Singapore - Hong Kong travel bubble

Old Oct 18, 20, 9:26 pm
  #46  
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 10,730
Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
Versus SGD 2,000 for 14 days' quarantine cost at SIN + presumably an equivalent amount in HKG + cost of 2 swab tests before you're "released" to the local population at each end. Sounds "like" a bargain!
On the HK end, prior to the bubble, you can do home quarantine, so no cost for quarantine.

Also I think SIN reduced the amount of time people originating from HK need to quarantine to 7 days.
sxc is offline  
Old Oct 19, 20, 12:05 am
  #47  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: HKG
Programs: AA 3MM CK, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, GP Courtesy Card, Marriott LT Titanium
Posts: 3,082
Originally Posted by sxc View Post
On the HK end, prior to the bubble, you can do home quarantine, so no cost for quarantine.

Also I think SIN reduced the amount of time people originating from HK need to quarantine to 7 days.
Maybe you can opt for low cost version and refuse to the take the tests and just quarantine on either end... But then unless you have a home on both ends, you may end up paying more for hotel on one side than the 4 tests..
tfung is offline  
Old Oct 19, 20, 4:02 am
  #48  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 275
Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
HKG is suggesting 4 Covid test per trip. How much will it cost ? Around SGD800?
For Hong Kong, the test conducted upon arrival is for free, and for pre-departure test, the cheapest package is around HKD800 (USD~100), and the HK government are seeking ways to decrease the price further. HK government also seeks to introduce 15-minute rapid test for travel bubble passengers.

I think this topic will be included in the following negotiation between HK-SG government. There can be some reciprocal measures. HK and SG are both eagerly reaching out to open borders.
Reply1984 is offline  
Old Oct 19, 20, 5:33 am
  #49  
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: HKG
Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
Posts: 18,241
A Singaporean traveller exempted under the bubble still wont be admitted into La Vache...or any establishment running a similar questionnaire on entry

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...t28Vw/viewform
percysmith is offline  
Old Oct 19, 20, 9:47 am
  #50  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Posts: 14,546
Originally Posted by percysmith View Post
A Singaporean traveller exempted under the bubble still won’t be admitted into La Vache...or any establishment running a similar questionnaire on entry

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...t28Vw/viewform
Based on a few HK hotels I have investigated for a stayvacation, this is the standard questionnaire to make a reservation (not been out of HK in the past 14 days).
Hence someone from SG could not make a booking.
But there is plenty of time to adapt the questionnaire until the travel bubble is officially in place

BTW: the antigen rapid test is less accurate in detecting covid. It results in higher level of false negative, meaning it can miss quite a few infectious people. Properly administered, a molecular PCR test has no (or very rare) false negative. I would doubt the travel bubble would allow antigen tests in the early phases..

Last edited by brunos; Oct 19, 20 at 9:56 am
brunos is offline  
Old Oct 25, 20, 4:35 pm
  #51  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Singapore
Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Posts: 760
Any idea of frequency increase by CX for SIN?
CXFlyerBoy is offline  
Old Oct 25, 20, 6:57 pm
  #52  
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 10,730
Talk of the bubble from official channels has gone quiet. Problems in working out the detail?
sxc is offline  
Old Oct 25, 20, 8:41 pm
  #53  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Posts: 14,546
Originally Posted by sxc View Post
Talk of the bubble from official channels has gone quiet. Problems in working out the detail?
It has been announced a week ago with implementation expectations of several weeks. Hence, we should not be overly worried.

Singapore has been very proactive in trying to launch "green lanes", "Air travel pass", "Fast lanes":
https://www.changiairport.com/en/air...ne-travel.html
Many are in process.

Hong Kong has been talking for months about some agreement with Macau, Mainland China, others, but nothing concrete ever came out. It seems that is partly due to the poor state of health IT in Hong Kong.
Singapore are very eager but also very rigorous.
Let's hope that the first experiment comes to fruition quickly.
brunos is offline  
Old Oct 26, 20, 10:10 pm
  #54  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 275
CE Carrie Lam said the travel bubble would be in operation in November.
Reply1984 is offline  
Old Oct 27, 20, 5:09 am
  #55  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 95
Originally Posted by Reply1984 View Post
CE Carrie Lam said the travel bubble would be in operation in November.
https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/transport/article/3107196/hong-kong-singapore-travel-bubble-air-route-open-november
nivla83 is offline  
Old Nov 1, 20, 10:54 pm
  #56  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: CX DM (OWE), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Posts: 192
I have family in SIN and thinking of making a speculative booking for Xmas. Flights are already HKD4,000 + a unknown number of COVID tests. Anymore than this it becomes too much for us as a family, which I guess will happen as soon as this is offically annouced.

Should I risk it and book one of the 2x daily flights to SIN or do we indeed think these will not be eligable for the "bubble"?
beach86 is offline  
Old Nov 1, 20, 10:57 pm
  #57  
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: HKG
Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
Posts: 18,241
Originally Posted by beach86 View Post
I have family in SIN and thinking of making a speculative booking for Xmas. Flights are already HKD4,000 + a unknown number of COVID tests. Anymore than this it becomes too much for us as a family, which I guess will happen as soon as this is offically annouced.

Should I risk it and book one of the 2x daily flights to SIN or do we indeed think these will not be eligable for the "bubble"?
I booked a pair of full fat CX J cancellable fares at five times your per person cost but I dont think I bought the right tix.
beach86 likes this.
percysmith is offline  
Old Nov 1, 20, 11:07 pm
  #58  
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 10,730
I expect that any flights booked today will have to be changed since the bubble requires you to fly on the dedicated flights which don’t have transit passengers.
Carfield, percysmith and beach86 like this.
sxc is offline  
Old Nov 2, 20, 2:46 am
  #59  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Posts: 824
Originally Posted by sxc View Post
I expect that any flights booked today will have to be changed since the bubble requires you to fly on the dedicated flights which dont have transit passengers.
On a TV programme yesterday Edward Yau was pretty clear those remaining in the SG/HK bubble would be on dedicated flights which would start at least one per day, and tickets would go on sale for these specific flights 'ideally' from the middle of the month.

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/breaki...-late-November
Nicc HK is offline  
Old Nov 3, 20, 1:24 am
  #60  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1,936
Originally Posted by Nicc HK View Post
On a TV programme yesterday Edward Yau was pretty clear those remaining in the SG/HK bubble would be on dedicated flights which would start at least one per day, and tickets would go on sale for these specific flights 'ideally' from the middle of the month.

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/breaki...-late-November

wonder CX/SQ will code share on this flight ? If SQ n CX each operate one dedicated flight each day, will the demand be high ?
sbs2716g is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread