Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Discussion of The Deck continues here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1895979-deck-opens-22-march-2018-a.html
Print Wikipost

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:59 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
QF's BBQ pork rice is so good! I used to go there before I turned DM...but I think I should go back since the food in the F lounges are really bad.
Maybe it’s just me but I find the QF BBQ pork a bit lean (better for western palette). As bad as the Sodexo version looks, it actually tastes good.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
My first time on CX (well, KA) in years occurred on 24/6. I was on a J ticket HKG-HKT. As a US citizen, allow me to say that if current lounge condition (Pier, Business) is in its alzheimers, I can only imagine the glory days.

Service was quite good, the GH Mumm was agreeable, and the barista Americano was fine. It didn't blow me away, but I'd pay fair-market cafe prices for it without complaint. The steamed pork & veg bao from the noodle bar were quite good, though the filling did err on the stingy side in quantity. The bao had a decent texture. I've paid for worse in Hong Kong. The siu mai though definitely did trend way toward manufactured a la Shenzhen Yum Cha Ltd, Factory 88 that I'd expect at a mediocre hotel's breakfast buffet (or 7/11).

The dragon fruit was tasty, but that's so cheap, I suppose it would be inexcusable for it to be otherwise.

Of course, take this with a massive grain of salt as I had been living in the US for the past two years being subjected to my country's culture paying good money for junk (in every modality).
Isochronous likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:33 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sxc

Maybe it’s just me but I find the QF BBQ pork a bit lean (better for western palette). As bad as the Sodexo version looks, it actually tastes good.
i agree with you
qantas food is just the same stale stuff they put in cx j lounges over a steamer
and cold salads
and the rice plate- i might as well get some food in town before heading to the airport
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 1:28 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kaka
i agree with you
qantas food is just the same stale stuff they put in cx j lounges over a steamer
and cold salads
and the rice plate- i might as well get some food in town before heading to the airport
always a great idea! Lounge (and airport food, for that matter) is more often underwhelming than not (at least where I frequently) fly from and, a so getting a roast in town never hurts
Old Jul 1, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by clubeurope
always a great idea! Lounge (and airport food, for that matter) is more often underwhelming than not (at least where I frequently) fly from and, a so getting a roast in town never hurts
But I think you're missing the point. The CX lounges (esp. First) were NOT underwhelming and often something I (and others) looked forward to as a really nice part of our experience. What we are sad (and complaining) about is the downward spiral
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:31 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by estnet
But I think you're missing the point. The CX lounges (esp. First) were NOT underwhelming and often something I (and others) looked forward to as a really nice part of our experience. What we are sad (and complaining) about is the downward spiral
yes, I agree, though I didn’t quite specify it to HKG, and I did myself enjoy the food at the CX lounges whilst it was still good. Yet, where I typically fly from, CGK, EDI, and the occasional MAN (to connect to CX) lounge food provided by the contract lounges are absolutely underwhelming and thus, bringing food from town is never a bad idea. Though, I’d have to give praise to BA in EDI for actually improving their selection, recently...
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by clubeurope

yes, I agree, though I didn’t quite specify it to HKG, and I did myself enjoy the food at the CX lounges whilst it was still good. Yet, where I typically fly from, CGK, EDI, and the occasional MAN (to connect to CX) lounge food provided by the contract lounges are absolutely underwhelming and thus, bringing food from town is never a bad idea. Though, I’d have to give praise to BA in EDI for actually improving their selection, recently...
Sorry I was only talking about the HKG lounges since that is pretty much what the thread was discussing
QRC3288 and clubeurope like this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:44 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

I stumbled on this thread that shows what BA serves in its Concorde Room for First Class passengers. Admittedly this is not open to business class passengers or Emerald equivalents, but it's sad to compare what CX serves to First Class passengers these days to BA:

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
HaikalS and clubeurope like this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club, KF
Was in Pier F around midnight on Saturday and what a circus... Completely packed, no table available in dining area, pantry almost empty of food, people doing skype calls on speakerphone sitting at the bar.. I dropped by the Bridge also and it was equally full. I really hope this is because of the holiday season and abundance of Europe flights departing from nearby gates and not a long term thing...
jeweled golf club likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:57 am

Programs: MPC CXGO, IHG RA
Just left the Pier J. Didn't eat anything because they all looked so bad!

(and I'm not a picky person at all! )

Heading to Qantas lounge now...
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Originally Posted by rays
Just left the Pier J. Didn't eat anything because they all looked so bad!

(and I'm not a picky person at all! )

Heading to Qantas lounge now...
Same thing just happened to me - though it was Wing F &J and was craving for a burger so went to the burger place nearby
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Had dinner at QF lounge last week - they had a good beef massaman curry. Then walked over to the Deck and the food offerings were dreadful - no real dessert options and place was overcrowded. I'll be stick to QF for now.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:22 pm

Programs: LH HON
Pier F is a mess right now. Seriously what the hell.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:29 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
is it just m but even menu dont look appealing anymore let alone food quality. used to be a tough choice choosing from menu cuz i wanted them all, now its like i dont want any of the options, they dont stimulate appatitie

on a flipside i now look forward to inflight J meal... for right or wrong reason, CX lived to its promise to "enhance" J inflight dining... they degraded their ground experience so much that plane meal is now a very viable alternaive
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:33 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ckx2
Pier F is a mess right now. Seriously what the hell.
Photos please

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.