Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore - Hong Kong travel bubble

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2020, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
wonder CX/SQ will code share on this flight ? If SQ n CX each operate one dedicated flight each day, will the demand be high ?
I believe there would be enough demand for at least a pair of flights each day.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by VE105
I believe there would be enough demand for at least a pair of flights each day.
Me thinks more. Judging by the number of travel starved public in both cities.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Me thinks more. Judging by the number of travel starved public in both cities.
True. Personally I hope there would be at least 2 pairs of flights each day for both CX and SQ.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 5:01 am

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
My question now is, how does this SG/HK bubble now square with the mandatory quarentine in hotel for everyone except visitors from Mainland China, Macau and Taiwan when it comes into effect 13/11/2020?
Old Nov 3, 2020, 8:00 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Nicc HK
My question now is, how does this SG/HK bubble now square with the mandatory quarentine in hotel for everyone except visitors from Mainland China, Macau and Taiwan when it comes into effect 13/11/2020?
If there is no quarantine requirement, there is no mandatory hotel quarantine requirement.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 2:25 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Nicc HK
Obviously if the travel bubble is set up, no quarantine is required for the incoming pax from those designated SG flights.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Seems like the Dec schedule is showing CX 759 ex HKG leaving at 9am and CX 734 ex SIN leaving at 4:45pm running daily.

Spoke to a senior staff member during a CX event in Changi yesterday that the bubble may start end Nov but demand cannot be predicted at the moment.

Would CX’s schedule be more friendly than SQ’s 890/891 rotation (7ish ex SIN departure and 12ish exHKG departure in terms of the pre-boarding Covid procedures on both sides?
littlevoices likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
Seems like the Dec schedule is showing CX 759 ex HKG leaving at 9am and CX 734 ex SIN leaving at 4:45pm running daily.

Spoke to a senior staff member during a CX event in Changi yesterday that the bubble may start end Nov but demand cannot be predicted at the moment.

Would CX’s schedule be more friendly than SQ’s 890/891 rotation (7ish ex SIN departure and 12ish exHKG departure in terms of the pre-boarding Covid procedures on both sides?
Currently CX734/759 is used for some PtP traffic but also/mostly(?) for pax transiting EU/US. This transit would not be allowed on the bubble flights.

I would assume that bubble pax would like an early morning departure from their origin (HKG or SIN) and a late night departure on their return. But they cannot be mixed with the above transit pax.
I hope that SQ and CX cooperate on these bubble flights. No one knows much yet.
An example of the uncertainty is that CX has zeroed out all flights SIN-HKG-EU/US in December, while waiting to resolve the uncertainty.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Did a little poking around and saw in EF that the 715/714 rotation is loaded for Dec but availability zeroed out and not sold on CX site.

if the bubble requires sterile O&D pax and what brunos said is true, then this could well be the bubble flight. The 1:25am departure is unfriendly, but as the SO puts it, it’s not like I have not done it before. 🤣
Old Nov 8, 2020, 3:16 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
i cant help to feel that this bubble will not take off. recent hotel quarantine change is to align HK policy with those of mainland, so that once mainland is satisfied HK is closed to the world they will open 2-way channel to hk. i would also assume china GBA people movement has far greater economic and social impacts/benefit than singapore
Nicc HK likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 4:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Originally Posted by fakecd
i cant help to feel that this bubble will not take off. recent hotel quarantine change is to align HK policy with those of mainland, so that once mainland is satisfied HK is closed to the world they will open 2-way channel to hk. i would also assume china GBA people movement has far greater economic and social impacts/benefit than singapore
I agree. In reading the government notice it seems to state hotel quarantine for all non Greater China arrivals, there is no mention of 'travel bubbles'.

Though when I asked the question earlier in the thread was somewhat shot down.

However perhaps there is a get out because SG has included China in its 'Air Travel Pass' programme.
fakecd likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 6:47 pm

Programs: Alaska
Singapore-HK travel bubble and quaratine-free travel between HK and Mainland are either-or situation. Otherwise, imagine the people from Singapore to stay in HK for 14-days and then roam in China freely. It renders five-one policy meaningless to Singapore.
fakecd and Nicc HK like this.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by freed0m
Singapore-HK travel bubble and quaratine-free travel between HK and Mainland are either-or situation. Otherwise, imagine the people from Singapore to stay in HK for 14-days and then roam in China freely. It renders five-one policy meaningless to Singapore.
they can set the rule such that all those under travel bubble can only return to Singapore via the dedicated flights n not allowed to enter China. I don’t think this is difficult to enforce ?

I think Singapore reciprocal green lane right now also need the paxes to return to original country.

Although paxes from those countries that Singapore have open up such as China/australia are allow to leave for other countries.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 8:20 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
they can set the rule such that all those under travel bubble can only return to Singapore via the dedicated flights n not allowed to enter China. I don’t think this is difficult to enforce ?
It is not exactly about enforcement.

What exactly is the additional risk people from Singapore staying in HK for more than 14 days relative to people living in HK? How about people from other countries staying in HK for more than 14 days?

The rule becomes arbitrary.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by freed0m
It is not exactly about enforcement.

What exactly is the additional risk people from Singapore staying in HK for more than 14 days relative to people living in HK? How about people from other countries staying in HK for more than 14 days?

The rule becomes arbitrary.
what will be the addiitonal risk by staying more than 14 days ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.