Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: percysmith
New links:
New redemption engine: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/facade.html
(alternatively https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/book-a-trip/redeem-flights/facade.html for MPO members)
New redemption charts (CX and KA only): https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/flight-award-chart.html
New partner redemption mileage requirement: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/afr.html

Asia Miles changes microsite:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/

New Terms and Conditions:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/en/updatedterms.html
Print Wikipost

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:58 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
I am available to see plenty of Avios availability again on one-way XXX-HKG routes as early as September as of today - these were all zeroed out before.
You mean long haul? Yes they seem to have fixed that

Regional is still stuffed tho:

SIN-HKG on week starting Thu 26/7 (i.e. as close in as Avios can see)
SIN-HKG 5/1
BKK-HKG 29/5

All can be fixed by adding TPE at the end.

Also, despite long haul availability being fixed for partners, the overall number of seats even for AM is still pretty low and premium seats heavy in Choice (YVR one year out) or Tailored (YVR close in and AKL one year out)
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:45 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Whats weirder is that say for PEY, I can see it on Avios - e.g. BKK -xHKG - TPE 29/8 BUT not on AM at all.
some serious coding.

To be fair AM changes have not all been bad. I got a 1 way HKG-BOM in Y for 10k AM.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:51 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by percysmith
You mean long haul? Yes they seem to have fixed that

Regional is still stuffed tho:

SIN-HKG on week starting Thu 26/7 (i.e. as close in as Avios can see)
SIN-HKG 5/1
BKK-HKG 29/5

All can be fixed by adding TPE at the end.

Also, despite long haul availability being fixed for partners, the overall number of seats even for AM is still pretty low and premium seats heavy in Choice (YVR one year out) or Tailored (YVR close in and AKL one year out)
The earliest I could see SIN-HKG was 3 months out, but now I can see availability in early/mid September, so something seems to have changed.

The discrepancies finally seem to have reached the big blogs and I read that they had reached out to CX to investigate the married segments issue for longhaul, which subsequently seems to have been fixed. No love for HKG-based members so -- are there no local big blogs/influencers who can stir up a bit of a fuss, or are they all in CX's pocket?
Old Jul 19, 2018, 12:53 am

The earliest I could see SIN-HKG was 3 months out, but now I can see availability in early/mid September, so something seems to have changed.

The discrepancies finally seem to have reached the big blogs and I read that they had reached out to CX to investigate the married segments issue for longhaul, which subsequently seems to have been fixed. No love for HKG-based members so -- are there no local big blogs/influencers who can stir up a bit of a fuss, or are they all in CX's pocket?
Yup, they all in CX's pocket
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:06 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Calling Danny Lee (@hkreporter)
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:13 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by jagmeets
Calling Danny Lee (@hkreporter)
SCMP definitely in CX's pocket
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:02 am

Is there a way to check surcharge amounts on BA flights without having enough Asia Miles to book? There's an interesting 50K award from AUS-LHR non-stop that supposedly has kinda reasonable surcharges that I am interested in.

Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Replicate route in ITA matrix
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:26 am

Thanks! Just wanted to make sure nothing weird happened on an award versus normal ticketing.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Read the comment sections you will see DPs showing the Contrary. No, it is not really fixed and the majority of routes remain ZERO availability in the next few months.

Extremely out to the edges of booking window, it seems seats indeed have returned to some routes. But if you need the next 3 to 6 months, the situation remains very bad. I know because I have been checking very frequently for Oct availability US to HKG from any gateway, as well as HKG to Australia in Nov to any gateway, in hope I could modify the dates on an existing AS award booked in March this year. So far, ZERO luck on both segments. My one-shot free change window will close in last week of August. I dont believe there would be more improvement before then.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

HKG-CTS 20/7-5/7 r/t 2Y

Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

HKG-YVR 20/7-9/7 r/t and o/w 2J

Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

MEL-HKG 20/7-7/7 r/t and o/w 2J

Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

BNE-HKG 20/7-8/7 r/t and o/w 2J

Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

HKG-MAD 20/7-8/7 r/t and o/w 2J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.