FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:50 pm
lost_in_translation

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by zzz997
Visited The Pier & The Wing F serval time this month.
Food quality definitely improved then earlier this year for the item in the Menu. But the food quality Buffet area at The Wing remind me the"Canteen" experience when I am still a teenagers.
I also found the staff quality in The Wing particular went from bad to worst. Waiter keep missing the order even with only < 20 Pax in the dining area. Their attitude also seems not interested to serve the pax. Even some Assistant Supervisor (In suit) had demonstrated the same "black-face". Compare to The Pier, most staff are well trained and present well
I noticed some Senior Manager keep patrolling at The Pier but not The WIng (F Lounge). May be this is the reason for quality at The Pier maintained?
I find exactly the opposite, have been through both four times in the last month for the first time in a while and whilst service in The Wing dining area was always prompt if a bit cold, The Pier was unacceptably poor 3 out of 4 times (One time I waited about 20 minutes for someone to bring me a menu, next time waited about 20 minutes after getting a menu for someone to take my order, next time they forgot to bring the starter I ordered and also my drink). I think The Pier dining area is a victim of its own success, they are very polite when serving but they seem to struggle a lot with numbers when it's busy. The Wing has a much better dining area layout for attracting attention to get service even if the decor isn't as nice.