Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore - Hong Kong travel bubble

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2020, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by littlevoices
... most importantly the number of unknown cases doesn't get above 5 (which seems incredibly low to me, and probably a reason to spoil dinner plans).
I believe the term is "unlinked" - meaning, if there are multiple cases that can be linked via contact tracing, then it's counted as 1.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 7:55 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
There is a good rundown on how this will work on the Cathay website:

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_.../overview.html
Carfield likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 8:38 pm

Seem like SQ have many flights sold out in December while CX still have plenty seats left.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Seem like SQ have many flights sold out in December while CX still have plenty seats left.
The demand is really from Singapore with most opting to take Golden Goose. For CX, mostly the Business cabin is sold out.

Given a situation like this and the fact that only 200 pax per flight. I wonder if I should swap my on hold booking in business to ecom
Old Nov 12, 2020, 5:38 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I believe the term is "unlinked" - meaning, if there are multiple cases that can be linked via contact tracing, then it's counted as 1.
if so this bubble wont happen and i am adament this PR stunt wont happen. they aleady got the airtime on global media "first bubble in world" already, so whether it goes ahead or not is no longer priority... Of seven new locally-transmitted cases confirmed on Thursday, Chuang said authorities couldn’t find any source of infection for six.

source
https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...abChangeable=0
Old Nov 12, 2020, 5:44 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by fakecd
if so this bubble wont happen and i am adament this PR stunt wont happen. they aleady got the airtime on global media "first bubble in world" already, so whether it goes ahead or not is no longer priority... Of seven new locally-transmitted cases confirmed on Thursday, Chuang said authorities couldn’t find any source of infection for six.

source

yet, Hong Kongers want to go to mainland quarantine-free.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 6:04 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by boybi
how about for pax from HK to SG?
As a PS, this infographic is hugely simplistic and ignores the fact that there are many more steps and procedures, for example it doesn't include the SG pre-approval step (7 to 30 days in advance) or the SG arrival card (less than 72 hours in advance)....

Anyway, political stunt or not (And yes, nuts that we need to do a HK 4 hr quarantine again), at least it's happening... my business class cabin on the outbound was already 70% full when I booked 20 minutes after the announcement.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 6:10 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by brunos
Are you aware that Hong Kong permanent residents (or HKSAR passport holders) are not allowed to enter China?
I am not following you.
HKSAR passport holders - travelling on HRPs of course - has never been outright banned from travelling to China through this whole pandemic to date.
HKSAR passport is one of the prerequisites to (new) HRP applications.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by fakecd

source
Frankly I can't agree with your comment on their priority. If what they wanted is just a PR stunt like you said, I don't think "first bubble dead before implementation in the world" is considered a positive publicity by both governments.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 9:17 am

And anyway the bubble is to be halted if the 7 day moving average of unlinked cases is above 5 (i can't rmb the exact wording). I'm not quite sure what moving average means but I guess it refers to the 7 day average number for each day going forward? So the bubble would be halted if the total unlinked cases for any 7 day period exceed 35?
Old Nov 12, 2020, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by percysmith
I am not following you.
HKSAR passport holders - travelling on HRPs of course - has never been outright banned from travelling to China through this whole pandemic to date.
HKSAR passport is one of the prerequisites to (new) HRP applications.
Have you tried entering China lately with just the HKSAR passport?
I was told that CHina stopped issuing HRP, has it changed? (real question).

Six unlinked HK cases today. Let's hope it goes back to below 5. or the travel bubble won't happen.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 5:41 pm

I was told that CHina stopped issuing HRP, has it changed? (real question).
I applied for mine in Hong Kong on 31 Oct, and will be able to pick it up on 17 Nov.
brunos and percysmith like this.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 10:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
HKIA has been experimenting the rapid LAMP test for a couple of weeks. Volunteers take both the traditional RT-PCR and the RT-LAMP, so that they can compare results.
Apparently, HK is not fully satisfied and has decided to prolong the experiment.
Let's hope that the LAMP test is satisfactory, as results can be obtained in 30 minutes (add the time required for collecting the samples t the test center and administrative batch processing).
When my wife and I arrived on the first.. the LAMP test was manditory, no way to opt out.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
When my wife and I arrived on the first.. the LAMP test was manditory, no way to opt out.
With the small number of pax arriving daily (typically between 500 and 1,500) and the very small number testing positive (an average around 5), it seems indeed necessary to make it mandatory to get any significance level.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 5:15 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
hk.govt has reversed cause and tightening social distancing measures citing "untracable source of infections". they are also mulling mendatory universal test to do their witchhunt and preparing all legal base to do what china did to contain.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...1-20201113.htm

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/component/k2/1560005-20201114.htm

so i remain adamently 99pc certain this bubble wont happen. they want to eradicate this (good luck) and they are so worried about imported infection. a bubble feels very much like right hand and left hand doing other directions.

Last edited by fakecd; Nov 14, 2020 at 5:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.