Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2012, 5:36 pm

Does anyone know if points earned through shopping on the Rapid Rewards shopping mall count toward the companion pass?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 8:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by jrsjerky
Does anyone know if points earned through shopping on the Rapid Rewards shopping mall count toward the companion pass?
That is exactly my question as well
I got 3k points from the portal and i am waiting for them to be posted to my account, I will let you know when it happens
Old Jan 21, 2012, 8:46 pm

I opened a SW Airlines Rapid Rewards Credit Card on 2/4/11. The card is still open.

1) I want to apply for the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Plus Card (personal).
2) If I don't close my 1st SW card, will I be an automatic decline?
3) Any users w/ success applying for both Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Plus Card + Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Plus Business?
4) Can I apply to new cards with the same Rapid Rewards account # ?

Sorry, I'm sure the answer is somewhere in the 43 pages but I couldn't find it after skimming through a few. Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
active link?

I cannot find an active link for the Premier version of this card that offers the 50K. It appears it may have been yanked within the last few days?

Does anyone have knowledge of a new link or is willing to take a guess as to when it will return?
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by freeflyin
I cannot find an active link for the Premier version of this card that offers the 50K. It appears it may have been yanked within the last few days?

Does anyone have knowledge of a new link or is willing to take a guess as to when it will return?
I received a targeted email offer for the Premier card (50K + $99 fee not waived) a few weeks ago. That is what prompted me to apply for the Plus card (50K + $69 fee not waived) using the link a few pages back.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
Originally Posted by freeflyin

The premier card (50K bonus, $99 fee not waived, 6,000 anniversary points) is now being advertised on the WN homepage.

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/so...ROCHASE2120124

Last edited by via amtrak; Jan 24, 2012 at 8:42 am Reason: add link
Old Jan 24, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by via amtrak
The premier card (50K bonus, $99 fee not waived, 6,000 anniversary points) is now being advertised on the WN homepage.

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/so...ROCHASE2120124
Thank you!
I must have been looking during the days they were updating the application,as it was not there for several days at least.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Gold
This may have already been asked, so apologies in advance if that's the case:

Can we have both the Premier and Plus version of the card at the same time and still get both bonuses?

I have had the Premier card and bonus since last November, but recently got a targeted offer for the Plus card with a 50k bonus.

Wanted to find out if it's possible before potentially taking an inquiry hit.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by brown123
I opened a SW Airlines Rapid Rewards Credit Card on 2/4/11. The card is still open.

1) I want to apply for the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Plus Card (personal).
2) If I don't close my 1st SW card, will I be an automatic decline?
3) Any users w/ success applying for both Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Plus Card + Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Plus Business?
4) Can I apply to new cards with the same Rapid Rewards account # ?

Sorry, I'm sure the answer is somewhere in the 43 pages but I couldn't find it after skimming through a few. Thanks!
Quick points I wanted to make.

1) My parents both signed up for the plus card and got the 50k each, but my mom's account does not show the points as CPQP...(The bar says she's only at 1% of qualification for points)

2) I signed up for all 3 somehow on accident...I got reconsidered for the plus card.

3) I called in a week later and got the business card approved; FYI they shifted my credit around since I already hold the SW Plus Card, Chase Sapphire Pref, and Chase Marriott.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
Originally Posted by aznshrek88
1) My parents both signed up for the plus card and got the 50k each, but my mom's account does not show the points as CPQP...(The bar says she's only at 1% of qualification for points)
Are you sure you're looking at CP qualification and not A-list qualification? The credit card sign up bonuses have been counting towards the CP but not A-list.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by via amtrak
Are you sure you're looking at CP qualification and not A-list qualification? The credit card sign up bonuses have been counting towards the CP but not A-list.
Mr.45632 applied for both the personal and business card in January (the ones with $69 annual fees). Both were approved (of course, the business card took a phone call or two). The personal card statement has closed and the points are CP qualifying. Now just waiting on the business card to post and I will let everyone know!
Old Jan 25, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by rockandrepublic
I got a letter from Southwest saying that I'm pre-approved for their Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card:

-50,000 points after first purchase (= $833 of Wanna Get Away Fares or $500 of Anytime Fares)
-6,000 anniversary points every year
-$99 annual fee

Is this a good offer?

I missed out on the BA 100k and CO 50k offers. I would love to do the Ink 80k offer, but I have not been targeted. Should I sign up for this one or wait until the next big Chase offer?
I don't believe this is targeted, but I'm confirming with my wife. She signed up for the card and bought a pack of gum and received the 50k points right away. We're using the points to fly FLL-AUS. Got both tickets for a little over 25,000 points. Then since SW allows changes and cancellations with no penalties, the award price dropped and we cancelled and rebooked for less than 25k points, so we can actually fly again for a similar price in the future as we still have over 25k points left from the original bonus. It was a good offer for us.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mromero07
I don't believe this is targeted, but I'm confirming with my wife. She signed up for the card and bought a pack of gum and received the 50k points right away. We're using the points to fly FLL-AUS. Got both tickets for a little over 25,000 points. Then since SW allows changes and cancellations with no penalties, the award price dropped and we cancelled and rebooked for less than 25k points, so we can actually fly again for a similar price in the future as we still have over 25k points left from the original bonus. It was a good offer for us.
Offer isn't targeted.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by duc1986d
That is exactly my question as well
I got 3k points from the portal and i am waiting for them to be posted to my account, I will let you know when it happens

Did the points end up counting toward CP status? Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:21 pm

yeah

I hope your site fails......blah blahing about churning is a loser attitute....ever hear about that golden goose?

on topic: my personal + business + choice hotel transfer got me companion pass. SW is my favorite airline of the year...and maybe 2013 if CP rules stay the same.....sites like the last poster will likely get CP reduced to one year only.
Anyway confirmation CP is getable with these cards!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.