Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Jun 12, 2013, 8:40 am

Datapoint: Applied using 1st link on first page, got the card yesterday, called and confirmed 80K after 1K spend w/in 3 months.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
For those thinking about churning this card, my recommendation is to keep it. I just used my first anniversary cert to stay at the Intercontinental Westminster London, a room that would have run ~$900. I had considered using the cert for the Intercontinental Park Lane London for a room that runs well in excess of $1000 per night but the Westminster was in a better location for us.

For $75/year, you can stay one night in any hotel in the IHG system. No tier restrictions and are automatically a Platinum. This is a keeper card. I was so impressed with the card that I twisted my wife's arm to get one also.

And no, the points never expire.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
For those thinking about churning this card, my recommendation is to keep it. I just used my first anniversary cert to stay at the Intercontinental Westminster London, a room that would have run ~$900. I had considered using the cert for the Intercontinental Park Lane London for a room that runs well in excess of $1000 per night but the Westminster was in a better location for us.

For $75/year, you can stay one night in any hotel in the IHG system. No tier restrictions and are automatically a Platinum. This is a keeper card. I was so impressed with the card that I twisted my wife's arm to get one also.

Isn't it $49 a year?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by iflyjetz

Couldn't agree more. With the wife's card you can get 2 nights (I don't like changing hotels everyday). Or you can buy points in their promotions and get 10% back, so ~$300/night. Where this card lags behind is earning structure.. club carlson card nails it
Old Jun 17, 2013, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
has anyone been able to pay this card at WM via billpay?
I maxed out my BB and want to earn some skypesos via ST.

I visited them once and they couldnt make it work, I plan to try again - but was wondering if anyone has done it already successfully?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 6:57 pm
Suspended

+1 to those who find this a keeper card.

Just redeemed my 80k for 2 nights at the InterContinental Amstel in March 2014. This far out, the rooms are 650+ Euro.

Anniversary nights make it a worthwhile "keep" in my book.

Going to have the wife get one too.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 9:42 pm

I also agree this is a definite keeper card and I have it on my list for my next AoR.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 6:22 pm

I just applied using the 80k link on 6/19 and I was approved. I called the backdoor number and confirmed that the 80k offer was applied.

Thanks to you all.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 9:26 am

Got the card probably about 2 years ago. Kept it the first year but cancelled before the second annual fee was due (probably about 4 months ago). had one for me and the wife and our trip to miami and key west was free stays at the z and the la concha crown plazas. very happy with both. just was before the rates went up.
i'm wondering if i could churn and get the bonus again. Know it's been asked before, but does anybody know if you can get the bonus again and how long the wait is?
fyi...i was able to churn the Marriott card. No free night, but did get the 70k points again after cancelling the first Marriott card about 9 months before applying again.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 1:12 am

The 1st link in the 1st page should work. Just click on it there.

The link is:

https://www.mychasecreditcards.com/ihg/inhotel80k

After you click on it, it becomes:

https://ccsic.fni-stl.com/cgi-bin/cc...RRIDE_CELL=H57

And finally the Application page appears with this link:

https://ccsic.fni-stl.com/cgi-bin/IHG.pl

The above link changes happen very fast after you click on the 1st page link but the above 1st link indicates that this IS an 80K offer.
Click ONLY on the 1st link to make sure that you'll get the 80K, not the other links.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 1:46 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Is it possible to request the new IHG rewards club visa if ou already have the priority club visa?

Ironically, I cannot even find the priority club card on the chase website anymore.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:59 am

The Priority Club credit card has now disappeared from the Chase credit cards website, although some old links to application forms persist. The new IHG Rewards card is linked from the IHG website, directing to here:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ihg...-MNR-ChaseVisa

No idea if it counts as a new product yet. Certainly the benefits are all the same. Maybe worth some experiments to see if applications from current Priority Club cardholders are accepted?

-Karl
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:28 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by karlmitchell
The Priority Club credit card has now disappeared from the Chase credit cards website, although some old links to application forms persist. The new IHG Rewards card is linked from the IHG website, directing to here:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ihg...-MNR-ChaseVisa

No idea if it counts as a new product yet. Certainly the benefits are all the same. Maybe worth some experiments to see if applications from current Priority Club cardholders are accepted?

-Karl
technically it is a new rewards program, sorta when BA went avios .. so i imagine you can double dip

would be nice to have 2 of these so you get 2 certs a year
Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:53 pm
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
Forex now?

Is there a change to the terms about "no transaction fee" on the Priority Club card? I got the card this Jan and although I have used it outside of US I have never checked whether there was forex because it is stated so everywhere.

Today I sent Chase an SM about some upcoming travel plans and the rep told me that there will be forex if I use it overseas. I replied to ask them to check again and mentioned that it is a Priority Club Visa but I got the same answer.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by swy
Is there a change to the terms about "no transaction fee" on the Priority Club card? I got the card this Jan and although I have used it outside of US I have never checked whether there was forex because it is stated so everywhere.

Today I sent Chase an SM about some upcoming travel plans and the rep told me that there will be forex if I use it overseas. I replied to ask them to check again and mentioned that it is a Priority Club Visa but I got the same answer.
It still shows "none" after foreign transaction fees!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.