Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Discussion of The Deck continues here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1895979-deck-opens-22-march-2018-a.html
Print Wikipost

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Frozen beef patties in the burgers? That's truly disgusting. May as well eat in Cafe de Coral !
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:35 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
visited Qantas 3x in the last week. avoiding the CX lounges for a while. what a shame.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:36 pm

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Frozen beef patties in the burgers? That's truly disgusting. May as well eat in Cafe de Coral !
If you're craving for a burger, there's an interesting burger place near immigration that might be worth checking out before going to the Wing. Or Burger King of course
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:44 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by QRC3288
visited Qantas 3x in the last week. avoiding the CX lounges for a while. what a shame.
What times did you visit? I find the offering during the day is good if you're looking for healthy salads, but it's a bit meh otherwise. However, good coffee at the bar.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by sxc
What times did you visit? I find the offering during the day is good if you're looking for healthy salads, but it's a bit meh otherwise. However, good coffee at the bar.
2x morning, 1x afternoon. Lunch comes out around 12noon so if you show up at 11-12 you're kinda in the doldrums where you might want lunch, but breakfast is still out.

i find the Qantas buffet breakfast offering to now be superior to the CX F lounges. salads good too. and coffee superior to CX. i'm less worried about over-abundance and more interested in quality.

while CX has never had abundance in the F lounges, it used to at least be "more than adequate". But quality has taken a swift decline meaning much of the food I don't even want to touch these days, who cares about abundance when it's just industrial kitchen food. the quality of food in the Pier F has been in decline for a while, but this recent Sodexo change is the most sudden "drop" I've experienced since they opened the new Pier F.

I agree this can't all be Sodexo's fault. The budget must've been cut and/or Sodexo came in with a lowball, saying things CX knew to be untrue ("same quality, lower price"), and CX happily accepted.

it is a long way since the Peninsula days.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by QRC3288
2x morning, 1x afternoon. Lunch comes out around 12noon so if you show up at 11-12 you're kinda in the doldrums where you might want lunch, but breakfast is still out.

i find the Qantas buffet breakfast offering to now be superior to the CX F lounges. salads good too. and coffee superior to CX. i'm less worried about over-abundance and more interested in quality.

while CX has never had abundance in the F lounges, it used to at least be "more than adequate". But quality has taken a swift decline meaning much of the food I don't even want to touch these days, who cares about abundance when it's just industrial kitchen food. the quality of food in the Pier F has been in decline for a while, but this recent Sodexo change is the most sudden "drop" I've experienced since they opened the new Pier F.

I agree this can't all be Sodexo's fault. The budget must've been cut and/or Sodexo came in with a lowball, saying things CX knew to be untrue ("same quality, lower price"), and CX happily accepted.

it is a long way since the Peninsula days.
bery much agreed. And u get “fresh cooked” rice dish in the evening.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by HaikalS
If you're craving for a burger, there's an interesting burger place near immigration that might be worth checking out before going to the Wing. Or Burger King of course
Beef & Liberty?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:35 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Someone sent me thing last night....OMG...It just looks so sad.

kaka likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:53 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by HaikalS
At Pier F tonight and Food is improving (a little bit) and service much more. Still missing a few final touches for the food though:
- french fries not yet fully cooked in the center (oil probably not hot enough)
- beef patty is obviously "frozen" variety and should NOT be ordered medium (otherwise it becomes painfully obvious it was frozen)
- nicoise salad tuna could use a little more seasoning and the string beans should be cut properly

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Someone sent me thing last night....OMG...It just looks so sad.

all seems very sad indeed.
normally always look forward to the burher and craft beer in the F pier. looks like no more
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Visited the Pier F again on Sunday evening, service is good, food absolutely disgusting, it is even less good than the food onboard in J now,
anybody know what is the duration of the contract with Sodexo?
QRC3288 and HKGglobaltrotter like this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by pvgman
Visited the Pier F again on Sunday evening, service is good, food absolutely disgusting, it is even less good than the food onboard in J now,
anybody know what is the duration of the contract with Sodexo?
Plaza Premium assumed in 2016 right? My guess is they have 2 year contracts.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:19 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by sxc
On one visit during lunchtime, there was a delicious Japanese curry at the QF lounge. At 4pm yesterday, the staff had also offered me an off-menu option of the most juicy BBQ pork char siew rice I've had in that airport. The still wine selection there is also far superior - I'm in love with the Pinot Noir from T'Gallant, an elegant red that won't give you a headache in the scorching HK heat.

Is the Sodexo sordidness only restricted to the lounge in HK? I am pleased to say that the beef noodles at the TPE lounge are still excellent. However, the wine selection there remains abysmal
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:02 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Alawyer
On one visit during lunchtime, there was a delicious Japanese curry at the QF lounge. At 4pm yesterday, the staff had also offered me an off-menu option of the most juicy BBQ pork char siew rice I've had in that airport. The still wine selection there is also far superior - I'm in love with the Pinot Noir from T'Gallant, an elegant red that won't give you a headache in the scorching HK heat.

Is the Sodexo sordidness only restricted to the lounge in HK? I am pleased to say that the beef noodles at the TPE lounge are still excellent. However, the wine selection there remains abysmal
As far as I know, Sodexo only applies to the HK lounges, as were the previous catering change from Peninsula to PP.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
qantas lounge serve japanese curry as they also cater for JAL flights, so say till 230pm ish. they also serve won ton noodle during lunch and i admit is one of best in terms of noodle texture although they can cut back on salt. after 4pm their offering goes catered towards their own qantas flight including plate if day (imagine peninsula day grade pier dish) and BbQ pork rice (i kid you not i enjoyed it as much as Ritz carlton Iberico Pork BBq dish) long story short guys please stop coming to qantas and stick to your lovely CX lounge to keep overcrowding at Qantas to minimum

or cx should perhaps ask Sofitel for quote on how much it cost run like Qantas grade food just to see how subpar their current setup is
Alawyer, royng and jerrywu like this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:54 pm

QF's BBQ pork rice is so good! I used to go there before I turned DM...but I think I should go back since the food in the F lounges are really bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.