Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: free agent
also received card today. my email came a few minutes after activation. given earlier reports, seems to be pure coincidence...
Old Mar 19, 2011, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
I got 2 emails but the 2 cards have not arrived yet. Activation is therefore not a prerequisite to getting the code.
... However the emails showed up one right after the other, matching the tight spacing between the 2 applications, which got instant approval during the first 24 hours of the offer last week.
Similar situation for me, reiterating no activation is needed for the email to arrive.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 5:24 pm

Programs: DL KM
I haven't received the card, but I did get "The Email". Uses a long numeric password and your zip code. You can either scan your statement and upload as a PDF, or send it in by fax.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 5:25 pm

Old Mar 19, 2011, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by mnmag
Wow, this sounds promising!
I, too, applied on 3/9, actual approval on 3/15, & received card today. I am still waiting for e-mail w/passcode! When I called to activate card, I spoke to a CS who said to expect the e-mail in the next week!
Just received the passcode e-mail 5 min. ago!^
Old Mar 19, 2011, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Your statement doesn't have to show any earnings. They just want a statement from the last 6 months showing the current miles. Of course you send in the one with the highest total. Many have already done this. You're reading too much into this I think.
So nobody would be concerned with sending in a airline account for which you don't have a corresponding credit card for?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA
I claimed my miles and uploaded by statement, but when I check status it says they are waiting on my statement. Is that normal?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 5:32 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
First name only

On the claim your miles link, it just shows my first name, not the last. Are all of you seeing this?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by ngalliance
I claimed my miles and uploaded by statement, but when I check status it says they are waiting on my statement. Is that normal?
Normal enough for me! They do say 'wait one business day' so I am going to check again Monday.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 5:42 pm

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ngalliance
The website says it needs up to a day to update status on that page. I actually uploaded a PDF again from the status screen and it gave me the same message, so I'm willing to be patient... well for 24 hours that is!

Just to let everyone know the timeline so far for me:

*March 9th - Applied (as new Cap 1 customer), instant approval.

*March 14th: Letter arrives, says card approval is pending and includes all sorts of info including my Experian credit score (which was significantly different than on myfico.com.. that however is a different matter).

*March 18th: email from Cap 1 saying my card will arrive in 7-10 days. separate email with opportunity to create my own card.

*March 19th (saturday): email from Cap 1 with passcode for submitting Airline statement, AAdvantage eStatement submitted as PDF

*March 21st: Card Arrives

*March 21st (within 1 business day of submitting statement): email that miles are reserved. doesn't specify total.

*March 25th: Email confirming 100k miles are reserved.

Last edited by goldenbear; Mar 25, 2011 at 9:47 am
Old Mar 19, 2011, 5:52 pm

just got the passcode

Just got the passcode! Submitted online with PDF and faxed the docs as well! Looks like they are closed today! Have to wait till Monday to get the confirmation

Thanks op an ft again
Old Mar 19, 2011, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by thebat
On the claim your miles link, it just shows my first name, not the last. Are all of you seeing this?
Same here.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 6:05 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Originally Posted by thebat
Same for me.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 6:05 pm

anyone confirm that 1k mint coins are treated as a purchase and not a cash advance with CO?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by vickh
anyone confirm that 1k mint coins are treated as a purchase and not a cash advance with CO?
IIRC, someone who is an existing Cap1 cardholder confirmed that $ coins work w/them!^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.