Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2011, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by brasov02
Just curious to know if a red flag might be raised when all this sudden "interest" in $1 coins start showing up on all these new card accounts or if Cap1 will even notice, or care.
Probabaly if that is the only Purchase made with the card, if you use it for some other charges for 100s of $$$ and a bunch of small ones then there shouldnt be any problem.

As much a sI liked teh Flex CC this is so much better except in 1 case.

1stly its much better since with Flex the least amount you have to cash out for is 20k or a tkt up to $399.99 if the tkt ai prices @ $400.90 then that will be 30k in pts instead of 20k. With Venture if a tkt is $150ai seems they will take only 15k in pts or for a $320 tkt 32k while Flex will take 20k or the same as 40k

the 1 exception where Flex is better is they will give 2x on the pts for the most you spend either Gas,Tkts or Supermarkets. So ifa person is in the food bis theyd do best using Flex still just for supermarkets or if aperson as a fleet of Delivery vans or trucks ora fleet of cars they would do best keeping Flex just for gas, yielding up to a 4% return

the avg person wont spend that much on either gas or supermarkets to make it useful to keep the Flex CC
Old Mar 20, 2011, 4:03 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mdd1772
So my wife and I got the so called "instant approval" with $20K line each.
While we wait I wanted to know a little more about the mechanics of the "no hassle" as in how do my wife and I redeem our combined $1120x2 "C1 Miles"
------------------------------
Had an online chat with either an ill trained, evasive, ignorant CRS - take your pick. Anyone shed any light on the details and/or tricks of optimal redemption?
---------------------------------------
Welcome to flyertalk, mdd1772!

Perhaps I am not familiar with the Capital One program, but I DO have a hard time understanding what you were trying to ask! Your attitude demonstrated in the online chat did not help the matter either. I think the rep has done a good job trying to address your concern already!
Old Mar 20, 2011, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
So my wife and I got the so called "instant approval" with $20K line each.
While we wait I wanted to know a little more about the mechanics of the "no hassle" as in how do my wife and I redeem our combined $1120x2 "C1 Miles"
------------------------------
Had an online chat with either an ill trained, evasive, ignorant CRS - take your pick. Anyone shed any light on the details and/or tricks of optimal redemption?
I have to disagree with you completely. Iris did seem to know the details on the redemption. With you asking multiple questions at one time, you did not offer her a chance to give you much more information.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by buschoi
Welcome to flyertalk, mdd1772!

Perhaps I am not familiar with the Capital One program, but I DO have a hard time understanding what you were trying to ask! Your attitude demonstrated in the online chat did not help the matter either. I think the rep has done a good job trying to address your concern already!

Ok a better attitude on my part might have helped. With a little more searching I believe I found a thread which does shed some light on the redemption details.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...edemption.html
Old Mar 20, 2011, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by deant
I have to disagree with you completely. Iris did seem to know the details on the redemption. With you asking multiple questions at one time, you did not offer her a chance to give you much more information.
I agree sort of. The CSR did eventually answer your question, but it did take her a while to find out the answer. But you have to understand the CSR aren't just for this offer but ever aspect of Capital One, So most of the people online haven't researched this particular subject (which is only a 10 days old) as much as us FTers.

I understand your frustration, happens on so many things these days, where they just copy and paste a prescripted answer, that doesn't really answer anything.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Ok a better attitude on my part might have helped. With a little more searching I believe I found a thread which does shed some light on the redemption details.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...edemption.html
The guts of the link above show this:
Miles Needed For Travel That Costs...
15,000 Up to $150
35,000 $150.01 - $350
60,000 $350.01 - $600
100x cost $600+

We've read on the CapOne site that "you just add two zeros". Is that only for $600 & over expenses?

Would a current Venture cardholder clarify for us? Maybe the chart is for a different CapOne card?
Old Mar 20, 2011, 5:18 pm

Programs: SPG, UAL, ThankYou
Originally Posted by philemer
15,000 Up to $150
35,000 $150.01 - $350
60,000 $350.01 - $600
100x cost $600+

We've read on the CapOne site that "you just add two zeros". Is that only for $600 & over expenses?

