FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:27 pm
kaka
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by QRC3288
2x morning, 1x afternoon. Lunch comes out around 12noon so if you show up at 11-12 you're kinda in the doldrums where you might want lunch, but breakfast is still out.

i find the Qantas buffet breakfast offering to now be superior to the CX F lounges. salads good too. and coffee superior to CX. i'm less worried about over-abundance and more interested in quality.

while CX has never had abundance in the F lounges, it used to at least be "more than adequate". But quality has taken a swift decline meaning much of the food I don't even want to touch these days, who cares about abundance when it's just industrial kitchen food. the quality of food in the Pier F has been in decline for a while, but this recent Sodexo change is the most sudden "drop" I've experienced since they opened the new Pier F.

I agree this can't all be Sodexo's fault. The budget must've been cut and/or Sodexo came in with a lowball, saying things CX knew to be untrue ("same quality, lower price"), and CX happily accepted.

it is a long way since the Peninsula days.
bery much agreed. And u get “fresh cooked” rice dish in the evening.