Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Discussion of The Deck continues here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1895979-deck-opens-22-march-2018-a.html
Print Wikipost

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
The Cabanas at The Wing are great as is the massage @ The Pier.
How long did you queue for each?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
How long did you queue for each?
The cabanas, I waited about 20 minutes. I was told on arrival at 3pm there would be a 90 minute wait but my beeper went off so i had to rush my food. The massage was initially a 3.5 hour wait but turned out be 2.5 hours.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: QF Platium(OWE)/CX Diamond(OWE)/SPG Platium/Marriott Titanium/Hyatt Globalist/Accor Platium/
Visited The Pier & The Wing F serval time this month.
Food quality definitely improved then earlier this year for the item in the Menu. But the food quality Buffet area at The Wing remind me the"Canteen" experience when I am still a teenagers.
I also found the staff quality in The Wing particular went from bad to worst. Waiter keep missing the order even with only < 20 Pax in the dining area. Their attitude also seems not interested to serve the pax. Even some Assistant Supervisor (In suit) had demonstrated the same "black-face". Compare to The Pier, most staff are well trained and present well
I noticed some Senior Manager keep patrolling at The Pier but not The WIng (F Lounge). May be this is the reason for quality at The Pier maintained?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zzz997
Food quality definitely improved then earlier this year for the item in the Menu. But the food quality Buffet area at The Wing remind me the"Canteen" experience when I am still a teenagers.
I also found the staff quality in The Wing particular went from bad to worst. Waiter keep missing the order even with only < 20 Pax in the dining area. Their attitude also seems not interested to serve the pax. Even some Assistant Supervisor (In suit) had demonstrated the same "black-face". Compare to The Pier, most staff are well trained and present well
I noticed some Senior Manager keep patrolling at The Pier but not The WIng (F Lounge). May be this is the reason for quality at The Pier maintained?
you’re probably right.
but if you look around this forum it will not be hard to see why- people feeling entitled to break rules and do whatever they want to do in lounges.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by kaka

you’re probably right.
but if you look around this forum it will not be hard to see why- people feeling entitled to break rules and do whatever they want to do in lounges.
People who break rules should absolutely be dealt with, but that’s no excuse for bad service to everyone else.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
New menus at Pier F today, didn't get a pic unfortunately. This menu design not the best IMO, as starter options were mostly something with bread (Bruschetta), breaded stuff (soft-shell crabs) or pastries (2 different dishes). Some light and "fresh" options would have been great. How about some greens/salad? Burger now also comes as a vegetarian option, not my thing probably but a good development nevertheless.

First time I also witnessed pretty lacklustre service. I, among with several others, were served wrong dishes. Orders for both drinks and food took quite a while to fulfil. Some new faces who I haven't seen before. One member of the staff didn't seem to understand a word of English. Hoping this was just people hungover after halloween
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by zzz997
I find exactly the opposite, have been through both four times in the last month for the first time in a while and whilst service in The Wing dining area was always prompt if a bit cold, The Pier was unacceptably poor 3 out of 4 times (One time I waited about 20 minutes for someone to bring me a menu, next time waited about 20 minutes after getting a menu for someone to take my order, next time they forgot to bring the starter I ordered and also my drink). I think The Pier dining area is a victim of its own success, they are very polite when serving but they seem to struggle a lot with numbers when it's busy. The Wing has a much better dining area layout for attracting attention to get service even if the decor isn't as nice.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
am also getting tired of the new sodexo service at the pier. i think they may be understaffed

last time they forgot my drinks order
today they forget my food order

staff are all friendly. but operationally something seems to have gone wrong
its tiring to have to remind them
normal restaurants dont have this issue
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:37 am

I am pleased with the Sodexo offering.

In the Pier F, they have improved the concept of the Pier F buffet area. This has gone from an area for a tiny selection of snacks that under Peninsula and PP to something that actually offers an alternative to a full meal in the dining area. I think the Coffee Loft (or whatever it’s called) in the Wing has also improved by offering more appealing, if less cliche/pretentious, food options.

I recently passed through the Bridge for the first time in ages and found the late afternoon buffet selection on the left side (the side where the showers are) was decent as well.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Not sure if it was mentioned, but one thing I noticed on the J side is that now every lounge seems to have similar food. Previously, with a long transit, I could go to different lounges to sample different dishes. Now, I can only experience a different ambience, but with the same food.
I had no idea this thread even existed. Reading your post reminds me of the experience that I had when I was there in early 2020. I went to all of the CX business class lounges at HKG and the food all seems to be about the same.
ernestnywang and royng like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.