Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:25 am

Applied for both the personal and business card in 2012. Approved for both, personal posted a few weeks ago and the points were CP qualifying. Business posted yesterday and those points were also CP qualifying. Now just have to wait 9 more days until the personal closes with our 10,000 in purchases and we will have CP!
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by ricohitman
Exactly.

BTW...anyone have problems for applying for both the premier and the plus cards? I applied for the plus card back in December and got the 50000 points, and 2 days ago applied for the premier card and got the "pending review" status on the application. Advice?
I haven't applied yet for the premier but haven't heard of anyone getting both (but can't say I've read all 47 pages either). Please do report back if it works!
Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Plus & Premier Cards

Originally Posted by slider34
I haven't applied yet for the premier but haven't heard of anyone getting both (but can't say I've read all 47 pages either). Please do report back if it works!
:-:Reporting back on the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus & Rapid Rewards Premier:-:

Applied for Plus card in December 2011 and got the 50000 point bonus. Applied for the Premier card on Feb. 9th had to go through reconsideration line, and moved some credit limits around and got approved for Premier Card. Will report back about 50000 point bonus reflected on account statement in March.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by ksf45632
Applied for both the personal and business card in 2012. Approved for both, personal posted a few weeks ago and the points were CP qualifying. Business posted yesterday and those points were also CP qualifying. Now just have to wait 9 more days until the personal closes with our 10,000 in purchases and we will have CP!
Companion Pass is at 100%! Now just have to wait a few more days for it to show as active and I will be flying free for the next 21 months. Thank you, FlyerTalkers for saving us at least $3,200!!!!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:23 pm

Link

Hey all, I cant seem to find the link for the business card. Found it for the personal card. (yes i used the search feature but apparently i suck at entering the right combo of words) Could someone post a link or put me in the right direction. Thanks

Edit----I found it. Right infront of me. Thanks anyways

Last edited by Jedibarnes; Feb 22, 2012 at 12:28 pm
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:22 am

points posted

data point: statement closed 2/22 and Southwest RR rep confirmed this a.m. that 50k points had posted.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:24 am

applied for southwest premiere biz card with 50k bonus, denied, approved for platinum

Recently applied for https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAp...DF01&SPID=DT57

I was sent a letter in mail saying I was denied. I called in for reconsideratoin and they approved. They said I was approved for the platinum card not the signature card. I asked if it would include 50k bonus miles and rep did not know for sure if i would ge the 50k bonus. Anyone in this situation before?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Yes... they are pretty much the same card. So, even if you don't, they will match it. They did for me.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:33 am

Still $99 year, 6000 points per renewal, 50,000 miles? Thanks. $2500 was my limit compared to 9,000 on signature card.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT and climbing
I've read through about 15-20 pages of this but can't get through 47 tonight. Trying get my parents some credit cards. They are going to start flying WN a lot more to come visit grandkids here in Dallas!

Can someone give me your two cents on what cards I should sign them up for to best maximize their bonus miles and possibly get some type of companion status???
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by LotzOStuff
I've read through about 15-20 pages of this but can't get through 47 tonight. Trying get my parents some credit cards. They are going to start flying WN a lot more to come visit grandkids here in Dallas!

Can someone give me your two cents on what cards I should sign them up for to best maximize their bonus miles and possibly get some type of companion status???
Go to millionmilesecrets.com If you click his link, you will see all the all Southwest cards there for the 50000. You will need 2 and spend 10k or transfer points from someone like Marriott to get the companion pass. Worked for me! Should be able to do business and personal at same time. May need to call reconsideration line for business, but should work.

Last edited by lyst; Feb 27, 2012 at 10:37 pm Reason: add more
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:42 am

Do purchases made on the cards count towards CP status?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
Originally Posted by trk1987
Do purchases made on the cards count towards CP status?
Yes.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by lyst
Go to millionmilesecrets.com If you click his link, you will see all the all Southwest cards there for the 50000. You will need 2 and spend 10k or transfer points from someone like Marriott to get the companion pass. Worked for me! Should be able to do business and personal at same time. May need to call reconsideration line for business, but should work.
Well I would like to use the Companion Pass this coming June. I need to transfer points from my Marriott account to make this work. How long would it likely take for the Marriott points to be in my Southwest account? The Marriott site does mention six weeks.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by Macken7
Well I would like to use the Companion Pass this coming June. I need to transfer points from my Marriott account to make this work. How long would it likely take for the Marriott points to be in my Southwest account? The Marriott site does mention six weeks.
Takes less than a week. I did my transfer on a sunday and the points showed on wed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.