Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX provides status extension and Club Points Relief

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2020, 7:56 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
Given that Cathay will axe 96% flights in April and May, we should expect two more doses of complimentary club points?
CX had planned to give us the club points for Apr. anyway. I guess May will be added, but it may be a bit too early to plan for Jun.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
CX had planned to give us the club points for Apr. anyway. I guess May will be added, but it may be a bit too early to plan for Jun.
Oh, you are right. April's points relief has been in the plan. I guess May's points have to come given the massive cancellations. Hope that we will not need points relief for June.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:00 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
I will put my dime for June to happen as well. Nothing to stop them from doing it since the mandatory 14 day quarantine on arrival doesn’t end till then. Oh well, get my April points and ask them to reset my status in early May be tore the May points come.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
Given that Cathay will axe 96% flights in April and May, we should expect two more doses of complimentary club points?
Good choice of word.

At the present time I will qualify early for sure with the Feb Mar Apr doses. need to plan to ask for early reset base on my HKG YYZ flights' timing which I have some control and the gifts which I have no control.
Cryofern likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:17 pm

Programs: CX
Whatever. Please stop moaning about missing points or keeping or not keeping status. It seems like the whole industry is going down the drain. My only concern is the survival of an airline company which I have accustomed to over the last 20 years. I will still fly them, no doubt about it - even with no status at all. CX management has far more urgent problems to solve at the moment. Let's all be patient and hope for the best.
jazzhou, sscywong and jysim like this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:24 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by CXZRHaddict
Whatever. Please stop moaning about missing points or keeping or not keeping status. It seems like the whole industry is going down the drain. My only concern is the survival of an airline company which I have accustomed to over the last 20 years. I will still fly them, no doubt about it - even with no status at all. CX management has far more urgent problems to solve at the moment. Let's all be patient and hope for the best.
Whatever. Please stop moaning that CX has to survive. I could't give a flying flamingo what you've become accustomed to the last 20 years. I just want to maximise number of available seats to/from Hong Kong during peak travelling periods once this is over (+1 or 2 years if new airlines have to be formed or slots given away).
Old Mar 26, 2020, 2:29 am

The entire subject of this thread is points and status! For discussion of the entire industry going down the drain, the survival of CX, or CX management's other problems (which I agree are far more urgent), feel free to start a new thread!
Old Mar 28, 2020, 6:35 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
So if CX went down.... we lose all of our hard earning asia miles?
Old Mar 28, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by Ausriver
i think you become long list of ppl behind unsecured creditor. meaning lawyer fee is a waste and just gotta suck it up
Old Mar 28, 2020, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Ausriver
I really depends how things go down. In the US multiple major carriers have gone through bankruptcy with their frequent flyer programs intact. Delta in fact bought out Pan Am's program when they went under. That said the examples I am aware outside the US are less positive than this. Also this current crisis is probably more of an existential threat to the airlines than any other prior at least since FF programs have been a thing. I will not be surprised if I take a haircut on one or more FF programs before this is all over. CX and VS are my two major concerns at this time (VS more so) because I hold major balances with them and the fact they are both in tough spots even compared to other airlines who are all in tough spots at this point.

Last edited by 36902BRF; Mar 28, 2020 at 12:29 pm
Old Mar 31, 2020, 5:03 pm

As a data point, I was at a bit over 500 club points before the relief points began and have not credited any flights since then. My membership year ended 31 March. The website now shows me as 0 club points and status maintained at Diamond. Possibly that will get swept out later but if not then it looks like basically a continuation of prior year status.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 12:49 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
I was CX Silver with 545 points, including the March relief club points. My membership year is supposed to end in June. However, I just got mail today that they upgraded me to Gold... Personally I wish they can keep my original membership year. Is there any recourse on this?
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by l380
I was CX Silver with 545 points, including the March relief club points. My membership year is supposed to end in June. However, I just got mail today that they upgraded me to Gold... Personally I wish they can keep my original membership year. Is there any recourse on this?
You can give CX a call and request for a downgrade back to Silver, but you will be missing out on the Gold relief points for April and potentially May and June.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:46 am

Programs: CXDM
SQ just sent an email saying that all elite statuses expiring from March 2020 through Feb 2021 are automatically renewed for 1 year. I think the automatic renews were provided to Gold and PPS members first, but this seems to have now been extended. I assume CX will not be following this, and simply provide further donations of CPs going forward?
CS300 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 4:41 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by l380
Originally Posted by Central90210
You can give CX a call and request for a downgrade back to Silver, but you will be missing out on the Gold relief points for April and potentially May and June.
Note if you do this, you have to count on being able to reach 600 points by end of Jun. CX will give you another 30 points in Apr., making the total 575 points for you. CX has not yet announced whether to give more points in May. I believe CX will, but there's no guarantee yet. If CX doesn't give you another 25 points at least, you will have to travel to reach 600 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.