Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: percysmith
New links:
New redemption engine: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/facade.html
(alternatively https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/book-a-trip/redeem-flights/facade.html for MPO members)
New redemption charts (CX and KA only): https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/flight-award-chart.html
New partner redemption mileage requirement: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/afr.html

Asia Miles changes microsite:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/

New Terms and Conditions:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/en/updatedterms.html
Print Wikipost

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:13 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I'm working on 2J pics...
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:24 am

HKG SYD, 2 J Seats:

SYD HKG, 2 J Seats:
beachfan, percysmith and jhneoh like this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: JMB Sapphire, OneWorld Sapphire
Anyone saw AM's HKG-KIX chartered flights promo? Is this a regular thing or are they experimenting this kind of stuff?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by abielp
Anyone saw AM's HKG-KIX chartered flights promo? Is this a regular thing or are they experimenting this kind of stuff?
Haven't notice, can you post a link to us?
Chartered flight to KIX sounds interesting, KIX did a bit over supply
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:37 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:52 am

Haha, legal and compliance may alert CX/AM team their 20% more rewards seats is misleading. This chartered flight may be to bump up the number of rewards seats
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:55 am

Hang on, normally CX will not serve std. J class meal to their chartered pax.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: JMB Sapphire, OneWorld Sapphire
Originally Posted by rickywk
Haha, legal and compliance may alert CX/AM team their 20% more rewards seats is misleading. This chartered flight may be to bump up the number of rewards seats
​​​​​​Possible. Have they done this before? New to CX so first time encountering this
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:25 am

Yup, it's first time CX scheduled a chartered flight solely for their FFP member redeem
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: Marcopolo
I am waitlisted for award tix for BKK HKG MXP in the first class mid August... what will be my chance to get this confirmed for mid Aug...i am a diamond member..

BKK-HKG biz and HKG -MXP First
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Just got an email on that chartered flight

What’s more, you can also enjoy a 15% Miles off on Hotel and Travel Experience Awards in Osaka during 30 August to 3 September, 2018. Click here to redeem now!

Terms and conditions:
1. This offer is available to Asia Miles members, Marco Polo Club members and Redemption Group Nominees.
2. The chartered flight schedule is:
I. CX8538 /0935 - 1425 (All times local) on 30 August 2018 from Hong Kong to Osaka
ii. CX8541 /1700 - 2000 (All times local) on 3 September 2018 from Osaka to Hong Kong
3. The chartered flights can only be redeemed in Standard Awards.
4. Waitlist is not permitted on these flights.
5. Filming and photography may take place throughout the chartered flights. The output will be used in Asia Miles marketing and promotional materials worldwide, and will be published on the Internet and on social media platforms, including, but not necessarily limited to, YouTube and Facebook.
6. Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd. and Asia Miles Limited reserve the right to suspend, amend or modify these terms and conditions at any time and at their sole discretion, without prior notice or liability.
7. Asia Miles terms and conditions apply.
Emphasis mine
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: CX, BA
Originally Posted by rickywk
Chartered flight to KIX sounds interesting, KIX did a bit over supply
IMO HKG-KIX is not oversupply. To be honest, I think almost all Japanese destinations served by CX/KA are undersupply. CTS can easily sustain daily flight throughout the year but CX chooses not to. If KA can get a better(later) departure time slot at HND, KA396/397 can easily fill up an A333 instead of an A321. For NGO/FUK, well just look at how much CX is asking for. Only OKA is oversupply because an interesting competitor........cough, decided to increase HKG-OKA to almost 3 daily and then sells the seats at ridiculous prices.

Back to the chartered Asiamiles flight matter, this is definitely a bright move to increase customer loyalty and add incentives to crediting to Asiamiles/MPO. Such a big surprise to see Standard awards available. Ha! But is't this announcement a bit too late? It is less than 2 months away....... I guess it is just making good use of unused capacity. I see there is also CX8541 KIX-HKG on 30/8, the inbound flight after the outbound CX8538 Asiamlies chartered flight on the same day.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by marcommm
IMO HKG-KIX is not oversupply. To be honest, I think almost all Japanese destinations served by CX/KA are undersupply. CTS can easily sustain daily flight throughout the year but CX chooses not to. If KA can get a better(later) departure time slot at HND, KA396/397 can easily fill up an A333 instead of an A321. For NGO/FUK, well just look at how much CX is asking for. Only OKA is oversupply because an interesting competitor........cough, decided to increase HKG-OKA to almost 3 daily and then sells the seats at ridiculous prices.

Back to the chartered Asiamiles flight matter, this is definitely a bright move to increase customer loyalty and add incentives to crediting to Asiamiles/MPO. Such a big surprise to see Standard awards available. Ha! But is't this announcement a bit too late? It is less than 2 months away....... I guess it is just making good use of unused capacity. I see there is also CX8541 KIX-HKG on 30/8, the inbound flight after the outbound CX8538 Asiamlies chartered flight on the same day.
HKG <-> KIX daily got ~18 flights from 8 airlines, truly oversupply.
HKG <-> CTS did daily flight from few years ago, FUK/HND is due to FUK/HND lack of time slot. FUK capacity decreased after hand over to KA to operate, one of flight schedule changed to A330/A321/A320 mix
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:53 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Seems like award availabilities are less being restricted and more being the victim of poor IT. There seems to be no availability for BKK-HKG but there is availability for BKK-HKG-TPE. More puzzling, there are 8 first class seat availability on some dates (e.g. July 29th on the BKK-HKG-TPE route).
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by Dave510
Seems like award availabilities are less being restricted and more being the victim of poor IT. There seems to be no availability for BKK-HKG but there is availability for BKK-HKG-TPE. More puzzling, there are 8 first class seat availability on some dates (e.g. July 29th on the BKK-HKG-TPE route).
Is this the case even when searching with Asia Miles?

I wonder if it is a married segments issue (clearly discriminating against HK based members) or an IT error issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.