Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by infamousdx
His actual spending on the card(s) is what got him the extra points over 50k, I assume.
This is absolutely correct. I had some bills that could be paid with a card. I charged a little over $4k minutes after activating. My statement close for my business card is at the end of the month and this charge was just before that.

I should be eligible for my companion pass in less than 2 weeks which totals less than a month after applying for the cards.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Libra7474
I, as well, applied for my first ever business card yesterday. Since I already had had the SWA personal, I did not bother applying as I wouldn't get the bonus points.

I also received the "we need to think about this and we will contact you". I immediately called Chase reconsideration line, and after answering a few questions was approved.
I'll have to do the same tonight then. Did you call 888-245-0625 or another number?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by slvrblt
I'll have to do the same tonight then. Did you call 888-245-0625 or another number?
That's the number. You will get asked about the nature of your business and why you would want a business card instead of personal.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by GREGSS
This is absolutely correct. I had some bills that could be paid with a card. I charged a little over $4k minutes after activating. My statement close for my business card is at the end of the month and this charge was just before that.

I should be eligible for my companion pass in less than 2 weeks which totals less than a month after applying for the cards.
Thanks making it clear. I was confused because I had put over $3,000 this year on my other SW card that I had recently closed and I seemed to only be getting qualifying points for flights I've taken this year. I'll have to follow up with them because flights alone consist of my qualifying points right now. Weird.

Also, high five for getting the companion pass in such a short amount of time!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 9:10 pm

My Fiance got a targeted offer in the mail today for the plus card with 50,000 points on first purchase. Reading the last few pages I don't see any reference to this offer. Has anyone else received it? It says valid until 09/24/2012.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by bkat73
Thanks making it clear. I was confused because I had put over $3,000 this year on my other SW card that I had recently closed and I seemed to only be getting qualifying points for flights I've taken this year. I'll have to follow up with them because flights alone consist of my qualifying points right now. Weird.

Also, high five for getting the companion pass in such a short amount of time!
It came at a small price I must confess. My fiancee and I had some outstanding student loan debt that we had planned on paying off this year. We used ChargeSmart to send the money over to Sallie May. So with their fees, we had to cough up a little over $200 to make it happen. It ends up being a wash though since we will use the companion pass at least 3 times before the year is out.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 9:35 am

That's the number. You will get asked about the nature of your business and why you would want a business card instead of personal.
Thanks or the info!

I actually called another number and asked about the application. They transferred me to the "lending" department.

Yep, that's about how the call went. They didn't ask why I wanted the business card though. They did ask what the business is, the age of the business, how long I've been in the industry and how I plan to acquire clients.

She asked how I plan to use the business card (to which I replied with 'flights, accommodations and meals when seeing out of state clients')

She verified a few things on the application such as address and personal income.

I had to take some available balance from another card and apply it to this potentially approved card. No big deal.

She said she's going to recommend me for approval and I'll be contacted within 5 days.

Crossing my fingers
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by slvrblt
Thanks or the info!

I actually called another number and asked about the application. They transferred me to the "lending" department.
Yep, that's about how the call went. They didn't ask why I wanted the business card though. They did ask what the business is, the age of the business, how long I've been in the industry and how I plan to acquire clients.
She said she's going to recommend me for approval and I'll be contacted within 5 days.
Crossing my fingers
Good luck! I received my card yesterday as promised by Chase customer service.
The only question I have is when I applied for the card I provided my personal Southwest account number to receive the 50,000 points. I am not sure, since it is a business account, a new account would've been created instead of SWA using my personal account.
Can anyone comment, please?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
I received a targeted offer of 50,000 after first purchase sometime in march. The page is active with no mention of a deadline to apply. Also there is no mention of a time with which to make the first purchase to get bonus. Does this mean I can apply now for the card and not make a purchse until next year to have the points stretch ot to get the companion pass longer
Old Aug 19, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by CFFrost
My Fiance got a targeted offer in the mail today for the plus card with 50,000 points on first purchase. Reading the last few pages I don't see any reference to this offer. Has anyone else received it? It says valid until 09/24/2012.
I got this offer in the mail -- 50,000 points after the first purchase -- and accepted it. Free points, no spend, no hard credit check. Perfect
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by augustus21
I got this offer in the mail -- 50,000 points after the first purchase -- and accepted it. Free points, no spend, no hard credit check. Perfect
If you get a targeted offer, that means there's no chard credit check? Just wondering, because I didn't know this, and will definetely pay a little more attention to any targeted offers I may receive...
Old Aug 20, 2012, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by ziglet19
If you get a targeted offer, that means there's no chard credit check? Just wondering, because I didn't know this, and will definetely pay a little more attention to any targeted offers I may receive...
I would say that's not true most of the times. In January, I applied for the same targeted 50K Southwest Personal Premier card, but my credit report (Experian) shows a hard pull inquiry.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by frecuente-flyer
I would say that's not true most of the times. In January, I applied for the same targeted 50K Southwest Personal Premier card, but my credit report (Experian) shows a hard pull inquiry.
Thanks for the follow-up and data point. I'm still figuring out all this credit score stuff
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:18 am

Good luck! I received my card yesterday as promised by Chase customer service.
The only question I have is when I applied for the card I provided my personal Southwest account number to receive the 50,000 points. I am not sure, since it is a business account, a new account would've been created instead of SWA using my personal account.
Can anyone comment, please?
Doesn't matter if it's a business CC account, the bonus points should be credited to the Southwest RR account you provided during the application. You should see some points credited to your RR after the first statement. If you don't want to wait, you can send a secured message thru Chase online and ask them for confirmation.

BTW, if you applied (or plan to apply) for two Southwest cards this calendar year, with the 50K bonus each, you want to make sure they credit the bonus to the same RR account to get the companion pass.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:45 am

I applied for Personal Plus and Business Premier in July.

When my personal plus statement closed I received my points for spending and the "Promotional Offer" 50k points. This was the first statement, had the initial $69 annual fee. I met the spend requirement ($1k) and had actually already paid the balance online before the statement closed. Checked Southwest and points counted toward Companion Pass status.

When my Business Premier statement closed I had also met the spend requirement ($1k) but had not yet paid toward the balance. My points for spending were sent to Southwest, but the bonus points ("Promotional Offer") were not on the statement.

I called Chase and they said to check next statement and if they aren't there they will investigate further.

Does anybody know if the points post on the first statement in which you meet the spend requirement, or do you have to have paid the balance in order for the points to post? I'm wondering why I got them on the Plus statement but not the Premier Business.

Edit, Add info: I met the spend requirement on the Premier like the day before the statement closed. I had met it on the Plus shortly after I activated the card. I wonder if the trigger for awarding the bonus points is not meeting the spend requirement and statement closing, but actually some batch process Chase runs arbitrarily on same day or days during the month to qualify accounts for the Southwest promo offer. That's the only thing that makes sense to me?

Last edited by RoyaleWithCheese; Aug 21, 2012 at 10:49 am Reason: Add info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.