Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Sep 2, 2013, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Bored_Russian

First one was closed around September '12.
For whatever reason, I was under the impression that your 2011 priority clipart was still open and that you were able to get free nights for both cards. Still, that's another 80,000 free points!
Old Sep 3, 2013, 4:10 am

I applied for this card by phone yesterday because I was using a link I was emailed and it had my old address, and I wasn't instantly approved. Does the fact that I applied on the phone affect my calling the reconsideration line, or is that a completely different department?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:27 pm

Smile 80,000 points card.

What is the link to get the 80,000 points ?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by jppfly
What is the link to get the 80,000 points ?
Welcome to Flyertalk. When first encountering a new thread like this one, it's valuable to read the first post (where such links can usually be found); and also the last couple of pages to get the gist of what is currently happening with the deal. So, the links are in post # 1 of this thread.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by teammjs
1. when do you meet the spend relative to your closing statement date?

2. when was the last time you applied for this card?

I fear you may be a victim of the Chase non-churn policy depending on #2.
1. About 5 days before the statement closing

2. The second card was actually under a family member's SSN so no worries here. I'm just trying to get the points into the account so i can get 2 extra free nights in boston next week!
Old Sep 5, 2013, 1:18 pm

Could someone confirm that you get to keep your points if you cancel the priority club card?
(I've had since March)

* I read the first post and last 7 pages to make sure it wasn't already addressed.

I will mention for anyone wondering. There is still not any solid evidence as to whether the new name makes the card a new product. - More than likely No bonus for applying again unless it's been a couple of years since you got the previous card.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by onthego15
Welcome to Flyertalk. When first encountering a new thread like this one, it's valuable to read the first post (where such links can usually be found); and also the last couple of pages to get the gist of what is currently happening with the deal. So, the links are in post # 1 of this thread.
However, much of the info in post #1 is outdated. (Certs can now be redeemed online, for example.) I've expanded the wiki to cover the basics.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by startbyservingothers
Could someone confirm that you get to keep your points if you cancel the priority club card?
(I've had since March)

* I read the first post and last 7 pages to make sure it wasn't already addressed.

I will mention for anyone wondering. There is still not any solid evidence as to whether the new name makes the card a new product. - More than likely No bonus for applying again unless it's been a couple of years since you got the previous card.
Yes, the points are in your IHG account..nothing to do with your credit card.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
However, much of the info in post #1 is outdated. (Certs can now be redeemed online, for example.) I've expanded the wiki to cover the basics.
Could you please explain that one to me?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by pkoo
Could you please explain that one to me?
"certs" are the free night you get each year after the 1st anniversary of holding the card. You used to have to call in to redeem, now you don't.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:15 am

Yes i know what it is. I just received mine a couple of days ago. However the intsructions have me to call them and I'm asking how I could use it online
Old Sep 6, 2013, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by pkoo
Yes i know what it is. I just received mine a couple of days ago. However the intsructions have me to call them and I'm asking how I could use it online
There is relevant discussion in the separate thread (listed above in the wiki) concerning the free-night certificate.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 2:29 pm

Link still works - Sept Data Point

Data Point: I applied for this card last week using the link in the first post of this thread. Card arrived today. I activated and called a rep who confirmed that my bonus offer is 80k after spending $1k within 3 months ("103 days" or something like that).
Old Sep 8, 2013, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by jacisme
Data Point: I applied for this card last week using the link in the first post of this thread. Card arrived today. I activated and called a rep who confirmed that my bonus offer is 80k after spending $1k within 3 months ("103 days" or something like that).
+1 - for both myself and wife. Have a rez at Palazzo Las Vegas. Am looking forward to finding out what perks are offered.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 1:19 pm

Got the 80k points for both wife and I a few days ago. Not a clue what to do with them yet...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.