Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2011, 9:33 am

I read many of these posts before submitting my statement. Here's what I did:
I took two of my AA statements, each of which showed the 75k sign up bonus, and merged them using a PDF merge utility (Batch PDF Merger), and submitted a single PDF file, with my total miles well over 100k. Not as thorough as Marathon Man, but I think that should suffice. Good luck everybody, I hope we all get the 100k points!
Old Mar 20, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Originally Posted by philemer
www.cutepdf.com was mentioned earlier. It worked for me. Two small programs to install.
Thanks. This worked great for me. Very easy to use. I got confirming notice that I registered, now we just gotta wait for the miles.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
P.S. The disclosure letter than Capital One sends out last week? It's got your credit score on the back of it. It's the only credit card company I know that sends that information along with a cc application. That's...nice.
I agree, I think that's pretty cool, too.

Mine only showed one credit score (Equifax), but many prior posts have indicated Cap1 pulling two or all three reports. Has anyone's disclosure letter shown more than one credit score? I am wondering if it means anything that Cap1 only showed one credit score.

Okay, I answered my own question while typing out this post. I see that Cap1 did pull from Experian, and probably did from Transunion as well.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by philipr4
I simply cannot believe that I, with a stellar credit rating and having NEVR been denied any type of credit, was just denied this card. That is so unfortunate, because now, my credit rating will be affectedc negatively AND I don't get the bonus miles. Those of you contemplating applying should consider this before you, too fall for this very tempting offer.

Just my $.02.
Did you get any indication for why you were rejected? From keeping up with this thread, it appears that this card is actually pretty easy to get, especially when compared with some of the other cards with big bonuses going on now (like the USAir world premier mastercard from Barclay's). So while there's always a chance someone won't be approved, if one is relatively sure they have the credit to get a new card, they're probably correct with respect to this one (but of course there will be exceptions).

As for your credit score being adversely affected by the hard pull(s) - if you do have stellar credit, then any one of your scores won't be affected much by one pull. Single pulls have a much larger impact on those with less than stellar credit.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkMColo
I agree, I think that's pretty cool, too.

Mine only showed one credit score (Equifax), but many prior posts have indicated Cap1 pulling two or all three reports. Has anyone's disclosure letter shown more than one credit score? I am wondering if it means anything that Cap1 only showed one credit score.

Okay, I answered my own question while typing out this post. I see that Cap1 did pull from Experian, and probably did from Transunion as well.
Where do you see that? I only see Equifax on mine.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
...you can now merge your Continental and United frequent flyer mile accounts...merge them, and send the statement of the new merged account...
For information on that, see here: https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com/MP1101OPTM.jsp: "...If you want an award ticket on United but don't have enough Mileage Plus miles, you can move miles from your OnePass account to make up the difference. Or vice versa..."
Old Mar 20, 2011, 10:19 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by philipr4
I simply cannot believe that I, with a stellar credit rating and having NEVR been denied any type of credit, was just denied this card. That is so unfortunate, because now, my credit rating will be affectedc negatively AND I don't get the bonus miles. Those of you contemplating applying should consider this before you, too fall for this very tempting offer.

Just my $.02.
Are you applying for other credit in the near-term? If not, it is no big deal that your "credit rating will be affected negatively."
Old Mar 20, 2011, 10:23 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tmpy
Capital One either gained a customer for life or I go back to my old ways of never using that company.

Time will tell!
LOL x 1000. So you already backed away from your decision of "never using that company" since you said you would go "back" to your old ways. I guess you mean, "...until another great offer comes up from Capital One that I will try anyway."
Old Mar 20, 2011, 10:30 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jmw2323
says one airline reward statement. One statement or only one airline?
Originally Posted by airshadow
I can see your point. Like a lot of the terms, it's ambiguous.
I don't see it ambiguous at all, but maybe those not good in English would disagree. "airline reward" is the adjective. The "one" refers to the noun, which is "statement." So "one...statement" seems obvious to me.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by Miami305
What is the point of all these the-sky-is-falling-doom-and-gloom posts, except to be able to say "I TOLD YOU SO" if it comes true?
So someone doesn't send in the wrong statement such as this person who wrote the following.

"Well, I submitted my latest AA statement with about 82K miles. I could have submitted statement from two month ago when the 75K bonus miles were put in. I hope that I didn't make a mistake."

I would never say "I told you so" except maybe to a few people my husband included.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:10 am

PDF file

I was going to send a PDF of my Alaska Air Account but after converting to a PDF I noticed...There is no date anywhere on my on-line account. So i can't prove it was done in the last 6 months... Any suggestions?

Thanks
Shane
Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by shand32783
I was going to send a PDF of my Alaska Air Account but after converting to a PDF I noticed...There is no date anywhere on my on-line account. So i can't prove it was done in the last 6 months... Any suggestions?

Thanks
Shane
I was able to get a Month and Year on it by selecting a previous month, rather than Current -- this is with American Airlines, so you might be able to do something similar with Alaska. Would the last email statement they sent you work? If you're using CutePDF that's easy enough to make into PDF.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:46 am

I was so mad...

Unfortunately my last statement from AS said...we apologize...this months statement is unavailable...Arg!
Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by tormapleaf
Where do you see that? I only see Equifax on mine.
Sorry I wasn't clear. I got the info regarding Experian and Transunion from credit monitoring, not from Cap1's letter.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:49 am

Email lead time

What is the current lead time on receiving the email? I applied on the 13th, received the terms & conditions letter yesterday, but no email.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.