Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, JetBlue Mosaic (sometimes)
Originally Posted by PointsFlyer2012
Hey everyone,
P.S. Yeah, we're posting this in about 5 threads. 5 is just right, not too few, and not too many to be spammy.

Wow, if the mods allow that, I will need to start gearing up my own not-too-spammy engine
Old Feb 6, 2012, 1:08 am

any way to get miles to post earlier

Got the card Saturday, activated it, and was told that it would take 6 to 8 weeks for miles to post...

Ideally, I'd like to use the miles for an award at the end of March, so a couple of questions:

a) I saw one post from way back that said people's miles were posting after the statement close date...how soon after the close date, exactly? When the CSR said 6 to 8 weeks to me, did she mean 6 to 8 weeks after first use or after first statement close date?
b) Is there any way for me to move the statement close date forward?

Any help would be appreciated...
Old Feb 6, 2012, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by BlackGoldSTL
Got the card Saturday, activated it, and was told that it would take 6 to 8 weeks for miles to post...

Ideally, I'd like to use the miles for an award at the end of March, so a couple of questions:

a) I saw one post from way back that said people's miles were posting after the statement close date...how soon after the close date, exactly? When the CSR said 6 to 8 weeks to me, did she mean 6 to 8 weeks after first use or after first statement close date?

Regarding to part a), in my case I activated the card and made the first purchase about 10 days ago, then made the first payment via Chase online a couple of days later (already have other registered Chase cards and a linked verified bank account for payment).

Afterwards, the annual fee was billed on Feb 1st, the first statement closed on Feb 3rd, the the bonus miles appeared on Feb 5th. So they were pretty fast with the award...
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:45 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I had the first statement close about 2 weeks after approval. That was quite a surprise.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by BlackGoldSTL

Your points should post within 2 days of your statement close date. It is generally not a good idea to mess with your statement close date because it will almost always work against you. If you, for example, wanted to move your statement close date to the 30th when it was currently the 15th, they will most likely make your statement close date the FOLLOWING 30th - therefore increasing your billing cycle to 45 days for the first round.

Therefore, I would just stick to what you were given and know that your points will post very soon after your statement closes!
Old Feb 6, 2012, 9:45 am

Can anyone confirm they've received the SW CC Bonus in 2012 and those points counted toward CP Status and also were did not have a RR Account prior to signing up?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by trk1987
Can anyone confirm they've received the SW CC Bonus in 2012 and those points counted toward CP Status and also were did not have a RR Account prior to signing up?
Confirmed everything except not having a RR Account prior to sign-up.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by ksf45632
Confirmed everything except not having a RR Account prior to sign-up.
Same here.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: A bunch
Hi everyone!!
Need some guidance/assistance! I am still somewhat new to this!

Ok i think im going to have my wife apply for the southwest card however I would like to have her apply for both personal and business together.

I know Chase will auto decline 2 apps on the same day so I have to assume she applies for the personal first and will get instant approval. Then the business card she will get the decline, right? So she will need to call consideration and say something like "I want to keep my work expenses seperate" or "I have a sole propriotorship selling books on amazon (or some other thing i can think of)."

If approved she can get both cards and spend $1 on each card. The statment closes and she will get 100,000 miles, correct?

Next she(we) need to get an additional 10,000 miles which i will just follow one of the blogs on how to get these points over to southwest.

She will need to establish a southwest airlines account first before she applies for either card correct? (that way she has the account number for the applications)

She has no other chase cards, this will be her 1st individual chase application. I got her the spg amex last month as her 1st card. (im going to have her get the saph perf next, fyi)

Anybody see any issues with this or am i going down the path correctly? would it be better/easier to get the business card 1st for instant approval and then call the consideration line on the personal??
Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:30 pm

She won't get declined for the business, she'll just get something like "pending approval" - basically just not an instant approval. As far as I know, that has to do with it being a business card as opposed to it being the second application in the same day. You can still call the reconsideration line right away as opposed to having to wait for them to request documents.

If you don't actually have a business you could run into trouble. They definitely wanted our EIN/TIN as well as proof of a business address. We actually have a business so perhaps others can comment on their ability to get approved for a b-card without having a business.

Yes, after you get both bonuses you need to get 10,000 additional points. This can be done through transferring points, spending $$ on your Southwest card, the dining program, etc. Just be careful whatever point generating activity you plan out gives you Companion Pass Qualifying points.

Yes, you should sign up for a SW RR account first since you are opening two cards.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by ksf45632
She won't get declined for the business, she'll just get something like "pending approval" - basically just not an instant approval. As far as I know, that has to do with it being a business card as opposed to it being the second application in the same day. You can still call the reconsideration line right away as opposed to having to wait for them to request documents.

If you don't actually have a business you could run into trouble. They definitely wanted our EIN/TIN as well as proof of a business address. We actually have a business so perhaps others can comment on their ability to get approved for a b-card without having a business.

Yes, after you get both bonuses you need to get 10,000 additional points. This can be done through transferring points, spending $$ on your Southwest card, the dining program, etc. Just be careful whatever point generating activity you plan out gives you Companion Pass Qualifying points.

Yes, you should sign up for a SW RR account first since you are opening two cards.
I used the Sole-Prop route with my own SSN and there were no issues. I had to call and I already had a CO Bus card with them. They didn't ask for anything else besides that...i said i was the only employee and work out of my own house.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:47 pm

thanks Mr golfer and the poster above!! could you reply to my next question?

So my next question is: Are there no instant approvals with business cards?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Stoutman11
thanks Mr golfer and the poster above!! could you reply to my next question?

So my next question is: Are there no instant approvals with business cards?
There might be...I got instant approval for an Amex Bus Gold recently, but i already had 3 other Amex cards. I had all pending reviews for my Chase Business cards (but also personal cards as well) simply b/c I had so many applications in a short period of time. I imagine if you hadn't applied for too many in the last year and just applied for one business card through chase, they might instantly approve you, but i have no experience with that myself.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
There might be...I got instant approval for an Amex Bus Gold recently, but i already had 3 other Amex cards. I had all pending reviews for my Chase Business cards (but also personal cards as well) simply b/c I had so many applications in a short period of time. I imagine if you hadn't applied for too many in the last year and just applied for one business card through chase, they might instantly approve you, but i have no experience with that myself.
Thats what Im hoping for! Thats why I am using my wife because she doesnt have any Chase cards on her own and only the amex spg card inquiry for the last several months. The business card is the harder one to get IMO so im hoping for the instant approval.

Anybody else get instant approval on this business card?

Thanks MR golfer
Old Feb 6, 2012, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Stoutman11
Thats what Im hoping for! Thats why I am using my wife because she doesnt have any Chase cards on her own and only the amex spg card inquiry for the last several months. The business card is the harder one to get IMO so im hoping for the instant approval.

Anybody else get instant approval on this business card?

Thanks MR golfer
I applied for both the same day, got pending on both. Personal got approved automatically a few days later, business denied but got approved after a short and pleasant call to the reconsideration line. Just do it, with limited inquiries it will work out.

As a note, my business is a hobby/side thing, sole proprietorship, very very low income. Not a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.