Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Discussion of The Deck continues here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1895979-deck-opens-22-march-2018-a.html
Print Wikipost

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
i think cx wanted to cut budget.

and what better way to do so than to do it under the guise of a new caterer who was willing to whore themselves for lower dollars? cx can blame sodexo and fly under the radar

i havent been to pier F yet since the degradation but this is making me depressed.
royng likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Apologies if this has been discussed earlier but I noticed that the menu now offers a "normal" beef burger rather than Angus. Didn't try it but was wondering if they really got rid of the Angus beef burger
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by golfingboy
If CX management gave them a larger budget Sodexo’s goal will to be to drive up profit margins as much as possible rather than allocating 100% of the budget increase into the product.
Surely CX and Sodexo can form a contract to spend $X on food and then pay then $Y for profit margin
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: LH Senator, CX Diamond, UA Prem Plat, Fans of MO Elite
Originally Posted by QRC3288
it is really is lovely how nice some of the food is over in the Qantas lounge. The salads and freshness of the food just stands out.

It's not even "bling" food. But it's great. Someone over at Qantas knows what they're doing with food, and has for a long time in a way Cathay really doesn't grasp.

Something CX could learn from.
Completely agree with you QRC3288. I was in HKG on Sunday and I went to the Qantas lounge and enjoyed the food there; it has been over 6 months since I last enjoyed the QF HK Lounge. What a refreshing change from the lousy food now being served at The Wing and The Pier! Afterwards, I took a buggy to The Pier F. I think this will be my new routine at HK.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by fast03
In Pier F last night and went by The Pantry to grab some drinks and could overhear a couple complaining to a senior lounge staff about how the quality of food "has degraded so much" since their last visit etc. Did not stay long to eavesdrop but as mentioned here, they probably get this a lot so I'm hoping someone is making a decision to make this reach Paul Loo or whoever it is overseeing the lounges now.

What I don't understand is the messaging for changing the operator was due to complaints with regard to quality of the food and services in the lounge in the PP days. The lounges used to give a a sense that the airline was looking after you and investing on your loyalty. Now I feel they only see the lounges as leaking pipes from their bottom line and couldn't care less with delivering "just ok." Otherwise still hopeful things improve.

After my last incident with CRD, i decided to stop sending complaints to CRD and instead email people at CX directly. It seems to be working better, I sent out an email after seeing the clutter at Pier Business last May, and it seems like they have stepped up their efforts to keep the lounge tidy based on my last visit. As for the food, I sent an email last Monday about it and even sent photos and the menu of the QF lounge in Sydney for their reference. Hopefully they will realize how bad it was and do something about it.
Alawyer, zzz997, QRC3288 and 6 others like this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:46 am

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
After my last incident with CRD, i decided to stop sending complaints to CRD and instead email people at CX directly.
Anyone specific you email? Could you PM?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
By the way, the Aqua Panna is now at 500ml, I recall it to be bigger.
I'm pretty sure it was always 500mL.

Originally Posted by estnet
Be careful what you wish for..... the burger before was tasty, now it is slimy, no taste (altho bigger I presume b/c they use premade and ?frozen lw grade patties) and I'm pretty sure it made me sick. IMO really disgusting.
Haven't tried the new burger but my experience in eating frozen patties leads me to believe it was also frozen and premade under Plaza.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Stopped by the Deck last Friday - dessert selection surprisingly good. They had mac & cheese with real cheese and sweet & sour pork with meaty portions. Can't really complain.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
The Pier F: the attendants are well-intentioned and friendly, however they lack professionality. I was brought my main while still eating my entrée. The food quality has also become worse, as reported. Seared tuna didn’t taste fresh and the mushroom risotto was undercooked with next to no taste at all – and no parmesan on top. I, too, hope they step up their game.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by lkrt
The Pier F: the attendants are well-intentioned and friendly, however they lack professionality. I was brought my main while still eating my entrée. The food quality has also become worse, as reported. Seared tuna didn’t taste fresh and the mushroom risotto was undercooked with next to no taste at all – and no parmesan on top. I, too, hope they step up their game.
I don't believe the highlight has anything to do with operator, it's more of a local thing.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
I don't believe the highlight has anything to do with operator, it's more of a local thing.
Oh really? I’ve never been done that before in any of CX lounges but I admit I lack experience in HK restaurants so don’t know how they work. At least CX LHR F lounge waits for the entrée to be finished first.

Also, the gentleman in my adjacent table asked for some red and got the Henriot Rosé...
Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by lkrt

Oh really? I’ve never been done that before in any of CX lounges but I admit I lack experience in HK restaurants so don’t know how they work. At least CX LHR F lounge waits for the entrée to be finished first.

Also, the gentleman in my adjacent table asked for some red and got the Henriot Rosé...
I believe there was a similar complaint post either here or at BA forum about this too but could not find it. Yes it's normal for HK restaurants to bring food whenever it's prepared, with some exceptions (like sit-down, sit-down restaurants I mean).
Old Jun 23, 2018, 12:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
CX probably got the result they wanted, people will visit the lounge less, arrive at the airport later and they will save even more money
Old Jun 23, 2018, 12:49 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by pvgman
CX probably got the result they wanted, people will visit the lounge less, arrive at the airport later and they will save even more money
Counter this by visiting the qantas lounge instead. This will cost them real money.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
At Pier F tonight and Food is improving (a little bit) and service much more. Still missing a few final touches for the food though:
- french fries not yet fully cooked in the center (oil probably not hot enough)
- beef patty is obviously "frozen" variety and should NOT be ordered medium (otherwise it becomes painfully obvious it was frozen)
- nicoise salad tuna could use a little more seasoning and the string beans should be cut properly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.