Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: percysmith
New links:
New redemption engine: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/facade.html
(alternatively https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/book-a-trip/redeem-flights/facade.html for MPO members)
New redemption charts (CX and KA only): https://www.asiamiles.com/en/redeem-awards/flight-awards/flight-award-chart.html
New partner redemption mileage requirement: https://www.asiamiles.com/en/afr.html

Asia Miles changes microsite:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/

New Terms and Conditions:
https://www.asiamiles.com/change/en/updatedterms.html
Print Wikipost

Asia Miles Changes effective 22 June 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by vikasr
AM is limiting rewards to only one transfer on a one way.
How do I book awards that require three flights, one on CX and two on another one partner?
Book two awards. If you can make the two other flights in two different oneworld carriers, you may be able to use the oneworld award.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 5:53 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by cysyuen
For those who are too lazy to do programming and still wanting the auto search bot, this chrome extension is for you:
https://award.flights
Nice

But searches QF and BAEC only

And five days at a time max
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by jd20
This date off by one day thing was driving me crazy... I hope the correct date is what you searched for, not what's shown on the screen. I thought it might be a timezone issue (maybe they're showing HKG timezone, instead of customer's), but I'm not certain. Definitely confusing.

I'm now back in HK and the dates display properly so looks like a timezone issue. I guess I'm expecting too much to think an airline could understand and properly account for different time zones.
QRC3288 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by percysmith
Nice

But searches QF and BAEC only

And five days at a time max
I have no problem searching 14 days
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: dont care anymore
Originally Posted by cysyuen
I have no problem searching 14 days
t minus 5...4....3...before you will need to click on street signs or storefronts before every single search.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by runningonfumes
t minus 5...4....3...before you will need to click on street signs or storefronts before every single search.
Are you using BAEC to search? I have just done a search HKG-SYD on 1/8/2018 14 days. Do you want to try again?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
This must be one of the "enhancement" to the post Jun22 changes. MPC just told me that I am unable to waitlist for PEY->J upgrade redemption on HKG-YYZ. Right now EF is showing J3 C3 D2 I0 W2 R2 E0, so flight is very full, but this was never the case in the past and I have always been able to place myself on the waitlist no matter what the loads were. In fact, I had in many occasions where I eventually get my upgrade redemption (close to departure) even with J3 C3 D2 I0.

I tried on the website too via Manage Booking and I can confirm that I cannot waitlist for the upgrade. I then tried searching for the same flight on straight redemption, and waitlist is available on Standard Award and Choice Award, with seat available on Tailored Award (who in their right mind would spend 400,000miles on a one-way redemption though...).

Actually UPDATES:
Just tried searching for straight redemption on the same flight, and it shows "Flight is Fully Booked" on Standard Award and Choice Award, and seat available on Tailored Award.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 9:57 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
The married segments issue is really really frustrating. It must be a mistake?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 11:56 am

Re the married-segment logic, here is another frustrating example and I'd appreciate your thoughts:

The itinerary is SIN-DOH-JFK on QR metals, and there is award space available on each individual segment (triple-checked on AsiaMiles own search engine, BA website, and QF website). When the transit time in Doha is less than 24 hours, the itinerary can be found on AsiaMiles' website (see below).

The issue arises when I try to change the SIN-DOH leg to an earlier flight so that Doha effectively becomes a Stopover. Again the earlier SIN-DOH flight has plenty of availability. This time, however, the agent could not find award space for that itinerary with a stopover in DOH.

The problem persists with two AsiaMiles phone agents in USA and in Hong Kong. I'm wondering what if I:

(1) Book the itinerary that can be found online with <24 hr in DOH.
(2) Call and request a change to the first segment (SIN-DOH) and take the earlier flight.

Will this work?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 5:02 pm

how do stopovers work with the new chart? is it two awards?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: Marcopolo
Suddenly plenty business class seat available for redemption to Europe from Asia.. just booked BKK BCN and BKK CDG
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:59 pm

Per Flight Award Redemption - General Conditions:

4. For the one-way Flight Award (except the oneworld Multi-carrier Awards), a maximum of 2 sectors are allowed, with only 1 stopover or 1 transfer.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Just called the MPC to check on a wait list for HKG-SIN next week - have flex, so didn't really push just yet and tried to see how things look.

Wow! Absolutely no correlation between online availability+expertflyer loadings and what the agent saw - if anything, negative one - between what the website showed and what the agent told me (potentially negative since she saw only 1 seat on a flight that the website showed 2 seats on..but I hadn't gone through to the final page on the online booking). Caveat - this was the DM line.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sxc
The married segments issue is really really frustrating. It must be a mistake?
I'm trying to do a simple HKG-BKK-HKG r/t...the week I am looking at has married segment logic, the two weeks before do not. Beyond frustrating.

Any word yet if this is a bug or a feature?
Old Jul 28, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Any word yet if this is a bug or a feature?
Surely someone knows someone at CX who can answer this? It's not like it is revealing secret information or anything? It's been over a month and still zero transparency, zero answers. CX is more and more acting like a ME3 or Mainland carrier.
HarbourGent likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.