Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by vickh
GEORGE WASHINGTON $250 BOX $1 COINS 4 $250.00 $1,000.00 In stock and reserved

but Order Status: Your order request is on hold.
Is this the first time you have ordered coins? -- as what you described is exactly the process!
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by philipr4
I simply cannot believe that I, with a stellar credit rating and having NEVR been denied any type of credit, was just denied this card. That is so unfortunate, because now, my credit rating will be affectedc negatively AND I don't get the bonus miles. Those of you contemplating applying should consider this before you, too fall for this very tempting offer.

Just my $.02.
I am sorry that happened to you. Strange it did. Hope the next app goes better.

GEORGE WASHINGTON $250 BOX $1 COINS 4 $250.00 $1,000.00 In stock and reserved

but Order Status: Your order request is on hold.
Most orders go on hold for the mint from 1-3 days. That thread has about 1408240824820842084025023050224 posts that might discuss same.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by mnmag
Is this the first time you have ordered coins? -- as what you described is exactly the process!
yep! newbie. Card shows a 1k auth......
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man

Most orders go on hold for the mint from 1-3 days. That thread has about 1408240824820842084025023050224 posts that might discuss same.
1408240824820842084025023050225 now
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA, Alaska, Delta, Hilton, United
Yay!

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
Reiterating what everyone says, I got the passcode (with a time of 6:15pm) today and promptly submitted my pdf of my AA statement. I feel like I've been waiting for it forever!

Ha, I did exactly what someone else did. The first time I thought I uploaded my document, nothing happened (it took, but I got a message that I'm missing my airline statement), so I tried re-uploading it again. Same message, so I figured the upload went fine and I'm going to wait to see if the status will change in the next business day or two as the instructions indicated.

For those who are curious about the timeline, here's mine:

- Applied morning of 3/10 (Thursday) and instantly approved (new customer).
- Officially approved in their system on 3/15 (following Tuesday).
- Received the "Your card is on the way" on 3/18, followed by the "customize your card image" email that same day.
- Received the card in the mail on 3/19 morning and activated it immediately.
- Received the passcode email and submitted my pdf to "reserve the miles".

I hope to get one last email next week about my miles being reserved, and then I'll spend my $1k (car insurance due soon!) and hopefully get my 100k venture points shortly after. I feel like I've done everything I need to do for that 100k venture points, and I'm looking forward to spending those points later this year.

Good luck to everyone who's waiting.

Notes: I also did the same thing someone else did. I screenshot my AA statement (jpg) and then print and saved as a pdf (mac).
-----------

+1
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Approved. Approved. Approved.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yep! newbie. Card shows a 1k auth......
No worries! lol --now this auth may drop off... and then reappear... (and they often DO auth twice and sometimes more) ...and it may hold for longer or shorter... and it may go to process and hang on that status for a while... and may ship before it bills you... all of this may occur or none of it. Depends on the ways of the mint in any given week.

1408240824820842084025023050225 now
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ok... I just did my wife!

um I mean ...I just now did these forms FOR her on the log in system

and am ordering her $1k coins now

will check back in a day or so to see how both our new babies... I mean apps are doin! lol
Old Mar 19, 2011, 10:37 pm

Data point. I upgraded on the 15th and got the email today.

So far it looks like everyone that are officially approved on the 15th on their side is getting the email.

Bad part for me is that the AA miles won't post till another month... hope the points last untill i am able to submit the miles.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by ronf
Buy a mac you can print to pdf.

Evernote may work too.
Go to joliprint.com. They have a bookmarklet which can be added to your browser which allows you to create a .pdf of any web page. Works well almost always.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:51 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Cool, hopefully I'll get an e-mail tmr then, was officially approved on 3/16.
Were you instantly approved as well? I wasn't, so maybe they take instant approval + x days rather than the official approval dates

Originally Posted by dilvala
Data point. I upgraded on the 15th and got the email today.

So far it looks like everyone that are officially approved on the 15th on their side is getting the email.

Bad part for me is that the AA miles won't post till another month... hope the points last untill i am able to submit the miles.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 1:01 am

FYI, I was instantly approved on the 13th, wife was given the 7 to 10 day wait message. Been checking her status a few times over the phone. She was just approved today as well. So the 7 to 10 day wait message doesn't always mean your not going to be approved.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum
I dont want to sound like a pessimist, however I think only a few of us are going to end up with 110,000 pts. After reading all these posts, submitting my application and being approved days ago etc etc. I feel Capital One is only going to match the miles earned from cc activity not all the miles you have in your acct. Why would they?

This is going to be a nightmare for them and us. If you recently got a big bonus say 75000 AA miles from their cc or you have a business that you have spent $100,000 on one airline earning card in the last 6 months youll get them. But for the average couple thousand a month cc earning people thats the only thing well get. A couple thousand points/miles!

I hope its not true but my gut is telling me it is.

I know Im going to get a lot of flack for writing this but after everything marathon man went through to get all his cc earning statements together etc. hes on the right track.

Well all have to wait and see what miles post and how I hope Im wrong because I want to spend those points just like everyone else.

Capital One either gained a customer for life or I go back to my old ways of never using that company.

Time will tell!
Old Mar 20, 2011, 8:02 am

Confused!

Folks, like many of you, I have over 150k miles with AA thanks to the Citi CC bonuses, but that was over six months ago.
I got the email from CapOne and I was about to submit a screenshot of my current statement, but the last post and Marathon man's post are making me think.
Are you guys submitting just the current statement showing over 100k miles without bothering about CC spend / bonuses?
Please let me know!
Old Mar 20, 2011, 8:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Tmpy
I dont want to sound like a pessimist, however I think only a few of us are going to end up with 110,000 pts. After reading all these posts, submitting my application and being approved days ago etc etc. I feel Capital One is only going to match the miles earned from cc activity not all the miles you have in your acct. Why would they?

This is going to be a nightmare for them and us. If you recently got a big bonus say 75000 AA miles from their cc or you have a business that you have spent $100,000 on one airline earning card in the last 6 months youll get them. But for the average couple thousand a month cc earning people thats the only thing well get. A couple thousand points/miles!

I hope its not true but my gut is telling me it is.

I know Im going to get a lot of flack for writing this but after everything marathon man went through to get all his cc earning statements together etc. hes on the right track.

Well all have to wait and see what miles post and how I hope Im wrong because I want to spend those points just like everyone else.

Capital One either gained a customer for life or I go back to my old ways of never using that company.

Time will tell!
What is the point of all these the-sky-is-falling-doom-and-gloom posts, except to be able to say "I TOLD YOU SO" if it comes true?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.