Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Birthday Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2013, 1:36 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
So this only applies to MPC members and not other OWEs, eg QF WP?

Perhaps if I fly CX on my birthday I will put in an CX FF number on the booking, and change to QF at or after check in. haha.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by Isochronous
So this only applies to MPC members and not other OWEs, eg QF WP?

Perhaps if I fly CX on my birthday I will put in an CX FF number on the booking, and change to QF at or after check in. haha.
If you have a GO or DM MPC, then yes, else don't bother.
Probably you don't have two OWE's if not with some help from a credit card company.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:25 am

Going to fly on HKG/LHR soon on my birthday (MPC Gold for 4 years only).

Will post a reply soon here stating whether this benefit also applies to me, as I have the following "difficulties" to get an upgrade:

1. I'm HKG-based. I always believe (feel) that CX cares about other members more than those based at HKG.
2. I'm travelling in a group of 3.
3. HKG/LHR has high demand in W-class/J-class.
4. It is a redemption booking.

I will post the results next week, but anyway, I am not too optimistic. Most likely I will end up sitting in those fixed shell seats
Yea I'm travelling on CX255...
Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: CX GO (in hibernation mode), AA EXP, SPG GO, HH DM
Originally Posted by iscor3
yes. bypassed Y+
i just flew on my bday and was upgraded to J ... i was in Y+ since i used mileage to upgrade. may have to see next year how my luck is if i stay in Y
Old Jun 18, 2013, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by B-HXG
Going to fly on HKG/LHR soon on my birthday (MPC Gold for 4 years only).

Will post a reply soon here stating whether this benefit also applies to me, as I have the following "difficulties" to get an upgrade:

1. I'm HKG-based. I always believe (feel) that CX cares about other members more than those based at HKG.
2. I'm travelling in a group of 3.
3. HKG/LHR has high demand in W-class/J-class.
4. It is a redemption booking.

I will post the results next week, but anyway, I am not too optimistic. Most likely I will end up sitting in those fixed shell seats
Yea I'm travelling on CX255...
UPDATES:
Flew the flight already exactly on my date of birthday.
1) no upgrade
2) no "happy birthday" from FA
3) no meet & greet from FA

I'm no different than another non-status pax in economy class who is not having his birthday. Well, time for me to reconsider crediting my miles to another airline? Haha.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 3:50 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
UPDATES:
1) no upgrade

I'm no different than another non-status pax in economy class who is not having his birthday. Well, time for me to reconsider crediting my miles to another airline? Haha.
Interesting thank you for following up. So I guess it really depends on the situation, and it's probably more variable for GOs I imagine than DMs.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:13 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club
Just a heads up that I was recently upgraded TPE-HKG from Y to J along with my mum.

A couple things to note:
1. I flew on the exactly day of my birthday
2. More than half the crew said happy birthday to me personally (albeit, the ISM did not).
3. I'm only a silver member, and I was travelling with my mum, who only has AM. But after a quick call made by the check in agent, she informed me that we were both upgraded.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:28 am

UPDATES:
1) no upgrade

Perhaps J was sold out? Can't upgrade you when there are no seats.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
I got upgraded from J to F last week when I flew to LHR on my birthday. Received a birthday card signed by all the cabin crew and the cockpit crew (in different languages depending on the origin of the crew) and a birthday cake before landing into LHR - very nice of them!
Old Jan 6, 2014, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
I got upgraded from J to F last week when I flew to LHR on my birthday. Received a birthday card signed by all the cabin crew and the cockpit crew (in different languages depending on the origin of the crew) and a birthday cake before landing into LHR - very nice of them!
2 legs; 1 departing 11'ish PM (day before B'day) and 2nd leg on actual B'day. Flying paid J. 1st leg did not have F; card signed by crew + box of Peninsula chocolate. 2nd leg upgraded from J to F, card signed by crew + Krug to go. Status: DM.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 5:20 pm

Interesting situation today - when I was checking in (HKG-LAX), after I asked to change seats, the agent said he would like to upgrade me to first from business because it's my birthday (unless, he asked, id like to keep my business seat). Unfortunately he did this before he checked the loading! Flight was full today. No complaints on my end, just wanted to share a (semi) success story.

That makes 3 years in a row. Last two years were, however, fully successful!

Last edited by uktraveller212; Feb 5, 2014 at 5:23 pm Reason: Sentence missing.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by uktraveller212
Interesting situation today
Happy Birthday!
Old Mar 5, 2014, 1:45 am

I'm booked in F on my bday, should I expect anything extra automatically? It's an AA award. I have no MPC status, just OW sapphire via AA plat.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 2:32 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by audio-nut
I'm booked in F on my bday, should I expect anything extra automatically? It's an AA award. I have no MPC status, just OW sapphire via AA plat.
Probably not. I doubt that AA would pass on personal information such as birthdays to CX.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by sxc
Probably not. I doubt that AA would pass on personal information such as birthdays to CX.
Wouldn't AA pass it as part of secure flight info?

It's actually my GF's bday ( and she has the OW status) and I am just trying to make the experience as pleasurable as possible, not that CX F isn't already as good as it gets.

Last edited by audio-nut; Mar 5, 2014 at 6:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.