Singapore - Hong Kong travel bubble

Old Nov 10, 2020, 7:24 pm

Travel bubble will start on 22/11.

starting with 200 paxes each direction per day.

SQ890/891 CX734/759 will be designated ATB lights. For 22/11 to 6/12, SQ will operate on day 1357 while CX will operate on day 246.

From 7/12, it will be daily flights.

Last edited by sbs2716g; Nov 10, 2020 at 7:42 pm
Old Nov 10, 2020, 7:45 pm

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...apore-13513966

Full details from news
Old Nov 10, 2020, 8:44 pm

Seem like a total of 3 tests is needed.
Before departure from sin
arrival in HK
before departure from HK.

Seem like SIN does not require traveler to be tested upon arrival/returning.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 10:00 pm

As a datapoint, I had redemption waitlists on CX 715 / 714 for a couple of days in December. Found out today that they were all canceled and I was re-waitlisted on CX 734 / 759 instead for each PNR. That said, I'm not hopeful that any of them would be confirmed, as there are many people clamouring to travel even on highly jacked up revenue tickets!

Last edited by carrotjuice; Nov 15, 2020 at 4:26 pm Reason: Correcting typo for flight number.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 11:30 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
As a datapoint, I had redemption waitlists on CX 715 / 715 for a couple of days in December. Found out today that they were all canceled and I was re-waitlisted on CX 734 / 759 instead for each PNR. That said, I'm not hopeful that any of them would be confirmed, as there are many people clamouring to travel even on highly jacked up revenue tickets!
not everynody feels travel is a must. i felt that earlier in year and now rediscovered HK. anything you wish to do in sing, you can do in hk (except zoo). i am not sure if the "cheapest to deliver" type of demography (think those grass roots spoiled on 150 jetstar one-way at midnight) will fork out the costs of this travel

they are capping this at 200 a day soon to be 400 in xmas. its a joke with zero economic benefits for all the admin burden both govt is going.. to me this is a PR stunt to say to the world Hkgapore is open with zero real economic benefits
Old Nov 10, 2020, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Seem like a total of 3 tests is needed.
Before departure from sin
arrival in HK
before departure from HK.

Seem like SIN does not require traveler to be tested upon arrival/returning.
2 if you depart within 72hrs upon yr last test on arrival
Old Nov 11, 2020, 12:42 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by fakecd
not everynody feels travel is a must. i felt that earlier in year and now rediscovered HK. anything you wish to do in sing, you can do in hk (except zoo). i am not sure if the "cheapest to deliver" type of demography (think those grass roots spoiled on 150 jetstar one-way at midnight) will fork out the costs of this travel

they are capping this at 200 a day soon to be 400 in xmas. its a joke with zero economic benefits for all the admin burden both govt is going.. to me this is a PR stunt to say to the world Hkgapore is open with zero real economic benefits
But they are the perfect test for the idea whether travel bubbles make sense. Imagine to do contact trace in larger countries like ANZ....

If they could not make it work, there is no reason for any other country to try.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 3:10 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by littlevoices
Noting that after a year of very limited travel most people wouldn't be very price sensitive. Whilst I probably couldn't stomach a first class ticket I am very willing to be gouged on a business class ticket from CX (sorry SQ!), typically on this route I'd happily do economy due to the combination of short flight, quality planes and on-time departures, but now it would be the equivalent of a staycation - unnecessary but fun. Bring on those increased departures!
Well in the end I booked the moment they announced the flights that were in the bubble, before the restrictions, for a long weekend in early December for a "bargain" 13k HKD a person in business.... The week earlier when the bubble launched but where I already had plans was already at HKD46k per person... Crossed fingers that the restrictions are clarified in the first few days, and most importantly the number of unknown cases doesn't get above 5 (which seems incredibly low to me, and probably a reason to spoil dinner plans).

All those tests will be a pain and expensive, but all part of the "fun", at least the journey is going to be the first for a while! Hopefully we can do most of them at the airports.

Last edited by littlevoices; Nov 11, 2020 at 3:17 am
Old Nov 11, 2020, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
as usual Singapore media provide facts and details.

Strange that HK maintain the test on arrival requirement and apparently ask the pax to pay it.
It means that pax arriving on SQ will spend their first day at HKIA and they probably won't be released before midnight or so.
Pax arriving on CX will probably need tp spend the night at the government hotel. It is better than wait the night at the airport but sill surprsing for a travel bubble.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 3:33 am

Old Nov 11, 2020, 4:23 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by brunos
Strange that HK maintain the test on arrival requirement and apparently ask the pax to pay it.
"參加氣泡計劃的旅客,到港後會經專屬的登機橋和通道前往機場檢測區域;非旅遊氣泡旅客可繼續在機場接受免 費檢測。當局解釋,因指定檢測是為旅遊氣泡而設,要另外收費,相信氣泡落實有助恢復經濟。"

https://news.now.com/mobile/local/player?newsId=412502
Old Nov 11, 2020, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by brunos
as usual Singapore media provide facts and details.

It means that pax arriving on SQ will spend their first day at HKIA and they probably won't be released before midnight or so.
Pax arriving on CX will probably need tp spend the night at the government hotel. It is better than wait the night at the airport but sill surprsing for a travel bubble.
it was mention that the results will be out in around 4 hrs. So 11am arrival, at least 4pm then can get out of airport ? the paxes can buy food ? Or lunch will be provided ?

I tot they will do the rapid test instead of PCR.
and for kids, HK is asking for stool sample to be taken.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 5:40 am

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by nivla83
how about for pax from HK to SG?
Old Nov 11, 2020, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
it was mention that the results will be out in around 4 hrs. So 11am arrival, at least 4pm then can get out of airport ? the paxes can buy food ? Or lunch will be provided ?

I tot they will do the rapid test instead of PCR.
and for kids, HK is asking for stool sample to be taken.
HKIA has been experimenting the rapid LAMP test for a couple of weeks. Volunteers take both the traditional RT-PCR and the RT-LAMP, so that they can compare results.
Apparently, HK is not fully satisfied and has decided to prolong the experiment.
Let's hope that the LAMP test is satisfactory, as results can be obtained in 30 minutes (add the time required for collecting the samples t the test center and administrative batch processing).
Old Nov 11, 2020, 8:49 am

https://www.tourism.gov.hk/travel-bubble/en/index.html

There you go.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.