I did get approved just a few days before it became IHG, so maybe it's just flaky in the system.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by karlmitchell
It looks to me like the evidence supports that the IHG credit card is considered to be the same product as the Priority Club one, and so those of us that signed up to the PC one before the change are unlikely to be able to apply (successfully) anew. Has anyone evidence to the contrary of this?
-Karl
I have both cards and did receive the 80k points bonus with the new card a few months back. Two things that may have caused that to happen:
1 The old card was opened back in 1999 in my maiden name (obviously same ssn though)
2 I did not include my priority club number on the application and they assigned me a new number. Basically I now have 2 accounts but the old account has very few points so its not an issue for me. I've been using the new one going forward.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by gpapadop
churn this card? Any definite answers? How long before Chase will give you the signing bonus? Never? 3 years? 4 years? 5 years? Will the answer be different if you got a different PC number?
I canceled my first Chase Priority Club card (in 2011; had to: in order to get approved for a different Chase card), reapplied less than 18 months later, was approved, and got the sign-up bonus points again. But YMMV. (Used the same Priority Club member number.)

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
For those thinking about churning this card, my recommendation is to keep it...For $75/year, you can stay one night in any hotel in the IHG system. This is a keeper card.
I totally agree. No need to churn it; just keep it.

Originally Posted by guoguo914
Isn't it $49 a year?
It is.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by muji
I canceled my first Chase Priority Club card (in 2011; had to: in order to get approved for a different Chase card), reapplied less than 18 months later, was approved, and got the sign-up bonus points again. But YMMV. (Used the same Priority Club member number.)

I totally agree. No need to churn it; just keep it.

It is.
I'd rather churn it ( if possible) and rotate it in with my Marriott, Sheraton , Hilton churns

My goals may be different as I only want to get 7 -8 free nights a year in the Clearwater Beach area the first week of April every year. Staying one night at several different hotels would be a waste as I would spend half my vacation checking into and out of hotels, waiting for the room to be ready, etc

80K points for spending $1000 and no annual fee vs 1 free night ( that I have to use within one year) and paying $49 is an easy choice for me

I am going to pay the $49 this year but only because I have 3 nights booked for April and (Hopefully saying rewards are not solld out) can add a free 4th night

Last edited by flyer4512; Jul 18, 2013 at 6:41 pm
Old Jul 19, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
I agree that this card is a keeper. Me and the wife have been able to do week-long stays at some very nice Intercontinentals using a combination of 2 free night certs, 3 nights on points (mainly earned, some bought at a discount), and 2 nights cash. On average it saves us around 65% of the going rate for a week-long stay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.