Would a current Venture cardholder clarify for us? Maybe the chart is for a different CapOne card?
Are the tiers for *each* line item or can multiple expenses contribute to the $600+ like hotel, rental car, and flight at $200 each?
Old Mar 20, 2011, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by philemer
15,000 Up to $150
35,000 $150.01 - $350
60,000 $350.01 - $600
100x cost $600+

I'm guessing venture is a different program from the no hassles card. In this example they say that a $109 hotel room will cost 10,900 points:

http://www.capitalone.com/creditcard...01_T_CP72523ER
Old Mar 20, 2011, 6:38 pm
Original Member

I uploaded my AA statement yesterday and I thought it said wait 24 hours for status to be updated. Now it says 1 business day.

When I "log in" it says I am registered but my mileage statement has not yet been received.

Has anyone who submitted their mileage statement yesterday (via PDF) received a confirmation of receipt?
Old Mar 20, 2011, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Andy2
I uploaded my AA statement yesterday and I thought it said wait 24 hours for status to be updated. Now it says 1 business day.

When I "log in" it says I am registered but my mileage statement has not yet been received.

Has anyone who submitted their mileage statement yesterday (via PDF) received a confirmation of receipt?
+1 for me... I'll give it a business day before I worry about it.

UPDATE: Miles accepted this afternoon, middle of the 1st business day. yippee!

Your registration form and airline rewards statement were accepted, and your Capital One VentureSM miles have been reserved. We'll apply them to your account as soon as you spend $1,000 on your new Venture card in the first 90 days.

We'll send you an e-mail when we apply your matching miles to your Venture account.

Last edited by emeraldtx; Mar 21, 2011 at 2:29 pm
Old Mar 20, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA, UA, NWA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by smata67
Applied March 10, got the passcode last night and uploaded my AA statement. The only date info on these is a footer for the print date and any activity for the statement, which I did have last month. Hope this is good enough. I have been checking today and I still get the "we have not received your statement" statement when I check, though it does say to allow 24 hours. We'll see if they take it.
I applied on March 11, and have got the terms and conditions, but no email from Capital One. I called and the CSR suggested that the email would be heading my way in a few days.

Oh, the angst!
Old Mar 20, 2011, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA, UA, NWA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle

Makes me think I might have botched the entering of my e-mail address!
That's exactly what I thought I did, so I called and confirmed that my email ID was indeed correct. Still so email
Old Mar 20, 2011, 7:09 pm

Programs: Lotz
CO Statements Only Show First Names !

CO is real sweet addressing you by your first name on the account summary but the upper part with your full name doesn't "print" to pdf.

This could be a hassle for those submitting CO.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by tassojunior
CO is real sweet addressing you by your first name on the account summary but the upper part with your full name doesn't "print" to pdf.

This could be a hassle for those submitting CO.
I find many web pages will not fully or properly render everything to print to pdf. If you could, try making a screen shot of the entire page and pasting THAT into Word. Then print THAT as a PDF.

And what I think they may have meant by submitting ONE 'statement' was one DOCUMENT. ie, if your submission was 12 pages long (like mine was) then that might fly. It was one single submission of all my stuff about miles on that card/airline.

my question is... and I know I need to wait a business day to see if anything went through... how does one get back to that page where one wants to see if their rewards were accepted and applied?

I have already made an online account and can even see my balance has been reduced by a temp auth for the $1,000 coin order I made last night and my rewards section naturally still says 0 points. But I set everything up on a Sat night so Monday is the business day and I would imagine it takes them a bit of time to both review what I sent and apply or deny it all/part of it.

Where will I look? Will it be in the card's rewards section or in that same place where we submitted our attached PDF?

Just wondering.
MM
Old Mar 20, 2011, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I'm guessing venture is a different program from the no hassles card. In this example they say that a $109 hotel room will cost 10,900 points:

http://www.capitalone.com/creditcard...01_T_CP72523ER
Thanks for the link. It's definitely "add two zeros". No bands or brackets. You have a $57 car rental and it'll take 5700 CapOne miles/pennies/scrip to cover the bill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.