Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by capitolm94
I applied for both the same day, got pending on both. Personal got approved automatically a few days later, business denied but got approved after a short and pleasant call to the reconsideration line. Just do it, with limited inquiries it will work out.

As a note, my business is a hobby/side thing, sole proprietorship, very very low income. Not a problem.
Good to know^ gunna have her apply for business card today, if approved going to wait till I have the business card in my hand then going to apply for the personal card... i know it will be rejected but it will be easier to get in my opinion.

fingers crossed it will workout!
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Stoutman11
Good to know^ gunna have her apply for business card today, if approved going to wait till I have the business card in my hand then going to apply for the personal card... i know it will be rejected but it will be easier to get in my opinion.

fingers crossed it will workout!
Of note, they did not even mention the SW personal card during the reconsideration call. They only talked about the older cards I had with chase, so maybe they werent seeing it yet?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by ksf45632
Your points should post within 2 days of your statement close date. It is generally not a good idea to mess with your statement close date because it will almost always work against you. If you, for example, wanted to move your statement close date to the 30th when it was currently the 15th, they will most likely make your statement close date the FOLLOWING 30th - therefore increasing your billing cycle to 45 days for the first round.

Therefore, I would just stick to what you were given and know that your points will post very soon after your statement closes!
I can confirm your advice is excellent. When I changed my due date to the 3rd of the month - so the points would post in the first week of January - I ended up with a February 3rd due date and had to wait until today to get my companion pass.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:11 pm

Does anyone know which credit agency these pull from? I'm in VA but not sure if they shift by state. I didn't see it on creditboards.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by trk1987
Does anyone know which credit agency these pull from? I'm in VA but not sure if they shift by state. I didn't see it on creditboards.
In CA for me, personal pulled experian and biz pulled equifax.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:47 pm

Couple questions..

Okay, so I'm new to all of this and I just wanted to clear up a couple of things. If you sign up for both the personal and business rapid rewards cards, you'll be able to use the 100k together, correct? Also, how do you know what international flights are available? I can't seem to find any specific details about that on the SW website.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Kelseykline00
Okay, so I'm new to all of this and I just wanted to clear up a couple of things. If you sign up for both the personal and business rapid rewards cards, you'll be able to use the 100k together, correct? Also, how do you know what international flights are available? I can't seem to find any specific details about that on the SW website.
southwest doesnt fly international routes...... well if you count airtran they fly a couple routes to the carribean thats it as far as i know.

yes you will be able to use the 100k together they will be in your account.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 4:00 pm

You actually can redeem the points for international routes (not SW routes). You can find more information on that on the SW website. However, if you're going for CP this is not a good use of points because you can't use CP on other carriers.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:17 pm

Wife applied for business card...... application pending!!! arrrgh! Darn. says 10-30 days will have response.

Should she call the reconsideration line? and if so whats the number?

Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: Several dozen
If it makes you feel any better Bank of America is dropping the Aeroplan Card so we Americans will soon feel your pain. Can you Canadians get an Air France card? I was just flying blue for lack of us Americans being able to stripmine an Air France Card sign on bonus (or maybe I was flying blue because it was freezing in France on my weekend trip from Paris to Nice?)

Originally Posted by dorif
Oh, how I wish I could have this offer. WN is our favourite airline, but the cc is not available to Canadians.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 8:02 pm

Wife applied for business card...... application pending!!! arrrgh! Darn. says 10-30 days will have response.

Should she call the reconsideration line? and if so whats the number?

Thanks!
Never hurts, I called before the email.

800-453-9719

They can (and will) give you a decision on the call
Old Feb 6, 2012, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by capitolm94
Never hurts, I called before the email.

800-453-9719

They can (and will) give you a decision on the call
Thanks! I have also just applied for the personal card as well for her.. figured why not shoot for the moon.

Asked the wife if she will call the line she said "no" LOL sometimes she cannot be bothered with this game we play..... filling out the application is and doing the spending is as far as she goes.

maybe i can call the recon line and use my best female voice! LOL jk
Old Feb 6, 2012, 8:20 pm

Thanks! I have also just applied for the personal card as well for her.. figured why not shoot for the moon.

Asked the wife if she will call the line she said "no" LOL sometimes she cannot be bothered with this game we play..... filling out the application is and doing the spending is as far as she goes.

I read somewhere you can just call on her behalf, tell them its your wife. If they say no you havent lost anything anyways.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 8:30 pm

If she is willing to talk to them long enough for identity verification, she can give them permission to talk to you for the rest of the call. You can even call and just hand over the phone for a minute when they ask. I did this a couple of weeks ago with a Chase application and it was fine.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:33 am

I was reading that with the credit card you can book international travel on other airlines but the conversion rate isn't too favorable ... does anyone know how this is done?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.