Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Discussion of The Deck continues here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1895979-deck-opens-22-march-2018-a.html
Print Wikipost

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: LH HON
The menu has been enhanced, there are definitely less choices now? Taste wise it's hit and miss, but unfortunately more of the latter. Kale, Beetroot and Quinoa salad was absolutely tasteless and the greens had no seasoning at all. The cheese and ricotta ravioli were decent and better than the Dan Dan Mien, which is a shame

Restaurant fully crowded, tables not cleared in a timely manner. Noise level is way over what I usually experience in here, but I blame the AA pax for that (biased).

Pantry looks like it has been raided and doesn't seem to be replenished at all?

It's just sad given how impressive this lounge has been the first time I got here in 2015.

And apparently only two people can take your order in the restaurant now, all other service staff are only for delivering or clearing dishes. Took me quite a while to place an order, because they've been so busy.

Last edited by ckx2; Jul 8, 2018 at 11:40 pm
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:47 pm

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Originally Posted by ckx2
Noise level is way over what I usually experience in here, but I blame the AA pax for that (biased).
Definitely not enough sample size but the past two times I've been in Pier F, it's been a bunch of Americans (from their accent at least) 'hogging' seats. Last night there was even family of four that littered their bags, jackets & shoes all over the place to block the sofa seating area near the pantry (the one with a 4-seater sofa plus 6 individual seats)
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:54 pm

The crowd has left and now the staff is able to keep up with clearing / cleaning tables, refilling drinks pro-actively etc. Had a quick chat with one of the (what I believe) managers. They are still trying to improve things and they are very well aware, that they're not performing as expected yet. It seems all the service staff members have been replaced, at least I do not recognise any familiar faces anymore?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:18 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by HaikalS
Definitely not enough sample size but the past two times I've been in Pier F, it's been a bunch of Americans (from their accent at least) 'hogging' seats. Last night there was even family of four that littered their bags, jackets & shoes all over the place to block the sofa seating area near the pantry (the one with a 4-seater sofa plus 6 individual seats)
Why didn't you either ask them to move their stuff or (when they were gone) quietly unblock the 6 seats and take one?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:21 am

Okay here's my perverse idea to wake them up

1) order one of everything on the menu
2) if anything is edible eat it
3) leave everything else (and if you chose mention to a manager why it is left)
4) go to qantas lounge for food

Maybe this will wake up management ?? .... well hope springs eternal
kaka likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by estnet

That's the recipe for being a ......... and would rather be unpleasant for the staff than the management.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:48 am

That's the recipe for being a ......... and would rather be unpleasant for the staff than the management.
Perhaps, but nothing else has seemed to work - and even if it's hard for the staff (for hopefully a very short while) they too could convey their concerns to management (?how many people have to complain before they do something - actions speak louder than words)
Oh, and I did say it was perverse
Carfield and kaka like this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:02 am

Why didn't you either ask them to move their stuff or (when they were gone) quietly unblock the 6 seats and take one?
Actually I just stepped over their bags/jackets/stuff and took one of the seats the lounge was very crowded!
Carfield, estnet and kaka like this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:52 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Perhaps, but nothing else has seemed to work - and even if it's hard for the staff (for hopefully a very short while) they too could convey their concerns to management (?how many people have to complain before they do something - actions speak louder than words)
Oh, and I did say it was perverse
DYWKIA
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by HaikalS
That has happened to me a few times over the years. I just quietly move the stuff.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:11 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Let's not derail this thread to talk about lounge etiquette. Please stay on topic discussing the new lounge operator.

sxc
Cathay Pacific Moderator
Alawyer likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:27 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
nothing is unpleasant for the management unless cx give them some sticks
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:29 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold

i would just get cx to psy for my qf entries. Going to the pier then qf is a MASSIVE backtrack
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by kaka

i would just get cx to psy for my qf entries. Going to the pier then qf is a MASSIVE backtrack
Not to beat a dead horse - but The Wing to Qantas is not far. Sodexo operates the Wing as well.
kaka likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:32 pm

Talking about lounge alternatives... I saw on the OneWorld site that Club Bauhinia (the HK Airlines lounge) and Plaza Premium are also listed. Does that mean we can enter them as OWE/OWS?

How do they compare vs. CX?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.