Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Discussion of The Deck continues here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1895979-deck-opens-22-march-2018-a.html
Print Wikipost

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by ckx2
And apparently only two people can take your order in the restaurant now, all other service staff are only for delivering or clearing dishes. Took me quite a while to place an order, because they've been so busy.
I think this is a language issue...did you order in English? The last time, the lady just raised her hands and left and pulled someone else to speak to me.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by HaikalS
Talking about lounge alternatives... I saw on the OneWorld site that Club Bauhinia (the HK Airlines lounge) and Plaza Premium are also listed. Does that mean we can enter them as OWE/OWS?

How do they compare vs. CX?
I think RJ uses Club Bauhinia....
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:55 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by HaikalS
Talking about lounge alternatives... I saw on the OneWorld site that Club Bauhinia (the HK Airlines lounge) and Plaza Premium are also listed. Does that mean we can enter them as OWE/OWS?

How do they compare vs. CX?
Cannot use them. Under those lounges it says “Access for eligible customers traveling on these oneworld member airlines only.” These are contract lounges contracted by the specific airlines so no general Oneworld access.
HaikalS likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:11 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Weird pumpkin congee. A vegetable dumpling I took half a bite of. Stale fried bread for the congee. Noodles were acceptable.

Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:25 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

After a very disappointing breakfast I decided to order lunch as well. And I have to say there seemed to be a big improvement compared to before. This is the duck salad and beef cheek. Presented better and tasting better.

FlyPointyEnd, royng, rays and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
Flying from MLE to ORD next week with a 4 hour layover in HKG. My wife and I are in J but I am a One World Emerald (AA Exec platinum-Concierge Key). I thought I saw a couple of months ago in this thread (possibly it was somewhere else) about the complimentary massage. I remember someone posted that the availability times book rather quickly. We arrive around 7:50 am and leave around 11:50 am. Which lounge offers the massage? Which lounge offers the best experience/food etc. after an overnight flight? Thanks in advance. Moderator please feel free to move if need be.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by sportsguymichael
Flying from MLE to ORD next week with a 4 hour layover in HKG. My wife and I are in J but I am a One World Emerald (AA Exec platinum-Concierge Key). I thought I saw a couple of months ago in this thread (possibly it was somewhere else) about the complimentary massage. I remember someone posted that the availability times book rather quickly. We arrive around 7:50 am and leave around 11:50 am. Which lounge offers the massage? Which lounge offers the best experience/food etc. after an overnight flight? Thanks in advance. Moderator please feel free to move if need be.
Haha come on mate, don't hijack the thread...and then stick it on the mods!

Weve got a lot of info bout best lounge if you just search a bit. Lounge debates are top 5 topics here.

Or fire up a new thread. But please don't hijack! You're an experienced user...

Massages are in Pier F only fyi.

Welcome to the board.
kaka and Hottub Cowboy like this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Haha come on mate, don't hijack the thread...and then stick it on the mods!

Weve got a lot of info bout best lounge if you just search a bit. Lounge debates are top 5 topics here.

Or fire up a new thread. But please don't hijack! You're an experienced user...

Massages are in Pier F only fyi.

Welcome to the board.
My apologies!!! Thanks for the helpful info.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:16 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
those duck salad and beef cheek sxc posted indeed look like photo taken from pre changeover! btw the F chinese breakfast set comes with soya milk it say but last time they told me i had to order and wait 20min as it uses egg what soya milk use egg? that just made me worry and havent back to wing since
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:29 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

@fakecd when I ordered it from The Pier it didn’t come with soy milk. But you can see the congee is VERY weird.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fakecd
those duck salad and beef cheek sxc posted indeed look like photo taken from pre changeover! btw the F chinese breakfast set comes with soya milk it say but last time they told me i had to order and wait 20min as it uses egg what soya milk use egg? that just made me worry and havent back to wing since
ud b surprised how soya milk can be served in taiwan. I dont like sweetened stuff in general- in hk unsweeted soya milk means just that, in taiwan there is unsweetened (sweet soy milk)... soymilk w no sugar; and salty soymilk as its said in chinese- i think it really means savory- so u get some spring onion, shreadded dried meat, peanuts and some silky egg mix and what not
Old Jul 15, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Don't know if it has been mentioned but this past weekend I realised those black trays have been removed in The Wing's J side. I asked the staff and the staff had no clue that there used to be trays. Very inconvenient when you want to get a glass of juice and a plate of food or two.
kaka likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:31 am

Had breakfast at Wing F on the weekend, and everything was just perfectly fine and appealing. Even none of that gray blubber on the salmon. Staff was attentive albeit not exactly polished (there *is* a difference to QF J when it comes to this). Left with a smile, which hasn't happened in a while.

[How anyone would eat the prego cooked eggs benedict from under the heat lamp if you can order them fresh off the menu evades me]
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:34 am

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
I have taken some time to visit all of the J lounges in HKG in the morning last week, and some quick findings:
- food option is very much aligned across all departure lounges as above suggested;
- except dim sum which I saw varies a bit between pork/shrimp siu mai, beef siu mai and shrimp dumplings (no cheap fish siu mai), as well as plain bun/cha-siu bun/bun with glutinous rice;
- Wing J has some different finger food at the ends of long bar although it's changing into lunch when I get there;
- Pier J teahouse has got different snacks which I found quite alright, and a bit more western options at the Food Hall like mushrooms and ham;
- Bridge has got detox water but haven't seen smoothie which I haven't tried;
- Scrambled eggs are disgusting (well Qantas scrambled eggs is a different type of not-so-good);
- Deck is so crowded I'd say don't even bother;
- Fried rice is quite nice and I appreciate the effort;
- Still miles ahead of Plaza Premium East which is literally more crowded than Cafe de Coral outside.
Got photos but I'll deal with it later if anyone interested.

Also when I used Arrival late last night for a shower I found no big towel inside, only after I get undressed... How awkward and had to use the only face towel for everything.
fakecd, royng and kaffir76 like this.

Last edited by watery; Jul 23, 2018 at 2:14 am
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by watery
- Scrambled eggs are disgusting (well Qantas scrambled eggs is a different type of not-so-good);
What was disgusting about the scrambled eggs? I am usually quite pleased with them.

Agree that QF scrambled eggs are bad, because they steam them (they claim they don't have a pan big enough to fry them )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.