Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Discussion of The Deck continues here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1895979-deck-opens-22-march-2018-a.html
Print Wikipost

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:41 am

[QUOTE=NoY;30138350]Moet champagne was available at the BKK lounge just s a few weeks ago...I requested it & was served without issue. The food I ate was very good also.[/QUOTS]

Ah, so you could request it specifically? I just noticed that the menu only listed the 2 Chandons, and no Moet bottles were visible anywhere. Just assumed they had done away with it. Next time I'll ask!
NoY likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond

Not bad at all. Not peninsula good but I would say better than plaza premium
clubeurope likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
First time back to HKG lounges after Sodexo took over. In Pier F this morning, did a quick breakfast. Can't really comment on food quality as it's extremely hard to screw up scrambled eggs. Even though Pier F dinning room was at about 30% occupancy, the services/table cleanup were not as efficiently as I expected, but on par with PP.

Now at Pier J for the view and definitely understand why FTers complain about overcrowding issues. 7:30am kids running around screaming, people talking over loud speakers. I know it has nothing to do with Sodexo but just, wow. Food is consistent with PP (Got another Dan Dan noodles).
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:09 pm

Programs: MPCGO
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
First time back to HKG lounges after Sodexo took over. In Pier F this morning, did a quick breakfast. Can't really comment on food quality as it's extremely hard to screw up scrambled eggs. Even though Pier F dinning room was at about 30% occupancy, the services/table cleanup were not as efficiently as I expected, but on par with PP.

Now at Pier J for the view and definitely understand why FTers complain about overcrowding issues. 7:30am kids running around screaming, people talking over loud speakers. I know it has nothing to do with Sodexo but just, wow. Food is consistent with PP (Got another Dan Dan noodles).
I don't know, I've had a few pretty bad scrambled egg screw ups (not exclusively to airline lounges, mind you...).
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
after recent positive review i dropped by pier F. ok agreed they have upped their game big time since initial wobbles. now it feels like a premium lounge, ( apart from a southeast Asian couple who felt the need to try out their smartphone speaker at max volume to blast their favorite tune)
  • water melon juice went from what felt like 70/30 water to juice ratio to a respectable 70/30 juice to water ratio
  • prawn tofu had proper sechuan spice taste and presented nicely. i really liked it
  • beef shin as above, similarly what you would expect
  • salmon dish, well its unfair to compare it to what i ate in Finland other day, as the texture felt little old and stale but sufficiently moist. but you can see they tried with presentation unlike before
  • dessert skippd
in all each menu is closer to what you get from say executive club lounge of most 5star hotels. its not on par with what you get for usd100 lunch but i dont expect but thats not what you aim for. side dish are tiny so best order 2, then main plus carb dish...

sxc, QRC3288, percysmith and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by fakecd
prawn tofu had proper sechuan spice taste and presented nicely. i really liked it
I had it last Sunday, it was good but would have been great if they had an extra prawn and another slice of the tofu...
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Looks the Pier F is up for a return visit! I haven't been in months.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
I had it last Sunday, it was good but would have been great if they had an extra prawn and another slice of the tofu...
When only an extra prawn and just a slice of some Tofu is reported missing, the quality is nearly perfect......
FlyPointyEnd likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
For those of you who still think the grass is greener in the Qantas lounge, I lost my appetite for char siew upon this sight:

Had to quickly retreat to the Deck to calm my nerves with Mumm. The improved hor d'oeuvres helped as well!
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:35 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Alawyer

Had to quickly retreat to the Deck to calm my nerves with Mumm. The improved hor d'oeuvres helped as well!
Tell us more about this please?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:43 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by sxc
Tell us more about this please?
Ham sandwiches, cold cuts and olive snacks. Perfect with the Mumm.

My companion thinks the wantons have also significantly improved since our last visit. More silky and plump he says.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:36 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

exciting developments I see!
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: BA (Gold)
Another thumbs up for the Pier F. Had a good lunch in there last weekend - decent quality and presentation (though another prawn would be nice, as other have noted) and reasonably attentive service. Dining was quite busy but the lounge in general was quiet and the Pantry part had some nice offerings too. Looking forward to another visit in a few days.

Regards

PR
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
I was also reasonably happy..impressed even- given the initial tone of the thread, over my 2 visits last month. Particularly impressed with the Sodexo manager who seemed keen to get inputs.

Wishful thought- this (the turnaround) extends to the new JCL dining experience
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I was in The Wing two days ago from 0530 (opening, I was the first passenger through the door) until around 0730 when I left for my gate (45, verrry long walk). Staff was invariably good, all staff smiled during all interactions with guests. As I was looking around for the showers, one staff member approached me with a friendly, "You look as though you're looking for something. May I help you?"

I had poached eggs from the menu, and they were fine (a little undercooked for my personal taste, but acceptable overall; not everyone likes them the way I do). American bacon cooked perfectly (slightly crisp but not at all dry). Prompt refill offers whenever my glass/cup was empty. Used dishes removed quickly. Both staff at the door thanked me with a smile as I left. I can't think of any way in which my experience could have been improved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.