Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2012, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by booyaa
I thought Plus is dark blue, and Premier is black? Or is that just what they use on the marketing materials?
Our Plus is in fact dark blue for both personal and business. Can't comment on Premier.
Old May 30, 2012, 3:01 pm

Personal Premier is black with a red core visible from the side.
Old May 30, 2012, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by brasov02
I've got a 50,000 point targeted offer for the Plus version of the card. I would consider trying what you accomplished but I can't tell what version of the SW card I have now. I can't see any reference to a "Premier" or "Plus" on the card itself and I've looked everywhere on the online account pages but can't find anything that says what version of card I have. It does say "Signature" on the card but aren't both the "Premier" and "Plus" Signature cards? (I don't think a Signature card is the third version of the SW personal.)
So how does one determine which version of the SW card you have if it doesn't say anything on the card?
Sort of confused here, as you can tell.
Wow! I spoke too soon, then. Good job.
Old May 30, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by highgear
Personal Premier is black with a red core visible from the side.
Annual fee is $69 and it's not black so I guess I've got the Plus. Of course my targeted 50,000 point offer is for the Plus. Darn it. Guess i'll wait and hope a Premier offer comes my way...
Old Jun 3, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA
Been waiting to get this offer for a while now. I'm signed up for all the emails and stuff.

All quiet on my inbox and spam folders...
Old Jun 12, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: AS, UA, DL, WN, Marriott, Hilton, Radisson
I was just booking a flight on the website and the offer was for 10,000 miles with first purchase...not boding well for a return of 50,000.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: US Air Silver, UA, WN CP, PC Plat, Hilton Gold, BW Diamond
I saw that too with booking. If you go to the home page, it's still 25k for all cards.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Dreading
I was just booking a flight on the website and the offer was for 10,000 miles with first purchase...not boding well for a return of 50,000.
That has been a common offer when booking for quite sometime. The 50k offer will come and go, if I had to make a guess you'll see it one more time before the end of the summer.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA
Just goes to show that I rarely check my actual mail, I received this offer through snail mail and the offer expired on March 23rd.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:07 pm

Southwest Cards Back up to 50K

Looks like the bonus to the Southwest cards has just been upped again to 50k. Everyone who has been dying to get the Companion Pass, now is the time to jump on it! Just in time for summer!

The Plus comes with a $69 annual fee and offers 3,000 as an anniversary bonus. The Premier is $99 but offers 6,000 as an anniversary bonus. Both cards do NOT waive the annual fee for the first year.

Both require spending $1,000 in the first three months!

Thanks to CubsFanAZ over at SD (and numerous readers) for the heads up.

Here are the links:

SW Rapid Rewards Plus (personal)

SW Rapid Rewards Premier (personal)

SW Rapid Rewards Plus (business)

SW Rapid Rewards Premier (business)
Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:37 pm

probably asked and answered somewhere, but does Chase consider the Plus and Premier two different products? Would I get the bonus for both cards?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by DrSifu
probably asked and answered somewhere, but does Chase consider the Plus and Premier two different products? Would I get the bonus for both cards?
In my experience, it has been an EITHER/OR situation. I don't think they are considered different products. Your best bet is to get 1 personal and 1 business to net you 100,000.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:13 pm

cool, thanks for the info. my brother dragged his feet on the last one and only opened a personal card, then was kicking himself when i told him the offer was pulled so he could not get the 50K business and shoot for a CP. now he can still get it.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by DrSifu
I think there are reports of people who had the Plus cards in the past getting new bonuses for Premier cards but I don't know what time period was involved.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:35 pm

May be enough for me to sign up...Thanks for the info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.